Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I honestly think it's just the lighting. Being that white means that it'd have some changes in colour depending on light.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

MonsterEnvy posted:

Now I am confused about the Prim and Prime thing.

I'm confused as to why Delta doesn't point it out. Two people who look the same, have nearly the same name but act entirely differently, both apparently born from Delta and Cass' minds. Delta, the only one aware of the existance of both, at no point says anything about it. You'd think he would at least react to Prim when he meets her first, or ask Prime about it after, but nope.

Hell, I seriously thought he didn't recognise Nay on this update. He acted as if he had no idea who she was, then called her by name randomly. I guess he realized that he had another "Sergeant Catty" on his hands, but it could've been made a lot clearer by just having Delta give it one line, like "This person looks like Nay, but this is Genometrics so it's likely not her, just like how Catty was not Sarly".

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

cokerpilot posted:

I may have missed this but will the player character of Ciel Nosurge come up in any specific fashion?

You did miss it. If the game is connected to Ciel Nosurge, then Earthes will be the player character of Ciel Nosurge.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

My main problem with Casty/Cass is that Casty sounds like a nickname. Like I could totally see it backwards, her real name being Cass and her nickname being Casty. It's not like the rest where they have really stupidly long and weird names and their nicknames make sense.

I can't blame anyone for calling Ion and Kanon by their nicknames, that's for sure. And Zill is so bad even the script gets it wrong!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This game's graphics keep impressing me. In all the wrong ways, that is. Between certain characters always resetting to :downs: (Cass, Ion, Prim), making it really hard to take scenes seriously with them, and now this guy whose beard keeps clipping through his body, it makes me honestly wonder if Gust knew this was a PS3 game, because at least the first issue makes no goddamn sense.

Beyond that, holy poo poo Cosal looks badass. I'd follow a king like that. Too bad he's apparently a jerk.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I really want to see where the Ion/Nay chain is going considering their issues, so I'll vote Ion.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Why did Ion suddenly start calling Kanon "Miss" on the DLC part? Is it just this game's bad translation, with Ion calling her "Kanon-san" in the Japanese version or something to that extent?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It's pretty obvious that this is Nelo's dive, considering how Zill/Ion's situation seems to be a literal copy of Nelo's own situation with Zill, with Cass as Prim. That said, I'm not too sure if Delta should trust Nelo so easily...then again, this is kind of a dystopic world and clearly Cass shouldn't lose her light, so maybe it's not that bad of an idea.

In any case the first screen romanizing Nelo's name as "Nero" despite using Nelo every other time shows translation quality alright.

Also Neptunia Re:birth 1 & 2 are on sale on Steam (70%, with the DLC at 71%), so if anyone wanted to follow Feinne's steps into anime-dom, now's your chance. I bought the first (not the second because there's only so much money I'm willing to use at a time, and between Smash's DLC and this it's gone way beyond it), and I fully blame Feinne for it.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I just imagine Cass face-palming so hard at that last conversation there. Delta and Tattoria make quite the team. I'd love to see that scene beyond VN style, just both of them grinning and laughing as if they told the best joke ever with an increasingly embarassed Cass in the background.

Also Kanon seems to want to do stuff which is always good, especially since Zill has definitely hosed things up quite a bit more than expected. "Everyone will die"-level hosed, in fact!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

MarsDragon posted:

Huh. I figured they would've gone back and gotten Nay. But that would require an extra character in battle, so I suppose not.

Getting Nay wouldn't accomplish anything though. She's a Genomis like Cass, so having her would be the same as having Cass.

Also Cosal's existance is proof that the Genom being exterminated was a good thing, because if they allowed this rear end in a top hat to lead them, then I fail to believe the whole pure-soul race thing.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I love Tattoria's sheer passion for reading. That's the kind of feeling I can emphatise with, just enjoying the hell out of books. Going as far as imagining your own stories is beyond what I usually would do though, but that actually sounds like a lot of fun, maybe I'll try it too.

Also my god I hope Felie survives, that was a sudden hit of sadness after how funny the previous things were.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It's incredible how chilling the fact that Delta gets dialogue choices is. He's so far gone that the player can now control what he says. It's a really neat gameplay/story integration thing, I think. Not sure how it'd feel actually playing it, but it sure feels that way reading it.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

legoman727 posted:

Delta, Cass, your kid is a loving sociopath. Though I guess this is to be expected considering that Zill and Nelo basically raised her and experimented on her for years.

I also wasn't expecting Cosal to actually be reasonable, let alone save Cass and Delta at the end.

Yeah seriously. The moment Cosal appeared, I fully expected things to get much worse, with Cosal agreeing to just kill Delta and Cass there no matter what. It was a very nice surprise to see that he actually has some common sense and a sense of fairness.

That said Earthes' death was sad as hell even when you remember that that's just a shell and the person controlling him is still perfectly fine. And the Delta moment could've been done far better, if the person controlling Delta is meant to be the player (and it clearly is), then at least give some options that don't make him or her sound like a total sociopath. Just "I'm sorry, but there's something far bigger going on!" would've done a gigantic difference, instead of "NO I'M THE ONE CONTROLLING YOU!". Make the player sound like someone who has no other option but to do what they are (which is true, because otherwise you can't play), instead of an rear end in a top hat who's doing this for fun and doesn't give a poo poo about manipulating others (which is...true as well, of course, but no player wants to be told that). Plus at this point the player knows what's going on on the other side, so it makes total sense that they'd want to keep hold of Delta, after all, they lost the other possible entry point.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Man, that scene between Delta and Cass on the Interdimend thing is actually sad. They went through so much to get it off Delta, and now they're forced to take it back. It was pretty predictable, but it still works pretty well. That Cass is not being terribly tsundere helps a lot, too.

And Prim being under Interdimend answers so much. Like why she suddenly grew a brain.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

FractalSandwich posted:

I may or may not have listened to Lxa ti-cia like 50 times over the past couple of days, and there's something about it that's been driving me crazy: there are bits of it that certainly sound very much like real Japanese words, but I can't make out any full phrases, and a lot of it is definitely not Japanese at all. What's going on? Is it only mostly written in Hymmnos, or is it written entirely in Hymmnos and my ears are playing tricks on me?

It's only mostly written in Hymnos. There's actual Japanese in it, your ears work fine.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Goddammit Shurelia, no! This was bad when you did it (will do it?) with Lyner and it is just as bad here! Stop going after men that already have girlfirends!

Also for god's sake Ion you'll take someone's eye's out with that. Who decided those wings were a good idea, they even LOOK sharp!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I completely forgot Ion's side existed until now, wow. And Delta/Cass still keep weird tension in spite of both confessing multiple times, and being clearly aware of what the other feels, because...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This version of Cass has a seriously bad speech tic, every single line she had in this chapter started with "Well".

At least it seems that things will go well for Nei, she has a lot of support. Can't wait to see it crumble.

• Locked thread