Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

noggut
Jan 15, 2008
^You must be an incredible painter. Post some of your stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noggut
Jan 15, 2008
It wasn't invalid critique, and yeah, you don't have to be a painter to critique something. But when you put it in those words as a reply to someone complimenting a painting it just looks petty rather than intended to help.

noggut
Jan 15, 2008
I've been thinking some about what kind of role conceptart.org used to fill, and how now no other art site has stepped up to take over that kind of niche. I'm thinking about the whole "I'm in it for the long run and want to get really good, it's all about putting in the hours, please crit my sketchbook" kind of thing, with a sprinkle of professionals to drop good advice and paintovers. The closest thing I can think of are a few smaller forums which try to do some of the same sketchbook things, but I haven't seen any page have too much success with it. Is it just because that kind of page isn't as interesting anymore, or that ca.org now sucks and no one has succeeded in taking over?