Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Feinne posted:

System Message: Obtained the thought gem [Tsun Kingdom Dere Empire]!

I wanted to smash something when this came up, and then it only got worse.

I'm glad that "nice hat" is an immutable aspect of Casty, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
As long as we don't have any broken toilets this game will stay ahead of Qoga to me.

Oddly I find myself missing stripping as a game mechanic, though, because it meant the characters had clothes on in the first place. Cripes, 5 major characters and 2 of them have their asses hanging out.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

wdarkk posted:

You must be better at repressing things than me.

We had to wait until late in the game for the characters in Qoga to be wearing as revealing of outfits as Nay and Prim wear at all times. And the Qoga characters did it in service of super moves. Prim just... forgot to wear pants, or something.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

wdarkk posted:

The thing that actually bugged me about stripping was the scenes where you encourage them to take off their clothes to let you program hyumas. A lot of the ladies were really uncomfortable with it. I don't think Feinne showed those (for good reason).

Then I am working with a false impression of Qoga!

Still, at least the characters had their butts covered during cutscenes. This is a lesser of two evils sort of thing. :colbert:

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

See! Truly Godawful crap involving some fucktard prattling on about whatever the hell "moe" is. Go away and die.

Man if you ain't down with moe then I have to wonder what you even do with your life. Moe is life. Kawaii is hometown.

quote:

Making them a joint thing between two characters doesn't help at all and just makes it more confusing. So is Sarly the one who hates friends? Or since this is diving into Cass, is she the one with friendship issues? And if this is Sarly's issue what does it have to do with Cass? It's just muddled..

It's a highly metaphorical situation exploring the nature of the relationships of these characters. Cass and Sarly kinda want to be friends but Sarly got burned on this whole "caring about other people" thing when the guy she loved had to stay on the dying planet. She's become afraid of losing those she cares about.

So, in this highly metaphorical space, she set up a machine to do all the caring about other people for her in a cold, logical manner and ended up teaming up with people with whom she still wants to be friends in some sort of ironic anti-friend squad, enlisting them without their permission because she couldn't stand opening up to be shot down, justifying it with the machine. Said dead guy appears in this metaphorical space as an antagonistic force because even though Sarly wants to be happy with cold logic, she can't completely let go. This is communicated with cartoon sheep and a guy who really likes moe because, uh, we're like at stage one and not every weird metaphor is going to make sense immediately. Or maybe it's just being weird for weirdness' sake to give the whole thing a sort of unhindered id thing. We're inside their minds, you know.

Like, the first Genometrics with just Cass presents itself as tsun-tsun Cass who wants Delta to just gently caress off and dere-dere Cass who wants to just gently caress Delta, as an exaggerated metaphor for Cass not really knowing how to reconcile and express her feelings for this guy she crushes on but who also opened the gate to let the murder aliens in. You know, that'd make my impression of a guy mixed, too. So there's this giant monster Delta looming because Cass is kinda scared of the guy who let the murder aliens in, but it doesn't do anything because Delta must've had good reasons to open the gate and can't be all bad. It's presented with extremes because this is raw mindspace.

So unless the higher levels just completely fumble I'm going to give the weird poo poo the benefit of the doubt because this is not this company's first rodeo with metaphorical mind dimensions being weird as hell.

• Locked thread