Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Pizzatime posted:

pedantra is one of the original byob posters, it was an elaborate hoax. he's a 56 year-old caucasian male from texas

uhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pedantra

by Lowtax
Its true. My real name is Buff McGrufferson, I'm a cowboy who roams the plains of Texas and posts from horseback.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I'm just not sure why a person's age or gender would have any bearing on why they would be a social justice warrior. could someone explain this to me?

Piso Mojado

you should start a thread about it

Bwee
Who is Cuchulaain

Pedantra

by Lowtax

----------------

bwatts

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

I'm just not sure why a person's age or gender would have any bearing on why they would be a social justice warrior. could someone explain this to me?

because of a shift over time in the cultural perecption of the issues, retard

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
thank you bwee!

----------------

Bwee
you're welcome??

weird

by zen death robot
bwee

----------------

bwatts

i dont get randomly thanked. this is loving bullshit

FluffieDuckie

thank you bwee

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

bwatts

gently caress you bwee

Pedantra

by Lowtax
thank you bwatts

----------------

Bwee

Pedantra posted:

thank you bwatts

bwatts

youve both fallen prey to my masterful manipulation of people

Pedantra

by Lowtax
i love you, bwatts

----------------

Pedantra

by Lowtax
& bwee. goodnight :)

----------------

FluffieDuckie

vice.com op-ed posted:

youve both fallen prey to my masterful manipulation of people

you note that i was immune :colbert:

Scaly Haylie

i appreciate you well enough, bwatts

joke_explainer

thank you bwatts for all your hard work and attentiveness throughout april so far, and your months of pouring your heart and soul into this forum before this.

Bwee mentioned looking for rules to keep people from having to feign racism or sexism or whatever, so: rule suggestion: no referencing the past before your post. AT ALL. No post can reference text from the past, and any post pointed out as referencing past knowledge is a probation. It's like BYOB thought police day. might be too much work.

What about... no disrespecting each other? That would catch a few people in a day certainly.

No references to red, purple, or orange objects

No literary cliches

No references to the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Any other ideas BYOB?

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

joke_explainer posted:

thank you bwatts for all your hard work and attentiveness throughout april so far, and your months of pouring your heart and soul into this forum before this.

Bwee mentioned looking for rules to keep people from having to feign racism or sexism or whatever, so: rule suggestion: no referencing the past before your post. AT ALL. No post can reference text from the past, and any post pointed out as referencing past knowledge is a probation. It's like BYOB thought police day. might be too much work.

What about... no disrespecting each other? That would catch a few people in a day certainly.

No references to red, purple, or orange objects

No literary cliches

No references to the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Any other ideas BYOB?

No posts with just links to youtube videos.

----------------

Pizzatime

new rule: you have to keep it real

alnilam

no personal pronouns :twisted:

Just Burgs

If you quote someone, be sure to either thank the quoted user for their quote, or properly cite the post quoted in MLA and include a reference page for each quote referenced.

I think it will help prevent plagiarism in BYOB.

alnilam

ideally a rule will allow people to break it in a really funny way

what about like, reviewing a book is probatable? someone could write a funny book review post, or peple with less effort in mind could just say "the very hungry catepillar was a good book" before going to bed

ty manifisto

alnilam

no appropriating children's culture (hello subjectivity)

ty manifisto

tao of lmao

gently caress the rules

Piso Mojado

Pizzatime posted:

new rule: you have to keep it trill

FluffieDuckie

Vendor Trash posted:

gently caress the rules

that's a probe

dogcrash truther

Vendor Trash posted:

gently caress the rules

Bwee

alnilam posted:

ideally a rule will allow people to break it in a really funny way

what about like, reviewing a book is probatable? someone could write a funny book review post, or peple with less effort in mind could just say "the very hungry catepillar was a good book" before going to bed

Dogcrash suggested this to me with the "don't make a video/photoshop of jesus coming back to life a day late" and no one did anything

Salmiakki

the threads are loving garbage today

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

Bwee

Salmiakki posted:

the threads are loving garbage today

Please name any threads you'd like gassed and I will take care of it

Salmiakki

Bwee posted:

Please name any threads you'd like gassed and I will take care of it

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3712405

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

ulvir

Bwee posted:

Dogcrash suggested this to me with the "don't make a video/photoshop of jesus coming back to life a day late" and no one did anything

maybe try a more direct approach. "posts that doesn't include a story/video/photoshops of jesus coming back to life will get probated", for instance (or any other funny topic you can think of).

Bwee
Yeah but that would mean wayyy more people would be probated :-/ I want it to sort of be a "funny probation for charity" thing so they can be linked in Orange's thread

Bwee

Done. Does LW deserve a probation for that?

landy.

Bwee posted:

i did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Shimi

Bwee posted:

Done. Does LW deserve a probation for that?

Absolutely

• Locked thread