Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Springly
Dec 10, 2011

Beelzebub posted:

Did some more work on this one based on the feedback above.

Sweet as. I'm not suggesting you change it now but in future this is how you hold reins. What she's doing it would slip through her hands, and I think it's adding to the slight weakness of her arms. They also feel kinda... too long, for the foreshortened angle they're at? And I don't really understand the slope of her shoulders - it's what might happen if she were about to lose her balance or if she was yanking hard to turn the horse towards the flame. Another horse nerd thing is that her saddle cannot support her sitting down like that when the horse is rearing - she'd have to stand up in her stirrups more. Currently she's in danger of sliding off it's rear end.

As a side note, I would really like to see her looking at... something? She's looking towards where the horse is facing but her head is facing the flames. Seems unlikely she wouldn't be looking at the flames given they're right there, or if there is something important out of frame it would be more intense if she were really rolling her eyes hard to the side to see it. As it is she looks slightly dazed. This is a dirty paintover of what I would change (grain of salt yada yada).

Anyways I actually really like it, especially the rendering of the background and horse, and the gaps to that sienna colour. It feels really traditional.

content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU