Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lokee
Oct 2, 2013

The brown sea is dark and full of terrors, but the paywall burns them all away.
Going for a 40s-50s retro kind of feel; going to add a set of Looney Toons-esq rings around it when I get home. Thoughts? Love it? Burn it?

e- The cat is not original material, not sure where it's from though. Original.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lokee
Oct 2, 2013

Fyadophobic posted:

This is cool! How did you accomplish the texture of it?
It's a stock vintage-postcard-kind-of-deal texture reused a couple times; one layer is blended with Hard Light to texture out the red overlay, the second is blended with Screen and cut to about 20% opacity to make the black feel busier. After that I tinkered with the brightness/contrast on each texture layer till I was happy with it. Also while reading about Looney Tunes closing logos I found this ridiculously detailed page on the subject. :spergin:

Lokee
Oct 2, 2013

Okay; can't figure out how to phrase this for google to get it to tell me the things, hoping someone in here can help me out with a quick question.

I have this ready to go in vector format; is there any way in photoshop/illustrator to flip this inside out so that it's spikes out, arrows in?

Lokee fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jul 10, 2015

Lokee
Oct 2, 2013

Progress so far. Feeling pretty good with this so far minus some color balancing to make it easier to work with in other programs/images.
"In glorious EXTRA COLOR"

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Update Done, now

On to a couple other projects

Flume Gorge in NH

I'd also like to give props to Delta's 3d models. Those are insane. I never could wrap my head around working with 3D.
:eyepop: Love the stroke lengths, japan throwbax.