Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
So its looking like WiiU Premium with NSMB, NSL, + Mario3d World will set me back £259. This is not bad at all!

How much do games on the eshop usually cost? I heard about the two NES Remix games and they sound fantastic!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

VideoGames posted:

So its looking like WiiU Premium with NSMB, NSL, + Mario3d World will set me back £259. This is not bad at all!

How much do games on the eshop usually cost? I heard about the two NES Remix games and they sound fantastic!

The NES Remix ones I think is both for 30 dollars.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

DK64 is another great game. Good idea, friends.
no it isn't

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
not to hijack ur thread videogames (congrats preemptively btw) but im thinking of getting hyrule warriors later today despite never playing any zeldas or warriors games before it just looks fun

so should i

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Mung Dynasty posted:

not to hijack ur thread videogames (congrats preemptively btw) but im thinking of getting hyrule warriors later today despite never playing any zeldas or warriors games before it just looks fun

so should i

You can play as Tingle

Hell yes you should

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mung Dynasty posted:

so should i
Rent it first and see if you like it.

Dec 26, 2012

how have you never played a zelda before

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

ok thats not entirely true i played several hours of twilight princess

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mung Dynasty posted:

ok thats not entirely true i played several hours of twilight princess
Oh, so you played the tutorial section of Twilight Princess.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Mung Dynasty posted:

so should i

Not a high jack at all! I myself have only played the legend of zelda on an emulator and no other zeldas ever. This will be my first zelda really!

The NES was the last Nintendo console I owned. But I loved it to bits. The first game I ever completed was mario bros 3. I have missed those bros

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Oh, so you played the tutorial section of Twilight Princess.

drat

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Mung Dynasty posted:

so should i

have you played dynasty warriors before? it's a very hard but very good dynasty warriors game with zelda flavor. if that might be your thing, i'd suggest giving it a try.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hyrule Warriors has the spiciest Impa yet.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Why is Wii U day the day before MGS2 day?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I modded Wii U control icons into Ground Zeroes for playing with my Wii U Pro Controller. Pretty epic.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Wormskull posted:

I modded Wii U control icons into Ground Zeroes for playing with my Wii U Pro Controller. Pretty epic.

That's some win

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
God loving drat i am so excited this is two weeks away. i have an amazon shopping basket with currently inside:

Wiiu Premium black console (NSMB NSLB)
Pro Controller
Mario3d World
Nintendoland
Bayonetta Double Pack
-----------------
£320

next up when these games are played will be

Donkey Kong
I want to get a Zelda but not sure which.
Metroid Prime Trilogy (heard great things and p. excited)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

yeah i know. if i was in the US still id be laughing my butt off with a refurbished unit for much less

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

have you played dynasty warriors before? it's a very hard but very good dynasty warriors game with zelda flavor. if that might be your thing, i'd suggest giving it a try.

i have not played warriors before but ended up buying this wii u game and have enjoyed it so far its fun + i like the music

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

now that they're done with the DLC packs, the next one is going to be enabling online play with a friend. My uncle works in the Seattle office and he told me so in my dreams where Hyrule Warriors becomes even better

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
ho,y gently caress, the original snes donkey kongs are on virtual console. i need to buy the poo poo out of those.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
nintendo products bought today: wii u gamecube controller adaptor, new gamecube controller, americas test kitchen ds software

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

americas test kitchen ds software
Oh my god. Oh my god.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Oh my god. Oh my god.

it was 99 cents

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

it was 99 cents
Everything about this makes me happy.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

nintendo products bought today: wii u gamecube controller adaptor, new gamecube controller, americas test kitchen ds software

Noice. I bought earthbound with nintendo coins and will probably never play it. I did boot up Mario Kart 8 last night to do some laps of 150cc Mute City in preparation of 200cc, so I have a fresh reference point

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Noice. I bought earthbound with nintendo coins and will probably never play it. I did boot up Mario Kart 8 last night to do some laps of 150cc Mute City in preparation of 200cc, so I have a fresh reference point

i realized the other day i never got gold on mirror grand prix on the old dlc courses so i did the first one and ill do the 2nd one this week

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i realized the other day i never got gold on mirror grand prix on the old dlc courses so i did the first one and ill do the 2nd one this week

Nice. I never really did much of the Grand Prix tbh. I just wanted to unlock rosalina and then I just played online exclusively since

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

just remembered tghat the op has about 10000 posts in the crazy person xbox one hate thread

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

elf help book posted:

just remembered tghat the op has about 10000 posts in the crazy person xbox one hate thread

yeah but i dont hate people buying an xbox. people should game with their friends :>

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

VideoGames posted:

yeah but i dont hate people buying an xbox. people should game with their friends :>

Ah, absolved then.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
just a week and a day away, op

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i am very excited indeed! thinking of maybe dropping wind waker or the bayonetta double pack from this month due to the price (both still really expensive) and getting them at the end of may and switching it up to NSMB, Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 and Donkey Kong country returns.

its tough. there are so many great games i want to play all at once.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I can't buy a Wii U myself so I'm vicariously living through OP. You better post unboxing pics! Wind Waker probably won't drop in price but I'm playing it on Gamecube and watching a Let's Play of the HD version on Youtube and I recommend it.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i will post pics.

im really excited to own a wiiu. the mario games ive missed alone will be worth the price.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

mario is fun

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
im ridiculously excited for mario maker.

ive spent hours loving around with SMBX on my pc making mario levels/worlds (i was the SMB4 poster) but having an official mario making game is p. much the entire reason i ever wanted a wiiu in the first place.

can you play any game on the gamepad away from the TV or only certain ones? if its the former then :omg:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

most games work like that but some actually use both screens at once for different things and thus cant do that

• Locked thread