Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Red Wing Blackbird - Digital Graphite 20x30
Start to Finish. The back wing is most definitely off. I should have fixed it early but I got in too deep man.

Sorry for small images.

up close and personal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Crap posted:

what does this mean, i've reread it several times and it doesn't make sense in my brain

Parasols are umbrellas. I think the poster is insinuating that the aggressor likes umbrella art with unrealistically sized folds.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Scribblehatch posted:

Ah I realized I never posted this'un.

I don't like it as much now. Especially that scribbly ocean job.

I don't mind the ocean. I do think it needs to have a brighter reflection of the sunset though. It's a given that your use of contrast is stellar!

Here's some line work I layed down for a digital acrylic painting. Next Up washes.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Coloring the bird. Thanks nature, for making contrast look stupid easy.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Work in progress: Matterhorn mountain and town.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
It's roundabout, there's no invert illustration button. Once it goes into Photoshop, it won't be vector anymore. In photoshop, you'd select one arrow at a time, press ctrl or cmnd T (windows / mac) and flip it. Repeat for all the arrows. At this point you'd have to go back into illustrator and outline it again so it's vector.

You're probably better off bringing that file into illustrator, making the circle, then tracing one arrow, flipping it, and copying it into place.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Work in progress: Matterhorn mountain and town.

Update Done, now

On to a couple other projects

Flume Gorge in NH

I'd also like to give props to Delta's 3d models. Those are insane. I never could wrap my head around working with 3D.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Dog drawing time lapse video. Fun fact Youtube kills your resolution if you upload a portrait video.

http://youtu.be/GzlhKTeUY7o

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Megaspel posted:

You might want to look into life drawing classes.

The mouth got the best of me for sure. The unsymmetrical coloring Above the eye just accentuated the issue I think.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Crap posted:

it's like you twisted the dogs face clockwise a bit

Yeah, and twisted the nose., which caused the mouth to go pear shaped somewhere along the line.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Megaspel posted:

What helped me with askew features like that is drawing live chickens. They move around like hell, so trying to draw them is a nightmare, but it trains you to observe really quickly and get a better picture in your head. Don't spend too long on any image if you're doing this, it's better just to keep making more and more once you got the basic form down. I'm still not great with it, especially arms and pupils, I probably need to practice a bit more myself.

Yeah, Back in college I was an awkward weirdo and took "advanced drawing" instead of "life drawing" so I wouldn't have to draw naked people. I figured a graphic designer doesn't need to draw naked people, and I've been right for several years now, but it does hurt the art side projects.

Anyway, Got back to my roots a bit and drew a fat cardinal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KUxD9mzQw0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Got to do a drawing of two dogs. I'm getting better (way better than the first dog), but there's still lots to work on. On the docket for free pet drawings is another dog, a cat, and a hamster named "Mr. Whiskers"
Practice Practice Practice

Time Lapse Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8amN8Dq9CI