Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Well this setting seems somewhat interesting. From the way people were talking about this game in your last thread though its supposed to have massive amounts of :japan: in a bad way. Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

quote:

I've seen some silly hats before but this is just ridiculous.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So, are all the sharl half naked fairies? I thought they were going to be space ghosts from the intro. Right now this all seems very...stupid, if I'm being generous.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
It doesn't really matter why they look like that in the story. Its stupid because the designers decided to make them look like that in the first place. I'm trying to give this game a chance but these designs are complete trash so far. I guess my tolerance for :japan: isn't high enough for this.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Feinne posted:

I'm going to bring up a plus side to this Dive, this is probably the weakest one in the game by a wide margin and once we get to the payoff it's still actually pretty decent.

This whole Dive thing sounds interesting to me so its why I'm sticking with this despite the horrid character design. I imagine it will be better when we aren't dealing with character issues that are literally being "tsundere" :ughh:

Feinne posted:

Option B: Skip it for an update in favor of some plot advancement, then weave in updates with that content in between plot updates.

This sounds like the best idea to me personally.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Apr 9, 2015

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

mastersord posted:

Think of them as JRPGs with a dating-sim element. All your partners are female mages and in order to level them up, you need to solve their mental baggage and endure cringe-inducing fan service scenes that go through all the typical Japanese anime cliches.

This is one of the gooniest game descriptions I've ever heard.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
...so this is the Divine Empress? I guess the Prime Minister has to be running everything behind the scenes or the city would be in flames.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Apr 12, 2015

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Having seen nothing of this series prior to this LP, it sounds like you're all speaking another language right now :v:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So is this cooking drama gonna last for the entire game? I'm not sure how many different ways I'm gonna be told that Nay and Delta have no idea how to prepare food but its already gotten old.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Frankly I'm shocked that we've actually seen a women that didn't look like an underage girl. Must of taken a lot of restraint on the designers part to just make her an oversexualized adult instead.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Feinne posted:

EDIT: I will say, how Nay dresses really does fit with her character. We just don't know enough about her yet to really see it as of this point in the plot so it seems especially egregious. No idea what the gently caress they were thinking on Prim, though I'll say later portions of the game will make it pretty clear Sharl and Genom don't really 'get' clothes and how they work. I'm honestly half-sure Prim's 'clothes' are part of her skin and are just basically part of babby's first attempt at looking like a human.

This stuff doesn't really matter though. No matter what in game justification is, you know the real reason they look like that is because the designer is a creep that can't keep their disgusting fetish out the work. Ingame justifications for that kind of stuff usually fall completely flat out and just make the whole thing even more pathetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Hey Feinne, could you consider splitting up the dives into more than two updates if they're all going to go as long as the last one? They're kind of exhausting to read when they go on that long.

life_source posted:

I also love Cass's "You have anmesia? gently caress YOU. START REMEMBERING SHITLORD" attitude.

I can understand her frustration. I mean, Delta is a potential threat to her entire organization but is acting like absolutely nothing is out of the ordinary. He lost huge chunks of his memory but somehow seems far less concerned about the whole thing than he should be.

• Locked thread