Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The dub has started to be posted on Funimation. They even managed to get the full Haruhi cast back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Can someone please gif dump cool/good poo poo from this show please

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Alright here's all the interesting gifs from this show:

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
The next episode is where poo poo gets actually interesting right, RIGHT?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
You're getting original Yuki with Turkey's memories, but she doesn't recognize them as her own. There will be tons of posts on forums saying "This is what she should have been like" by people who claimed to have dropped the series. It's followed up by Finite 8 too.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
cool

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
well that episode certainly could've been 10x worse

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
They're going to stretch this arc out arent they?

At least now I can see why they needed 16 episodes and an OVA.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
im perfectly ok with them streching this arc out

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
I didn't think I would miss Nagaturkey. I mean, it's great to see the real Nagato and I didn't think I'd miss the clone, but I do. Poor Yuki's in her dream world and is probably going to have to give it up again. I feel bad for both of them.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Should've used smochi with the curry.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
This episode had quite a few more anime original moments. It was made from only 20 pages of the manga and most of those were used in the first couple of minutes. I really hope they don't go for an anime original ending and/or slip in Haruhi season 2.5 after going this far.

E: also, how about that ED change

Dehry fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jun 6, 2015

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

Dehry posted:

This episode had quite a few more anime original moments. It was made from only 20 pages of the manga and most of those were used in the first couple of minutes. I really hope they don't go for an anime original ending and/or slip in Haruhi season 2.5 after going this far.

E: also, how about that ED change

Uh, yes you do? Isn't this what everyone is hoping for? Desperately?

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

The Unholy Ghost posted:

Uh, yes you do? Isn't this what everyone is hoping for? Desperately?

No that means I'd have to watch the show and I already don't like the art style.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Wait so this is turning into an elaborate meta troll again?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

A jargogle posted:

Reply hazy, try again.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
episode 10 made the whole thing worth it

such a well done mood whiplash I hope it gets even more depressing

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Well that's a hell of a tone shift. Despite not a lot objectively happening AS USUAL this might've been the best episode so far: great use of atmospheric music, Nagato's "new" voice is perfect, nice change to the end credits.

No idea where this is going exactly but I'll keep watching it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is this actually going to be another season of Haruhi or are you all trolling me.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Is this actually going to be another season of Haruhi or are you all trolling me.
it's more like a stretched out haruhi arc probably

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

So if this actually gets good, which episodes can be skipped? I dropped this from boredom at the valentine's day arc.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Agronox posted:

great use of atmospheric music
The series has really good music in general.

nielsm posted:

So if this actually gets good, which episodes can be skipped? I dropped this from boredom at the valentine's day arc.
I'd say that if you weren't feeling it to start with, there's no point in trying to figure out "key" episodes.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

HiipFire posted:

it's more like a stretched out haruhi arc probably

Endless Moe.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

A jargogle posted:

I hope so.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

God, the ED for this episode is so sad.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

(11): The audio in this episode was intriguing, notably the use of that muffled voice and the background music.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I think it was more to save budget.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

AnacondaHL posted:

(11): The audio in this episode was intriguing, notably the use of that muffled voice and the background music.

Really nailed an "I'm incredibly tired and almost feel like I'm a spectator in my own life" depressed kind of feeling.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

AnacondaHL posted:

Some nice music as well, really looking forward to the OST.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I wasn't expecting them to stretch the arc out this long. They may just try to avoid introducing major characters and stop on volume 5 unless they turn it into an endless 8 episode. A lot of this volume has been anime original . I do have a pretty good idea where they could stop. Of course that leaves the question about what the OVA will cover.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

You may think I'm making fun of Anime Quality, but this is an accurate depiction of how people look after they wake up

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Nagatoooooooooooo! How can the writers be so cruel to you?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

The acoustic version of the ED was nice :unsmith:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Don't forget to dust your rooms.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
The music sure does a lot of the heavy lifting in this show

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
One more ep to go.

Did anyone else stick around?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Agronox posted:

One more ep to go.

No, it didn't turn out to be Haruhi season 3

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Agronox posted:

One more ep to go.

Eh, I watched the mildly interesting Disappearance arc but that's about it. Were there any consequences from that in the next episodes?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Knorth posted:

Eh, I watched the mildly interesting Disappearance arc but that's about it. Were there any consequences from that in the next episodes?

Well Other Nagato kind of confessed her feelings for Kyon, and that's been slowly paying off and holy poo poo I just realized that apart from a few good moments in this series it's purely been wishful thinking for Haruhi S3 that's kept me watching. I think this show actually worked best in the earliest episodes where it was more of a dumb comedy instead of a boring romance.

The most recent ep had a bunch of fanservice shots and reminders of E8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

I actually enjoy calm, dialogue-heavy shows, so this one wasn't too bad for me.

I mean, it wasn't good, and I'd be hard pressed to recommend it even to someone who was heavily invested in Haruhi already, but for something to turn my brain off to for 25 minutes and de-stress at the end of the day, it's not bad. Will I rewatch it? Probably not. Would I check out a season 2? Maybe if there wasn't something more interesting on.

• Locked thread