Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

I'm trying to make lines that are more crisp than the maximum hardness of Photoshop's brush. But I don't want it 100% aliased like the pencil tool. Is there any way to make the brush harder than 100%, brushes I can download that fit the bill, or just a different app that has something like this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Phylodox posted:

Personally, when I want to do really crisp line work I use Manga Studio (which has since been renamed to Clip Studio). The brushes feel a lot cleaner.

I'm trying Clip Studio Pant and running into the same issue. Using the most basic brush, it's too hard with no anti-aliasing and too soft with the weakest anti-aliasing. I want something between these two lines.

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

It looks how I want if I do it with the hardest brush in Photoshop, then sharpen the line layer, but that seems stupid

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

my cat is norris posted:

for something that specific, have you looked into trying to create your own brush with the desired effect?

I tried creating a brush preset in photoshop and it blurs it no matter what, if that's what you mean. I don't know how to make a brush in Clip Studio Paint but the issue seems to be the level of antialiasing, not the brush itself.