Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Here are some of mine. Each is drawn using Sketchbook Pro on a 10.1 Samsung Galaxy Note tablet. For anyone looking at tablets for art, most sites won't tell you but the Note series has a Wacom interface. The S Pen registers 1000 degrees of pressure so you can draw some really loving amazing stuff. The tablet works with a bunch of different Wacom styluses; I use an old duct-tapedToshiba one because it's comfy. Sketchbook Pro is a really great and inexpensive program, it has brushes and layers and you can kinda tweak it where needed to get a lot of different textures and stuff.

Anyway.

Link to my last one since it's huge and Imgur artifacts it bad. NWS for girls making out: http://oleary.ink/gallery/104fe310e94ab09a143fc1f96b7396dc_gallery.jpg

Scathach fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Apr 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

President Kucinich posted:

Finally.

Can't call god on this phone because it's surrounded by burds.

This is weird and spooky and I love it.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Scribblehatch I love your style. And the Tumblr art community isn't that great, I'm a bit frustrated there as well.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

I feel the same. I put up a personal site, but that's less for networking and more to direct people I'm already dealing with and art show crap. I rejoined Deviantart since it was awesome like 15 years ago when I was one of 3000 people there, now it just sucks and really how many times do we need to see nude Sonic? I've found fringe sites but they have few people and poor interfaces. Etsy would be nice to do prints for but it's so full of reseller crap that it's awful.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Kanine posted:

artstation seems really nice

I was just coming back to say I joined like an hour ago. Looks good but gosh I'm intimidated.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Honestly having done this forever I'm still really nervous about joining CA. It's stupid but I feel as if my style doesn't fit in well there anyway and my cartoony stuff would be looked down on among all the sweet video game stuff. But I like my style :ohdear:

I joined DrawCrowd, which runs like molasses on my tablet...when I replace my PC power supply tomorrow I'll poke around more.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

I like the setup for DrawCrowd a lot, but no matter what I do I can't get it to actually save and display my profile info. Driving me nuts.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Megaspel posted:

I'm not bothered about making money, we were actually taught plenty at my uni. I'm just more disappointed at my home friends and family's opinion and outlook on art as a valuable thing.

It's funny, my dad was an oil painter and rock carver, my mom is a weaver and potter, and when we were growing up their friends would still tell them I draw too much and it wasn't worth anything. Getting a kid into being an accountant or some other unfun thing would be so much more rewarding! I have no idea why there are so many people out there that think art isn't a worthy career. It's ridiculous.

Maybe people are jealous that we actually have jobs we like?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Honestly I think I have more followers and useful feedback on Tumblr than anywhere else...kinda sad.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Same here, and I hate how you can't see your sent messages either. Total pain in the rear end.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

thefakenews posted:

Hey thread, I mostly lurk the RPG and wrestling sub-forums, but I have been getting back into photo manipulation stuff lately.

These are loving awesome.

Samsung Galaxy Note tablet, S Pen, Sketchbook Pro and a poo poo ton of patience. I really, really hate drawing silk.

Also I need somewhere to brag about my canvas prints turning out good. Office Depot for the win. Same process as the above pic, this was a 1200x800 drawing. Apparently need a new camera though.

Scathach fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Dec 18, 2015

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Cross posting from the daily art thread. I got a new tablet a while back and finally got the chance to sketch out a quick piece. The newer S Pen is smooth as butter.

Scathach fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Sep 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Hell at least if someone is creeped out they're getting emotion from the art. I mean that's better than boredom.

Now can we get back to posting art?