Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
it's refreshing to see that people are still willing to throw tantrums over their fetish art even as deviantart slowly dies out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Colon Semicolon posted:

I'm kinda wondering what classifies as an actual tantrum here

Like I'm not even really annoyed by what you're saying cuz y'know whatever I wasn't gonna post the boobie robot lady here at all but I did it because I thought your reaction would be really funny and I was right about that.
I also don't exactly see what you're saying about the art world needing to be cruel. I get that it needs to be when someone is reacting in a way like their art is amazing when it clearly isn't and they need humility, that's a thing that has to happen. But you're not really expressing anything other than flagrant disregard towards anybody that doesn't appeal to your interests in subject matter. you've yet to make an actual, structured claim as to WHY something is off, wrong, or bad in any way.
loga mira did, however. And that's good!

i mean railing on about how ur totally cool w/ criticism as long as its valid criticism with redlines and detailed breakdowns and it has to come from a realy dealy artist to matter and they have to be super polite and neutral by your subjective reading while they do it is pretty classic da tantrum right there

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Colon Semicolon posted:

Or it's just common sense rather than just expecting to go off of 'it looks like a barbie doll, fix it' and literally nothing else. You don't have to do all those things at once (according your lovely hyperbole) but atleast acting like a human being and not a prick certainly helps.

but here we are, bowing down to a special snowflake because they're upset at a picture of a lady with 4 boobs.

look i'm not sure i like your tone Mr! if you're going to criticise the posting in this thread then i expect a civil tone and you should really put out detailed notations of every point you see as wrong or else i don't know if i can consider you credible at all

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Fyadophobic posted:

I'm not particularly fond of the mega-titty robots, but it's kind of creepy how like 3 separate posters who all compose their text the exact same way as each other jumped down Colon Semicolon's throat about it at the exact same time.

are u saying there's some kinda cultish anti-titty robot movement on the forums?

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I'm glad this thread now has two confirmed robomolestors in it

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0_DPi0PmF0

haay gurl.... hayyyy :wink:

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Scribblehatch posted:

Can't rebut him, huh.

That's okay.

do you genuinely think linking 20 year old footage of a stuffy british white guy saying objectification isn't real was some devastating defense of your love of anime tits?

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Scribblehatch posted:

Depends.

Can you rebut him?

my rebuttal is that you linked him in order to defend the right of every man to ejaculate to anime and robot boobs but if you want a real rebuttal maybe link it in the feminism thread or something so they can call you a sad loser there

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Scribblehatch posted:

So you can't? Alright. I guess that's fine.

there is literally no reason to engage in an honest debate about the nature of objectification because you're a grown-rear end man who thinks an ancient video clip somehow defends the stance you're taking to avoid confronting that maybe you have personal flaws that could be gradually corrected or acknowledged without shame, at least the elsa guy is consistently unapologetic about is lovely fetishes

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I don't like design choices made for female characters in both overwatch and one piece. i think you can also like and even enjoy media that has poor choices in female character design, but all of this relies on acknowledging the problems and when you are control of the media (like say ur own art) working to move past that. fixing problems can even be done with media you don't have direct control over, like Troposphere's appreciation of what the overwatch fandom has done to resuscitate black widow's character. This also requires someone to recognize female objectification is real and be aware of what male gaze is in this 2016th year of our anime jesus because seriously wtf.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Scribblehatch posted:

I honestly thought people left this term for dead.

What absolute twaddle.

sorry, I won't believe it's "twaddle" or even "ka-ka" unless you are able to link another youtube video from a british misogynist on this matter

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
female gaze is also perfectly possible but prohibitively rare because people that have control over the framing of a shot in a movie/tv show/comic rarely prioritize objectifying a male body in a given scene

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Scribblehatch posted:

Rare that people complain about it. Because either one just plain isn't a big deal.

Who cares?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc91S11U3eo

WHO CARES?

Have your fun. A happier society this makes.

that's not female gaze though, the entire commercial is structured around how powerful and strong deodorant makes those men and look at how women watch them play beach soccer. The closest it comes to female gaze is the last bit with the guy standing up and stretching backwards, but even that's done from a downward angle, as if the viewer is on his/her knees before the deodorant-empowered abs

like you make comics, so you must understand how blocking and framing a body conveys certain things about the character and what the audience is supposed to think about the character

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Scribblehatch posted:

No no we are not doing the "muscles are a power fantasy; women don't actually like those" argument.
Explain the cover of every single romance novel to me.
Y'know, those things men never read

i never said anything about muscular men being an exclusively male power fantasy you twit

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
it's nice that when someone actually provides a rebuttal to one of your videos that you bury your head in the sand while simultaneously making GBS threads and pissing tho

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Scribblehatch posted:

Why are you transmitting to people your giant glowing Zelda 'Hit Here' eyeball weakness?

Jesus.

On the internet of all places. You goof.

IGNORE IT. Vocal protests always backfire.

you really do sound like a twitter chatbot right now and I don't think you realize how bewildering and sad that is

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Scribblehatch posted:

Oh but when I ask 'why'

"OH MY GODDDDD I WANT TO DIE"

well to me it's not that hard to figure out where the convo derailed down the mountainside since it just happened a page back, but if you need a helpful suggestion I think it was when you switched your strange spambot filter to corrupted madonna lyrics for unclear reasons

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
oh OH I get it... we've all been owend

poo poo

gently caress

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Scribblehatch posted:

I hit post a millisecond after Juniper's post, not feeling a need to put Nuns' post in quotation.

Mmmmhmhm it was all my plan all along to make you look dumb :twisted:

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
yes, it's illegal. please turn yourself in to the nearest police station.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Diabetes Forecast posted:

YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE, COPPER!

drat, outfoxed again by the robosex bandit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Well, robots can't get pregnant don't tell me otherwise so this can't possibly go as wrong as the last attempt