Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RadicalWall
May 31, 2005

I have no idea whats going on.

OmanyteJackson posted:

This is a commision i finished last week

One thing i definitely took away from this is my line work is absolutely terrible. Any tips to make cleaner lineart?

It's all about line confidence. Your line work is very sketchy and a little all over the place.

This only comes from practice but the key is to use simple long strokes instead of a lot of small ones.

Zoom out and rotate until you can get a good angle on the curve you're trying to draw and try to do it in one confident stroke. The good news is that with digital you can always undo and try again... and again, and again.
I see the same issue with the coloring. Try using the largest brush for the area you're coloring.

It's a good picture though, well done.

EDIT: Also look into varying line weight with pen pressure which is another thing to practice on top of confident lines.

RadicalWall fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jun 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU