Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry
The OC thread got goldmined too soon, I had so many more lovely OC's in me :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
I'm not sure why you enjoy hurting your eyes like this, but here goes:

DO NOT STEAL

DO. NOT. STEAL!

Go ahead, steal, always ready for new friend!

Oh and while we're on the topic

I really thought you upped your game here with that beautiful jpg artifacting, near-illegible spoopy red text and, of course, the mpreg skeleton. Imagine an emoticon of a chef doing that "mwah!" thing with his hand here.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
:buddy: aaaaaaaaaavataaarrrr!!!

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

Hehey, turned out real nice! I love the palette and the soft lighting. I wouldn't add any more harsh highlights personally.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

Katt posted:

Aw thanks that's good advice,

Photoshop from scratch was really daunting. It has to many features that to me is just so far out there. Like hold a button and draw a line and all of a sudden half the screen explodes in a mix of coloured stripes.

The barefoot part was an accident. After drawing it I started colouring it. I then realised that I wasn't really learning anything by manually colouring this thing for 20 minutes so I started looking for shortcuts. I started looking for some form of filler tool like the paint thing. I couldn't find one and while zooming in I realised how "soft" the brush strokes were and maybe a filler tool wouldn't even be practical if I found one. Also the lines were on another layer all together.

I started selecting areas and filling in the selections but when I did the arm I still had the shoes selected so the shoes become yellow too. It looked alright so I went with it.

I am not super familiar with photoshop (because I never liked working with it), but I couldn't find the filler brush either, what I do is select the area that you want to colour, then go to Edit, then choose Fill and pick the colour.
If your brush strokes are very soft and leave a visible edge when you fill them, you can pick layer content from your lineart layer by ctrl-clicking on the pic thumbnail, then going to Select - Modify - Contract and contract your chosen area by a pixel or two, copying THAT smaller selection, and pasting it onto a new layer under your normal lineart layer, then colouring that. On the other hand, you can pick your lineart layer content, go to Select - Modify - Expand, and expand by a few pixels, and then filling that in with black on a new layer that you place on top of the lineart layer you want to colour. This way, in both cases, the thicker lineart on the top layer will hide the incompletely filled edges that happen on the lower layer.

Handling the "wobble" when painting digital is a big part of the learning curve. It comes out most when you're taking your time with a line. Pull your lines quick and confident, or zoom in so much that after you're done making the line and pull back, the wobble will be invisible. It also helps to hide the wobble if you keep the pic far bigger than the end result will be when you're working on it, then shrink it to where you want it when you're done.
Other option is getting Paint Tool Sai, which has a function that reduces line wobble. It also lets you treat each line as a separate entity if you wish, where you can push and pull and smooth it out to your hearts content. I think Corel Illustrator does that too?
Either way you're currently not getting any line width variation and I'm not sure if that's because of the paint brush you've chosen or because your pressure sensitivity isn't working right. You'll need that if you want to repeat that lil homer!