Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Ah, figured this would happen at some point. This is a good game, even though the first few hours of it try very hard to convince you otherwise.

Feinne, if you want a rip of the script, the file format is the same as AT3's so that would be pretty easy to put together. Texture rips, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Feinne I tried sending you game rips and it said your PM inbox was full.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Feinne posted:

I actually was intentionally offsetting comments but I could in the future drop lines above the next screen and not below when I do that, I'll try to keep it in mind.

Don't worry about a standard. Put the text where it makes sense to read naturally if you're reading everything top to bottom, left to right.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

This game is getting worse and worse.

Yeah, like I said, the game does its hardest to convince you that it's bad near the beginning. It gets better after a few hours, trust me.

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Question about "thought gems"...
  • When you receive them, does the gem you get have a random or predetermined effect?
  • Does the effect change if it is installed to a different location?
  • Wait, they can be installed into Delta?

Predetermined, no, yes. It barely matters anyway since the combat mechanics are neither transparent nor well-explained, so you have no idea what most of the effects actually do, or what the difference between a "Singing Speed Lv2" and a "Singing Speed+ Lv1" are.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Here is where the game actually gets good, in my opinion.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

So, fun fact! This was dummied out of the English version of this game, but in the Japanese version, there is a feature called "World Link".

quote:

World Link allows for the transfer of data and progress between "Ciel noSurge". Activate World Link?
Transfer of %d new items from Ciel noSurge complete!
<CLEG>World Link Download complete.<CLNA> Ciel noSurge item data and World Pack progress confirmed.
<CLEG>World Link Upload complete.<CLNA> Transferred Ar noSurge progress to Ciel noSurge.
<CLYL>There were no new items transferrable from Ciel noSurge.<CLNA>
You can only transfer 1 of each Plugin category item from Ciel noSurge per save data.
<CLYL>World Link failed.<CLNA> You require data from PlayStation<RG> Vita software "Ciel noSurge".

GP Fusion
GP Fusion allows the conversion of GP earned from the official website into experience and other things. Begin GP Fusion?
<CLEG>Obtained GP data.<CLNA>
<CLYL>Could not obtain GP data.<CLNA>
<CLEG>GP transfer complete!<CLNA>

Genomi-Link
Genomi-Link accesses the network to transfer data from compatible titles.
World Link<CR>Receive items crafted in the game Ciel noSurge. You can only receive 1 of each type of item.
GP Fusion<CR>Convert GP into bonuses. By distributing points you've earned, you can gain double EXP, DP, and/or CT after battles.
Ranking<CR>Combat record rankings for fighting certain enemies, uploaded onto the network.

Aside from unlocking a bonus boss and being able to transfer some items, a few things here and there throughout the game change if you World Link with a copy of Ciel noSurge, because, as has been correctly guessed:

Omobono posted:

On the other hand, I hope Earthes ends up being Ciel's player and he gets pulled here by the Ciel_Nosurge song. It'd be delicious irony for Zill to shoot herself in the foot so thoroughly.
Do note that if you don't World Link, so for all English playthroughs of the game, Earthes is actually canonically not the Ciel noSurge player. It's kinda weird that way.

It's kinda hard to tell which lines are actually changed, and it's a bit confusing to read because player choices (which includes all of Earthes' dialogue, as Feinne noted!) are not actually stored together with the rest of the cutscene text, but have a glimpse of that first Ion scene we just saw from the game script.

quote:

[???] Oh! You are there!
[???] Say something else!
[???] Oh wow, you really are there!
[???] That's a relief... I thought I'd really messed up something for a minute there.
[???] Hey, can I ask you something?
[???] Are you the same person as...before?
[Ion] Then you really are... I'm glad we could meet again. I missed you.
[Ion] Thanks for coming back. With you here, I feel like everything's going to turn out okay.
[Ion] Oh, right. I made sure you can move around this time. Now we can go places together!
[Ion] Also...
[???] Oh...sorry. It's nothing.
[???] You're you, after all.
[Ion] Nice to meet you. My name is Ionasal kkll Preciel. Please call me Ion.
[Ion] There's something I need your help with.
[Ion] It's nice to meet you. My name is Ionasal kkll Preciel.
[Ion] I built you myself. Can you move? Can you see?

[...]

[Ion] About getting out of here, though... I don't actually have any ideas.
[Ion] Oh, um, by "here" I don't mean this house, I mean this world.
[Ion] I'm thinking I should go talk to Nelico first.
[Ion] Oh! That means this is going to be your first time going outside!
[Ion] He he, right?
[Ion] I wanted to bring you along before, but...stuff happened and I didn't have any time until now.
[Ion] I've been looking forward to this for a long time. I'm so glad it's finally happening!
[Ion] Really...? Well that's a little disappointing...
[Ion] I was so excited about it...
[Ion] Well, even if you're not excited about going outside, I'm still happy you want to help!
[Ion] S-Sorry, I've just been here by myself for so long, there's a lot I don't know...
[Ion] But there's somebody named Nelico nearby who runs a store.
[Ion] I was thinking I would start by asking her about all this. Would you mind coming with me?
[Ion] Her store isn't that far away.
[Ion] Alright, let's get going.

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Apr 27, 2015

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Yes, that probably would actually work, but it requires messing around with the save files in unintended ways as they are not cross-region compatible by themselves. As far as I can tell all the actual content is still there, just the way to access it has been removed.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

It doesn't help that Feinne is not pulling up the Glossary entries for all the highlighted terms.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Clarste posted:

So the fact that Ion is friends with the Prime Minister of Felion in her mind probably doesn't mean anything.

This would be even more obvious if Feinne didn't skip the rest of that scene by buying a vacuum tube.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Yep.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

That article has a pretty bad spoiler in it, you might want to remove that link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

^ Tales games have full dubs since Vesperia.

I feel like this is a good point to remind everyone that all the choices you can pick are in a big blob somewhere completely unrelated to the scene they're in. So whoever translated them had zero context on where they would actually show up.

• Locked thread