Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
Yahoo was the most popular search engine back in 1999 and there was also this other search engine named AltaVista, if I wasn't wrong, which I sometimes used. No heretical word called "Googling" since Google hasn't existed..

Dr.Caligari posted:

Reminds me of when I found my old ICQ number a couple years ago. I logged on to see all these offline screen names I hadn't seen in probably 10+ years. Many of them people I no longer know and quite a few I couldn't even remeber who they were. All of them offline, ghosts of a different time and place :smith:
Although I didn't use ICQ, I remember using MSN a lot since it was the chatting software used by many of the forumers and clan which I used to visit. There was also mIRC, but due to its "dark reputation" as being nest for hackers and alike (being able to track you, steal your CC, etc), I tended to stay away from it as far as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread