Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Do other cities and dungeons stay within PLACE: Orei?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

A halter top.

Actually, I think that's his apron.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

The whole entire Tsun/Dere war thing was completely cringe-worthy to read, but like always there's hidden depths to these things. Reason why I read these things anyway. Thankful that this blows away earlier than later.

Edit: Oh loving damnit I just remembered what that event still that costed 7k was. And I didn't even play the game!

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Hmm, just discovered that there was a indie/doujin Hymmnos soundtrack. It goes by "PARADIGM SHIFT ~cenjue innna, cenjue ciel~".

One of their songs.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Icedude posted:

Oh boy, Genometrics. Let's take Cosmospheres, but make them even more complicated and with added backtracking if you want everything! Didn't help on my first playthrough that I suck at cosmosphere stuff, and the only guide for these was half translated, missing some levels and sometimes just flat out wrong. :shepicide: At least they let you go back to do previous scenes over again if you screw up. But yeah, this is the weakest level in the game, so it was nice of them to get it out of the way early for us.

And back on outfit chat, I really have no idea what they were going for with the orange part with flappy things on Delta's outfit, or the evidently denim vest he's wearing under it:

I know there's a few that are on the third CD of the OST instead as they don't have lyrics, but I can't remember if they actually left any out or not.

Oh, and voting

Huh, so like Tidus he has asymmetrical pants, but unlike him, they make sense. They're made of duck tape, dude's a combatant, and dude used to be in cold sleep so he doesn't even bother to get a new pair. He also has a bit of duck tape bindings for whatever protection it yields I guess.

Also: Halter, Apron, Top.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Wow, that's definitely reaching back a bit.

After looking into the grammar and the hymmnos dictionary because I'm a total tool and remembered that I wanted to learn the language from years back. I wager that "Was yea ra chs hymmnos mea, en chs fwal fwal yor." means "I will gladly continue to sing, to be come your wings."

A few songs use "Was yea ra chs hymmnos mea", which is kind of throwing me off.

Edit: VVVV Ah that's probably it. Should definitely reread those LPs at some point.
Edit2: 2nd guessing at every turn, that's definitely a tough one. I honestly don't distinctly remember any characters saying that in anything outside of songs.
Edit3: Now that I think about it, it's probably a phrase used by Lyner when he was at a tower door inputting a password that was in hymnnos.

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Apr 13, 2015

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

http://hymmnoserver.uguu.ca/index.php

Boop, here's the lexicon.

http://conlang.wikia.com/wiki/Hymmnos

Here's how the grammar work.

Did you know that the 3 towers of different grammar structures?

Have fun finding out which is Core Ciel, Metafalss, and Clustanian.

(of course I'm wrong and lying about this)

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Apr 13, 2015

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Computer language as songs!

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

I have made a thing. It is a simple thing. It is a lovely thing. And it will probably in my trash bin soon, but it is a thing.
Planning to make a background using the OS icon that was posted earlier in the thread. Got a WIP but I don't know what to make of it.

Edit: Suggest to me better song lyrics to replace and flood the screen with. I might actually make it look decent next time.

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Apr 13, 2015

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Ah, I love being desensitized to this stuff. Makes seeing comments from those who aren't all the more better.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Kurieg posted:

"And they get stronger the fewer clothes they're wearing."

Literally the only thing that's completely pointless to bring up since it that only happens in one tower.

Also not factoring in that the women who are genetically built for that purpose are merged into the gene pool so it becomes not uncommon to see that sort of thing in the universe.

Actually it would be better to say that half of the women on the planet are linked up to giant mainframes and databases genetically.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Kurieg posted:

I can't tell if you're agreeing with me or admonishing me.

I didn't bring up Diving because Diving just sort of feels creepy but I can't really put into words why. It is usually peak :japan: though.

"And then you have to lay on a bed and have to dive into them to make them feel better!"
"What, no gently caress this"

But seriously, I agree with a lot of the things you say but the strip mechanic is only to attributed to AT3 and you're ignoring that the magic slinging songtresses are born naturally.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Question about "thought gems"...
  • So...how does that work?
  • Like, with a knife, or do you hammer them in?

I think they're just shoved right into you, blood and all. Like, jam that sucker into a body part until something either clicks or cracks.

Don't mind the blood, that's what the water is there for!

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

I will miss this person I have not heard of until now.

Also trying so hard to remember which tracks she was in.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

The only time I'm not facepalming at Compa. Although I guess Ion will bring her own facepalm worthy moments, all things considered.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

I just noticed that Earthes has two thumbs on each hand.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Oh, I thought that singer surrogate answer was, well, a singer surrogate. Not actually the VA who actually sung their song.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Feinne posted:

Yeah sorry if that wasn't clear, I'm actually willing to take your answer because it's my bad for not being really clear I was asking who was actually singing when Misha was singing.

Here's some bonus trivia with a preview of one of the question types:

Here is a line from a Hymmnos. Which one? Any X is a reference to the song name itself.

Wee ki ra chs X en grandee sos dius yor

All the real OGs know exactly which one this is of course.

Didn't really answer that question because of how much it confused me.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Just mod these into Don't Starve.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

LAAAAAAAAAAASERS

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Something made out of placenta, radioactive hotsprings (holy poo poo they're real), and an aphrodisiac, and something normal. This kid's on a road of being one hell of a psychotic pharmacist.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Like that's hard at all. Since pretty much everything does.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

A super boss that's a direct link to Ciel Nosurge. In addition to it being connected to online play similar to Dragon's Dogma Ur Dragon.

Think about it for a second.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

I want to but no money.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Opiomorphone posted:

Do they ever explain why Delta is almost fully clothed going into the hot tub thing and Cass looks like she just found a couple of pieces of waterproof sellotape.

This is honestly a question that's you should already know the answer to when consuming japanese games. Also, this is a dumb thing to spoiler out.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

This fanart continues to be appropriate in every situation.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

So to no one's surprise, you can do stuff in the purification area with the Vita's touchscreen. However, it's seldom to touching highlighted areas (if you have the cursor on the arm, you can only touch there). You can also move the camera around (which I discovered when I kept touching the screen on accident, it zoomed in on Delta's crotch). And finally they have unique actions and lines when you touch those areas on either of the characters. Delta pumps his fist when you highlight and touch his arm, Casty kicks you as one of her foot actions. You can also double tap the slots you can put the crystals in to highlight them.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Okay, Earthes's actions when doing purification ceremony is pretty great.

He does a small jig when you tap his foot.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Not really there yet but I'm guessing that Interdimend hasn't been fully removed from Delta and Nelo and Prim are just loving with the core which is causing the system message to pop up randomly.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Probably because all of the people responsible to do so are either dead or asleep.

Also you should've at least done a LOGOUT at least once for fun things.

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jul 15, 2015

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Feinne posted:

Speaking of Side Blue, whose side actually IS that anyway (as in which of the principle performers is always on Side Blue)?

By logical extension, which of our heroines is on Ar Nosurge Side Blue?

For Side Blue Characters they would be, in release order: Misya, Cloche, Finnel, and Ion.
With Side Red Characters being: Aurica, Luca, Saki, and Casty.

Actually finished the game last night and went into the EXTRAS at the main menu. Totally glad that they had the Synthesis dances in it and that the model viewer involved the crafting characters dancing as their animation. Was wondering where they were keeping all of the post-synthesis/purification conversations.

Edit:Huh, was wrong on Finnel's and Saki's sides. Goes to show how much I care about AT3

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jul 18, 2015

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

"...something I'm not going to let her keep down."

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Marginally less so than Ion honestly.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Yeah I was wondering "I don't remember the tower being that small" when I went through this part.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Actually tempted to post some screenshots I took during my playthrough on the vita version. Non-spoilerly of course. One of my screenshots also include what one of the other options was during the Delta meltdown scene at the end of phase 2.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Kay. It's mostly just me screwing around with Earthes in the bath and making him dance a whole lot.

The Shurelia outfit for Earthes still freaks me out. And I don't know why I have a screenshot of the concept art of the Prime Minister.

I would have more screenshots of the end of Phase 2 but the idea came to me right in the middle of the dialog between the player and Delta.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Feinne posted:

Is that bonus costume you mentioned something you get through game progress or did I miss a DLC or something, I must confess I took a break from plus because I'm literally already playing ar nosurge right now.

Bonus costume from finishing the game. Also don't have a screenshot of the bonus boss (which you can probably guess what it is).

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Aug 23, 2015

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Glazius posted:

Hmm. So with pretty much everybody BUT Prim all rolled into the Maternal Overseer, what is Prim's "player" objective right now?

Being a massive prick.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Feinne posted:

Ion you mean? It's Ee-yon, short for Ee-yon-ah-sahl.

There's also a Nyarko-chan with an eldritch dating sim game as I recall.

Ian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Well that looks familar.

• Locked thread