Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I've got a shadowrun Choose your own adventure story going, and I wanted to share some art from it to get help to improve

I don't normally draw women, and I'm worried I'm not doing it right, or that there are things I could be improving a lot on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Hey I've been scouring the forums, and the next at large for advice on my comic, and help in general. I'm a new artist, I started drawing about 18 months ago, but I didn't start taking it seriously until december, when I started spending an hour or two doing studies every day. I've fallen off that wagon a bit, because I learned that taking a break when doing intense practice is actually really helpful. My webcomic is in my avatar, but I have the latest page here, and was wondering if I could get some critique or feedback? I'm pretty thick skinned, and can handle it. Though in my experience people who say that generally can't I really can, and every piece of advice I got from a new artist has helped me grow so much. I'm crossposting this to the comic art thread as well, so yeah! Let me know what you think!

Specific criticism I'm looking for (besides general things that you think I might be missing entirely!) Ways I can tighten up the style I'm going for, whether the textured canvas works well or not, thoughts on the textured multi-colored lines. Brushes that might do the same thing or better! The one on the left is the size I upload at, and the size on the right is my original working size.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

DickButt Shitlord posted:

?
So I liked what you had going on in the dialogue. The art, it shows promise but you just started and it takes years to develop your identity as an artist and you need that in order for the art to stand on its own. The background, where are they exactly? Does it tie in to the story they are walking in a hollow void? You have characters, give them something to stand on

That was something I really struggled with for awhile, and I think I've been doing better grounding my characters, from the last two weeks here's some more recent stuff I've been trying. I've grounded them more, but definitely do a mix of featureless voided and grounded. I tell myself "Oh it's just a wall" but honestly, I need to do more to ground them. Here's some stuff from the past two weeks.

If you click the blue link in my avatar, you can see all of them if you want to see more, people I think tend to be really polite, so they don't want to point out a lot of the glaring flaws, but I'm always happy to here more on how I can improve.