Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Mehsticles posted:

an alternative may be using something like Mischief, which I believe is vector based so may help achieve crisper lines.

Yeah, vector may be the way to go. I like Inkscape a lot, myself, but it doesn't handle in any way, shape or form like a raster program.

Upping the dpi like others have suggested is also a good thing to try. While 300 is standard for print, there are many brushes these days that are explicitly made for higher. I've seen from 350-600 recommended for some brushes on the storefront! Which, at the risk of sounding like a shill, the CSP asset shop is actually very good. It has a thriving community of people that upload free brushes and such, myself included!

CSP also has a little "community help" section that is very active, I highly suggest it, as I've only had really good interactions there! The community has been really wonderful for me.

Edit: Regarding dpi, I feel I should warn that you may need to allocate more memory to your program if you find you like it at very high levels. In CSP, I seem to recall this being in the preferences submenu, and it will prompt a program restart after. I think that the default allocation isn't actually that high.

DicktheCat fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Apr 30, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU