Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Icedude posted:

And back on outfit chat, I really have no idea what they were going for with the orange part with flappy things on Delta's outfit, or the evidently denim vest he's wearing under it:

Squid? I know the Japanese sure do love their octopi. Maybe just Tentacles?

Actually, it might be a lion skin (4 "legs" and they have kind a "paw" look to them at the ends). Still doesn't explain the smock/apron thing, though I'm just more convinced that GUST doesn't know how clothes are supposed to work. I think Ar Tonelico 2 had some ridiculous floating armor that managed to defy physics and STILL be practically useless in real combat.

DOOP posted:

I have no idea what I just read

:japan:

Think of them as JRPGs with a dating-sim element. All your partners are female mages and in order to level them up, you need to solve their mental baggage and endure cringe-inducing fan service scenes that go through all the typical Japanese anime cliches. During this part of the game while you question your sanity, you might notice some hints of the main plot creeping in, so if something doesn't make sense in the immediate context, think about it in terms of what's going on outside.

The interesting part of this is after a few of these scenes, you begin to figure out what it is that makes these women into such broken individuals and you begin to have second thoughts about giving them access to nukes..

mastersord fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Apr 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
Speaking of clothes, I think I figured out Delta's weird Apron thing. He was a restaurant cook before running off to help everyone, right? Maybe he just never took off his apron or he wears it around to remind everyone he's still a cook?

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

AstraSage posted:

REON is kinda more Query-based, but it does rely in a bit of class definition to represent a sentence subject besides the singer.

Can you actually program in this game or is this just based on dialogue and side-materials? Cause if you could, that would be REALLY interesting.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
Besides the scripted battles and boss fights, is there anything interesting about the random battles in this game? Any notable chests or anything? It feels like all I'm seeing is the cut-scenes and boss fights. I have no idea if you're playing casually or grinding heavily until i see your DP counter. It's hard to really get a feel for this game except as a hybrid dating sim.

I will agree that without the context of the first game, some of the characters seem rather stale and "missing something".

Kanon just seems like a cold puppet with some vague hints of deeper psychoses. You get a little more of her in her dives than you do in her actual scenes.

Ion seems like a naive, idealized anime girl. Her personality consists of "I just want everyone to get along and be happy otherwise I'm gonna be sad"

Cass is generic anime heroine and Delta is generic anime male protagonist who's already past the "developing anime boy" phase and now has no where left for his character to develop. If the two of them elope off-screen and I never see any more of their scenes for the rest of the game, I could care less.

Nay comes off as a bit immature and this game has not made her mature at all throughout it's events.

Zill could be evil, manipulated, or a double agent. I cannot get a read on her other than being a plot road-block as she spews church doctrine and sets in motion magic that destroys the ship.

Sarly could be another NPC if she didn't have purple hair and dives.

Prim/Prime might as well be a mascot.

The Sharl are supposed to be soul-less puppets but they seem to have more personality and emotion than most of the human NPCs in the game. It's also a bit disconcerting that they're all fairies.

In summary, I'm just not sold on this game at all. I'd watch all the cut-scenes and then walk away for the most part. Maybe I'd listen to the sound-track if I were into the music but it's not really for me.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

DOOP posted:

Create the most out-of-context caption for this image

"..one of those creepy fan-fics I've heard about, isn't it?"

"..ro..hyp..nol..?"

mastersord fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jul 23, 2015

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

DOOP posted:

Create the most out-of-context caption for this image
"This is.."

"..SPARTAAAA!!"

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Lunar Suite posted:

Anyway, considering Ion's role as the player's computer waifu and their forays into transdimensional.... 'relationships', I'm keeping a wary eye out. I know how these things end.

Is that a Molex..chan-thing?

• Locked thread