Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Its actually a pretty good game, I read the summary for Ciel though before playing this and it helped, a lot. My main gripe with this game is the art design for some characters. The artist who does the CG is terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I do pity the japanese nerds that spent over a year playing Ciel though, the updates came out like once a month or so and you had to babysit the game every so often I Think? Also Ar Nosurge came out and spoiled the Ciel ending before the Ciel ending was even done in the game.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Feinne, I can't let this stand. You didn't turn on the jp dub for the synthesizing part! They cut out the vocals for some reason which makes it even weirder.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I can do that for you, I played through the game with the JP dub. The most annoying thing is the heroines CONSTANTLY spout things during battle, im pretty sure thats not the case with the english dub. The field chat is also silent in the dubbed version.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I can record a battle with the jp voices on too at some point, its really goddamn annoying, especially when they shift towards certain inclinations as you just mentioned.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I've uploaded the :japan:-dub version of the Synthesis song. It changes depending on the people involved / synthesis type performed of course.

Click here if you want

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Its a super secret that she's the empress, it happened at the end of Ciel pretty much.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I wish they would have taken some resources etc. from the Atelier developers branch, because I played Atelier Ayesha after this and Animations etc were so much better. It's not AT3 but the 3d models still totally lack expressions most of the time and the animations are pretty amateurish. (Cass's hair is one big piece of cardboard for example)

Also get used to war on pants.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
The synthesis song is different for tech items too, they all have their unique lyrics depending on the synthesis type. This game has way too much of this kind of restaurant etc. talk though. I pretty much skipped 90% of Nays scenes I think.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
AT2 had the same problem though. I think 1 and 3 handled that better. Do they really expect the player to walk that often into those stores? I had situations where like 10+ scenes piled up, both in AT2 and this game.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
When I played the game I got really pissed with all these fanservice scenes early on too, but we're through the worst now. They really put all of it in the early game.

Also those Ciel bits must be confusing for people who did not read the summary.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Something you don't really get in the screenshots is how terrible Cass and Sarlys hair looks when they move their head, its mostly like one solid entity.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Check out the screens where Delta gives an answer, there are little arrows towards where the answer will move the personalities on the grid. Using song magic in battle also moves them slightly depending on where the song is on the grid. And on the extreme sides the battle vocals are pretty much always rude.

Edit: In this one for example it will move Sarly more towards the outroverted side of the grid.

FrickenMoron fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Apr 20, 2015

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I actually played the game up to the 4th or 5th boss without knowing how to change equipment, or rather what your equipment actually does. I was confused by how hard everything was up to that point. :downs:

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I pretty much skipped 95% of Nays and Sarlys shop/crafting dialogue when playing the game myself. There was only one character who I really thought interesting enough to read most of their stuff in that regard, the other probably 50%.

For Nay/Sarly there are a few interesting scenes, but they get lost in a lot of white noise crap.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I haven't played the game with the english voices yet, but does Nelo has an extremely deadpan voice in the japanese dub that doesn't even change if she gets clobbered up or anything, at least for this dive. It's pretty funny and I wonder if they managed to get some decent voice actors at least.

That said this was probably my least favorite dive in the whole game, the song magic is amazing though.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
It helps knowing that Shirotaka is pretty much a giant loving Otaku stereotype.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Maybe dives actualyl work betters a video? I don't know, I don't have to fully read them since I played the game myself, they usually take around 20-30 minutes to complete if you play the game yourself. There aren't as many as in AT games though.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Man, those crafting scenes related to items that restore Deltas memory were basically the only things I read regarding Sarlys store/crafting scenes. Also how is this place messy?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I feel like recoding a few more crafting song variations with Sarly/Delta/Cass/Nay. Its too bad that it basically needs to be uploaded entirely unprocessed or else youtube totally butchers the video.

Any chance for the gift of .gif in some updates? I think some scenes would work much better with animations.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Actually its probably just a mis-translation.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Did they translate the vocals for most battle song magic when you fire it? I think im gonna record a short synthesize song with sarly and upload it, people should not be deprived of the gift of :japan:

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Here's the song for mechanical item synthesis, with Sarly. I really like how unhappy Delta looks in all of those, he clearly does not want to be there. It's also amazing how much youtube butchers video encoding unless you upload 600 megabytes for 18 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql9GKVoH1r4

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
The medicine synth is probably my favorite one because its a dumb japanse world play again. Also IIRC Sarlys main form of interaction with Shirotaka in Ciel was via online bbs, they were like hacker buddies?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Most dialogue options vary between being nice and a dick to Ion, some are pretty amusing. Also the remains of the house are kind of sad, Ions house looks actually pretty nice in Ciel but it crumbles more and more as she regains her memories.

Also the plan to keeping someone occupied with Gacha forever is japanese as gently caress. Anyways, Ion is great, and so is Nelico.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Sindai posted:

After reading the summary, I have a question: has Nay been empress for 5000 years while the others were frozen?

Pretty much?

Also to the people asking about Ciel, remember that it was way more of a "life-sim" game where you had to constantly pay attention to Ion by logging in daily. Also if you pretty much devoted your entire lifetime to the game you had the option to have marriage ceremony with Ion :japan: . The story also was spoonfed chapter by chapter of the course of like what, 15 months? There probably were quite a few players who were emotionally invested into Ion and some other characters over all that time. It's an interesting concept, but I doubt it would ever work outside japan.

FrickenMoron fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Apr 28, 2015

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Basically you had your daily interaction where you get more sharl that rebuild Ions memory over time, draw items from Gachas for your house etc or to build poo poo, once a memory rebuild was complete you could watch it unfold like a visual novel.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Also since the Sharl in town mentioned about the Lighthouse keeper being the mother of sharls. What happened in Ciel? Creating lots of Sharls. While Ion was imprisoned. I think the game site in japan actually kept track of the # of total sharls created from all the players. Anyways, the village has some nice music.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Well, she does not have her genom anymore.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I know its probably a lot of extra work ,but is there any reason for no music links? The soundtrack in the game is really fantastic after all.

Here's Ions Genometrics for example.
Castys Genometrics
Sarlys Genometrics

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Well, I didnt know you did not have any music links available. That YT account has the full soundtrack, so it should be easy enough to polsy link those.

Speaking of Misha, nobody noticed that the Sharl called the place where "mother" was the Star Singers platform?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
You all like music right? Here's some of the town/world music we've encountered so far.

Felion , I'm not a big fan of this track really.
Quanturv/Quantave A much better track imo.
Honokano, the village of the sharl

Here's the track that plays when you move from location to location with Delta/Casty
World map view in the latest update with Ion

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Their sound team surely is great, it also shows in the Atelier games. Also have some gifs of Earthes and Delta how they appear on the dive maps. Certainly an improvement over the lazy 3d model in AT3! Too lazy to clean this poo poo up though. Are those in the game files and can be extracted?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Given the way Kanon and Ion parted ways in Ciel , this was a really confusing scene when I played the game myself.

Here's the town music for Tenryosara. Not a big fan of this one either.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
But then again Kanon got vaporized and yet here she is. The music in her genometrics is my favorite of that kind.

Also since we've got a new crew and a new shop, it's synthesis time! This song is for medicine type items, its apparently a dumb japanese wordplay again (kusuri, risku)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DOZruDd_UI

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Paracelsus posted:

Yeah, I was kinda expecting Ion to be more "Kanon is alive!?" than "Oh, that must be Kanon, it'll be nice to see her again."

This game actually came out before Ciel was finished, maybe that had something to do with some inconsitencies.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
There are actually several instances where things/places are refered to differently 1 or 2 lines after each another. There was absolutely no editing done on this game. Also when I played it they hadn'nt patched the NPC dialogue issue which was just absolutely crazy. I have no idea how that could slip through any form of QA, which I guess there was none of.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Here's the music for Kanons genometrics. It's my favorite one!

I still think Feinne should link all of the tracks as they appear for the first time at least, the game is all about music after all.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Since I like wasting my time encoding and uploading videos for this, anyone interested in a little song magic showcase? just the stuff we unlocked so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
The genometrics actually have japanese voice acting for most key scenes, so that just shows how low budget the translation was. Also they scrapped all field dialogue to be text only too.

Edit: Just checked it out myself, theyre completely devoid of voice acting. What a gutted translation effort.

FrickenMoron fucked around with this message at 05:28 on May 5, 2015

• Locked thread