Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

noggut posted:

^You must be an incredible painter. Post some of your stuff.

shut up. it's valid critique and you dont have to be better than someone to notice perspective or anatomy issues.

It's great work beelzebub!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Colon Semicolon posted:

I don't know if CA sucks now or anything, but it gained a reputation for being absolutely terrifying for beginners and intermediate artists. most of the people there are professionals

Most of the advice given is worded how it would be delivered by an art director on a real job - if not nicer. It's just people being pretty blunt and saying that this whole area they spent a ton of time on just isn't working and it's best done over. Being able to throw work away to make the final image better is a good habit almost nobody picks up before they're forced to.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Colon Semicolon posted:

And straight up a south korean artist I like asks if they can draw her.

Is this because most of their drawings are oversized tits and dicks spraying cum

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Colon Semicolon posted:

even other artists don't think you're doing work. when that isn't the case, they're jealous in some way of the fact you could possibly be making more than them for what they consider LESS work.

ha. most working artists look down at full time teachers for a very different reason, more money it is most certainly not.
None of that has anything to do with what happened with CA or TAD though.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Colon Semicolon posted:

you could learn to be nice about that.

I think that was a nice way of saying something...

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Fyadophobic posted:

I could be wrong here, but perhaps posting art in this thread should be a prerequisite to starting an argument. Couldn't help but notice that the posters who were the sauciest in this discussion were also the ones that haven't posted anything.

I did this for Google recently. It's all digital, lot of painting over cgi. Do I have your permission to give someone a hard time about child birth hip tit robots.

http://36.media.tumblr.com/aa59e98d5da829125fd1c6f322acfa40/tumblr_nkg7glE6L11tfv7ieo1_1280.jpg

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
People who make art with the express intent of it being 'sexy' are creepy and i dont/wont respect it. Nudity is fine, admiring form is too, but tits for tits sake is kind of sad.

E: I should add, there's a very big difference between a character that has sex appeal and what I'm talking about.

cubicle gangster fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jun 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
If you think that's the same thing I have no idea what to say