Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elric
Mar 31, 2011

Kurieg posted:

It's a good thing that most of those rear end in a top hat scientists were compressed into a black hole for their crimes, yet somehow Zill survived and is making up for their absence in spades.

They just transferred their dickishness to her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elric
Mar 31, 2011

Does the 5000 years matter much to the plot? Because as is, you could cut it without much trouble.

Because I find it very hard to believe someone who has been alive for 5000 straight years would be anything like what they used to be. I mean holy poo poo. That is a loving long time.

Elric
Mar 31, 2011

You would think that after the poo poo she pulled last game, Kanon would know that any side that Zill agrees with is the wrong one.

Elric
Mar 31, 2011

If Kanon has not been brainwashed, I have to call her too dumb to live. I mean really. Trusting Zill?

Elric
Mar 31, 2011

Seriously? loving seriously? Hide and go seek? With someone who has tried to murder everyone several times.

Elric
Mar 31, 2011

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Except that the game seemed to have been saying that it was switched over to meat-fuel specifically because Zill/Nelo needed more power.

Oh whatever...

By the way, what is your Avatar a reference to?

Elric
Mar 31, 2011

FrantzX posted:

So...

No one noticed that the engines of the colony ship weren't on for 5000 years?
People here can be pretty dumb.

Elric
Mar 31, 2011

So what % of the problems in the plot so far would have been fixed by killing Prim?

Elric
Mar 31, 2011

You mean really good if they got captured again. Because honestly, I cannot feel too sad about whatever happens to them.

Elric
Mar 31, 2011

Argas posted:

It's kind of funny how these games emphasize the power of friendship because off-screen the only reason they couldn't weaponize the power of friendship and conquer the world is because the bad guys can't understand it.

A game where the villains weaponize the power of friendship and love would be amazing.

Elric
Mar 31, 2011

Super Jay Mann posted:

We just had a short aside about how the engineers for Ar Tonelico and the Song Server evidently had no concept of security or disaster planning for their large and complex systems, what makes you think they would have bothered with an environmental impact study?

Seems like the prevailing logic of people on Ar Ciel is "Can we do it?" "Yes" "Do it"

Indeed. Create a superpowerful little girl, then abuse her. What could go wrong?

Elric
Mar 31, 2011

What are the details of Sol Cluster that make you think that?
I mean, Sol Ciel were total dicks.

Elric
Mar 31, 2011

Feinne posted:

Well a guy from there intentionally sabotaged the effort to revive the planet so thoroughly that the only person who could execute said effort cut off their memory of everything connected to it rather than recall what happened.

And frankly it was by far the biggest poo poo-show of the three regions in the present day and that to me says something.

One guy isn't the best sample of an entire society.

Sol Ciel was pretty drat hosed up during Mir's era.

I don't think there is enough data to tell whether Sol Cluster was horrible.

Elric
Mar 31, 2011

Why don't they just kick Prim's rear end?

Elric
Mar 31, 2011

FractalSandwich posted:

That sounds like a much more interesting game than this one.

Agreed.

Elric
Mar 31, 2011

Feinne posted:

Oh sorry I'm talking about 5's DLC. He joins Adell and Rozalin for a super strong trio of maps.

Like I'm not going to say I'd never LP it because it's not outside the realm of possibility but of it, DD2, and 5 I definitely prefer the latter 2. And if I were at the point of psyching myself up for an NIS sprg that I'm somewhat less enthused about it'd probably be the long-awaited Phantom Brave LP (no I'm not LPing Phantom Brave next but for entirely different reasons).

Actually gently caress it here are the twofold reasons for why Phantom Brave will require like strange aeons the stars are right poo poo:

1) It is extremely depressing for like 90% of the plot. The last bit is awesome but god drat does it punch you in the gut on the way there.

2) Phantom Brave is something really special and will require a lot of work to show off the way I'd want to.

So yes no Microsoft Excel Presents: Little Girl Anguish Simulator in the near future.
Nothing in the world had me wishing for a Demon Path more than Phantom Brave.

Elric
Mar 31, 2011

Omobono posted:

I cleared chapter 1. Walnut happened :argh:.
Even knowing it eventually gets better, Little Girl Anguish Simulator beat me.
Seriously, gently caress that guy. With a rake.

Elric
Mar 31, 2011

Feinne posted:

No that's the real worst part about Walnut, he's doing all that bad poo poo while convincing himself he's still in the right because of what he's doing with the money.

He's a good guy who, through a gradual chain of increasingly terrible choices, eventually finds himself constantly doing awful things and not even really recognizing they're such until their results literally threaten the world.

Pretty much. Hell, if Marona had been even slightly less heroic, even his little sister would have died from monster attacks, rendering even the reason he was so awful meaningless.

Elric
Mar 31, 2011

Mir has an adorable mental voice.

Elric
Mar 31, 2011

It must really suck to hate singing in that universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elric
Mar 31, 2011

Why is Spica one of the worst people without context?

Mir I can get. She did kinda flip out and kill millions. But remind me what Spica did?

• Locked thread