Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Megaspel posted:

You know, I'm sorta disappointed with reality. I feel like I was tricked, when I went to Uni, I met people like me for the first time. Friends who pushed, inspired, encouraged and competed with each other, people who just wanted to make cool poo poo. I'm back home in the most polluted town in England, and people don't think I deserve minimum wage for designing a logo.

Yeah it's a real shame they don't teach you much about how to go about practically making money as an artist while they're taking all that money from you and encouraging you to discuss what inspires you.

Go to Waterstones and find yourself a copy of this book and stay indoors reading it front to back. http://www.amazon.co.uk/How-be-Illustrator-Darrel-Rees/dp/1856695301

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Megaspel posted:

I'm not bothered about making money, we were actually taught plenty at my uni. I'm just more disappointed at my home friends and family's opinion and outlook on art as a valuable thing.

Oh I'm sorry I thought you were complaining about being tricked because no-one's handing you a cool £1,000 for their business logo.

Colon Semicolon posted:

I have no idea what I'm doing send help.

Maybe do the fingers and tiny details last, instead of one whole limb at a time.

i am harry fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jun 10, 2015

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

biomech tattoo sleeve stuff