Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.
A new Ar Tonelico game? With music by the same people? That's less creepy? Man, count me in. I still keep some of the hymmnos on my iPod; hoping there will be more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

AfroSquirrel posted:

And then there's ancient Al Ciel, and that Welshish Hymmnos that IPD's sing...

Hymmnos is cool and crazy. Good for impressively long, hard to crack, and still easily memorable passwords too!

Given the way that words are structured around consonant roots, I thought that Pastalian was more similar (conceptually) to Semitic languages such as Arabic.

E: I was promised less :japan:, and I don't know if I can agree that this has been delivered just yet. :stare:

David Corbett fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Apr 13, 2015

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

:aaa: I just connected the dots and realized that this game had the very same Origa (Olga Vitalevna Yakovleva) whose superb rendition of Meadowlands (Polyushka Polye) I recently stumbled across, quite by coincidence, on YouTube. Thought I'd share the video here, as it immediately makes clear why she would have been excellent for this sort of game (and is, I think, precisely up the alley of anyone who likes this style of music.)

What a shame that she died this January.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=04_rDXjQuoQ

• Locked thread