Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Auraboks
Mar 24, 2013

...huh?
This loving game. I wanted to like it, I really did, but it just kept doing things wrong! The lack of pants is just the beginning. Qoga might have had me slam my head against the wall a few times because of all the :japan:, but Nosurge made me hate myself for playing it.

At least the music is still awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Auraboks
Mar 24, 2013

...huh?
The synthesis scenes are actually one of my biggest beefs with this game. They're not super awful or anything, but there's way too many, they're way too long, and worst of all, most aren't funny. We get it, Nay is bad at cooking. Now can we- oh, look, she made an electric cucumber for you to stick on your sword. How hilarious.

If someone had just taken a hatchet to the script and made these half as long (or half as frequent, or both) the game would be much improved. Still bad, but improved.

Auraboks
Mar 24, 2013

...huh?
None of it is gibberish, which is pretty cool. It has more in common with natural language than actual code, though.

XeEX[etr] ; basically means "access denied". EX[etrbl] ; means "access granted".

Auraboks
Mar 24, 2013

...huh?

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I'll sidestep the argument about how hella dumb it is, but if the 7th dimension is "our real world", What are the 5th and 6th dimensions?

The fifth dimensional axis is the axis of possibility. Timelines where different choices were made are located at different points on this axis.

The sixth dimensional axis is consciousness. Essentially, movement across the sixth axis is changing your soul: what you think, feel, or remember.

They're kind of intertwined, since doing different things generally means feeling different things and vice versa.

• Locked thread