Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Fyadophobic posted:

I could be wrong here, but perhaps posting art in this thread should be a prerequisite to starting an argument. Couldn't help but notice that the posters who were the sauciest in this discussion were also the ones that haven't posted anything.

Troposphere actually has art on this very page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Fyadophobic posted:

???

The only image files on this page are that achewood panel and Scribblehatch's pizzacutter robot thing. Is there something I'm missing?

Yes.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Arthil posted:

Yes Colon's stuff is a little odd, but to be perfectly honest you were the only one who seemed to be outright offended or weirded out by the material.

Seemed to be, because everyone else reads the room and goes and posts their finished digital art elsewhere, including the Daily Doodle thread.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

loga mira posted:

Did you pay for that drawing, why are you thinking of ways to censor it? This discussion has grown weird to me because nowadays usually artists are very open and brazen about sexy stuff they draw amongst themselves, but theres this weird disconnect between sides here like they have nothing at all in common. Meanwhile the poster who complained first draws like big eyed goth elves, which in my mind is very close to cartoon robots and videogame fan art. Weird.

The original complaint wasn't that Scrib draws sexy art.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
But, like, what is "art"?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Yes, Virginia, there is a difference between juvenile spank art and quality spank art.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I'm genuinely flummoxed if anyone has ever thought of CC as "too mean".

Scrib also notoriously rebuffs criticism, this is not even the first website where he's known for it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

quite the fucker posted:

you've never posted any of your art, which is one of the reasons no one takes your "criticisms" seriously

She can't post it in here because she works in traditional media.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Someday a woman will be programmed to love me and she will have the puffiest labia the world has ever known

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Anyone else use Verve? It's a free program with amazing capabilities. However, the UI actively hates you. It operates on space logic and absolutely nothing is labeled.

However!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QPwOpQ6fko&t=641s

Yet, it's easily the most paintlike painting program I've ever used and if things were labeled in a way I could understand I would easily never use anything else. You can bang out a painting sketch like you would with your real paints in no time at all.

Pick fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Feb 13, 2021