Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Aww yeah, here we go, it finally begins. Good luck Feinne.

I do disagree on the Ciel Nosurge stuff not being necessary though. There's just so much poo poo in it that this game calls back to, and stuff like basic character motivations or actions sometimes just don't make any sense without it. It's a cool idea, doing the multiple game thing across systems, but making the one that sets everything up basically impossible to port over is kind of dumb, even by Gust standards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Oh, yeah, totally. I actually forgot about all the dumb babysitting stuff and just remembered the actual plot of the game. That just makes it worse.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

FrickenMoron posted:

I can do that for you, I played through the game with the JP dub. The most annoying thing is the heroines CONSTANTLY spout things during battle, im pretty sure thats not the case with the english dub. The field chat is also silent in the dubbed version.

Oh no, everyone's very mouthy in battle in the US version too.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

When I got to that scene, I straight up had to put the game down for a few minutes and go and do something else. It was just too stupid that I couldn't help from laughing at it. I don't even begrudge it for it, but it's just so dumb.

BlitzBlast posted:

Definitely better than AT3, though admittedly that is not a particularly high bar to clear.

Anything is better than AT3. I dunno though, I'd put this about on par with AT1, and just a bit below AT2. Nothing I can really say I hated about it, and there's quite a bit I liked.

Also, Option B

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Feinne posted:

I'd OG it and suggest the Kanade but Raki is the most recognizable of the bosses that gets stronger every time you fight them, so let's go with her.

If you don't finish the glass in three seconds though, you have to drink a tall glass of everclear.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

This is the part where I finally got into and really started liking the plot. The game coming straight out with it and addressing you was a pretty great bit.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Icedude posted:

I have no idea what the other two are because I only really had Jacqli and Cloche in my party

No sane person ever put Luca in their party. Not willingly at least. Not after the scene.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Feinne posted:

You might think poo poo has previously gotten crazy but I assure you, the next update is in fact where poo poo gets C R A Z Y.

It shouldn't actually be that long so I can probably promise tomorrow, we've got CLASS::DISTLLISTA and a bit of a surprise.

Is it that time already? Hoo boy.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Feinne posted:

It's a loving lot, I've also been trying to keep their mentions of the ship's name even remotely consistent.

So there are some fans of this series who are really serious about things being precisely correct and get really huffy about poo poo not being localized right, and even they seem totally fine with spelling Reyvateil with a 'y' because that's definitely how it's pronounced in English.

I know why they did it because I think that's a direct literal transliteration of the word but unlike NISA they don't seem to always get the actual intent of this poo poo. Like the ship is DEFINITELY the Soleil and not the "Soreil", because one of those is an actual word that means and implies things and is of a language they've stolen from before.

It's kind of funny that you bring up the Soreil/Soleil and fans getting huffy about proper wording together in the same post. After all, this is the series where people freaked out about Cloche's name, and insist on calling her Croche. Because again, one of these is an actual word and stuff.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Tarezax posted:

I have an "undub" version of AT2 on my computer, which is quite nice because NISA cut out a bunch of JP audio in the localization. Miyuki Sawashiro and Ami Koshimizu are both so great in the lead roles.

Is that the same one where they also randomly 'un-translated' a bunch of stuff for no good reason?

And dammit Feinne, you're making me want to go back to AT2 too but I've got so much stuff to do, I can't find the time. :negative:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Tarezax posted:

AFAIK no, they just switched out the audio tracks for the JP version's. For example the クローシェ様~! untranslated bit is preserved.

Huh, okay, cool. I know there was one floating around where they made some sensible retranslation choices (offhand lore poo poo), some dumb ones (honorifics, etc), and some really retarded ones (Croche, whatever the fan translation for Jacqli is this week).

I really like the VA cast too much though, faults and all. :downs:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I always thought the lowest priority stuff was the IPD stuff because god drat, did some of the stuff in that not make sense even at its best.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Nobody answered spear so: That was the weapon of Aurica's bodyguard knight dude, wasn't it? The guy so inconsequential I can't even motivate myself to look up his name.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Talking about least favorite vanguards is funny, because for me, it's strictly Amarie and Radolf that I don't like. Cocona barely gets edged out because of a great showing in AT3.

Though, what are folks' favorite (non-main character) vanguards? Personally, Leglius and Krusche rarely if ever left my party in their games.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Omobono posted:

:psyduck:
She doesn't have that many focus moments in 2, but during the HIBERNATION debacle she was a trooper.

I have a inherent dislike of kid characters in games, and Cocona never really won me over, even at her best, for me it was usually "I'm not actively disliking you at this moment". Maybe I'd like her more on a replay nowadays, but having Leglius or blue wolf buddy along was usually preferable to me.

Huh, I never used her that much, so that's pretty neat. And yeah, Cocona is great to play as in 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Super Jay Mann posted:

Cocona's EX skill in AT2 is turning her hair ornaments into a giant lightsaber and slicing the hell out of monsters until they explode.

I rest my case.

But that's not a million murder yo-yos causing explosions or teleporting enemies into your own personal clone dimension to be torn apart by angry spinning blue wolves. :colbert:

• Locked thread