Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Hey there, didn't know there was a thread like this! I like to paint from time to time; not good enough to keep up with the heavyweights out there, so I just doodle on my Nintendo 3DS. Here's some of my silly artwork:

Drawn using Colors!3D software

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

JuniperCake posted:

That said, I think between the website usability stuff, and the owner's uh.. tendencies towards unscrupulous practices like taking advantage of its art instructors and not fairly paying people, it's got some problems.

Can you go into detail about this? I'm curious to hear some examples

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

That is actually really depressing to read :(

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Hah! I wish I had these kind of pants back in grade school, I could have done some mean M.C. Hammer shuffles waiting at the bus stop

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

So where are all the chill art communities these days, outside of this one? Been looking for a while now and just can't seem to find anything that'll stick; they seem to be too massive (CA) or just so small they might as well be nonexistant.

I used to post on the Penny Arcade art corner, but just got so sick of dealing with all the clickish bullshit that goes around there. It was very frustrating to deal with and left a bad taste in my mouth on what's acceptible in an art community.

I dunno, I just want a friendly little place where I can post a doodle every now and then. I'm not trying to be a hot-shot artist trying to blaze a trail as numero uno concept artist, just want a pad to show a silly drawing every now and then. I'm getting fed up with all those sites where it's super serious all the time where every little thing you post is gonna get nitpicked to death. It sucks the fun of out of art for me quite frankly, and it's kind of a poor standard to set for an online community.

I already have friends who are working professionals in the industry that I go to whenever I need advice on how to get better. I don't really want a place to grind myself retarded, just a place to post odd paintings I do from time to time, like shark girl here!

Anyone got the scoop?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Hell yeah Beezlebub, you're invited to my birthday party

My mom's hiring a clown and everything, gonna be sick

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

This is my depiction of the doof who stole my tv, book him officer

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I'm gonna try to refurbish and finish this old piece I forgot about :

Feel like working on something fun!