Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
That was wonderfully worded kaworu, and I fully agree. I obviously can't personally know what it was like to grow up in different time periods, but I feel like being born in 82 and coming to adulthood in roughly the 2000's was more surreal. It's like not only have I grown, but how virtually everything is done is different. It's not good or bad, just something that comes with rapid technology advancement. I also think it makes me feel older than I am. For instance if I would tell a teenager , or even someone in their early twenties about how it use to be normal to go all day without being in some form of contact with friends and family, outside of an emergency. I also grew up with the added layer of being in a small town that has grown into a lovely small-mid town. No one will probably ever again know the excitement of having their mom tell them to "grab a book, we are going to walmart" (which ,back in my day, was 45 minutes away).

But back on the topic of most pirated files, I remember my first pirated album was Rage Against The Machines Evil Empire and it took for-goddamn-ever. It was in .ra or .ram or some other realaudio format and sounded like poo poo. If I took all the hours I spent trying to download that WHOLE ALBUM , and started raking grass or something, I would have had enough money to buy the cd 10 times over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
Reminds me of when I found my old ICQ number a couple years ago. I logged on to see all these offline screen names I hadn't seen in probably 10+ years. Many of them people I no longer know and quite a few I couldn't even remeber who they were. All of them offline, ghosts of a different time and place :smith:

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jul 8, 2015

• Locked thread