Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Always: Reset your bones by bending your back the good way before you go to bed.

PC gamers only: Chair is the perfect middle ground between standing and sitting on the floor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Seems like someone is in the pocket of Big Chair

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010

Aston posted:

Seems like someone is in the pocket of Big Chair

http://www.amazon.com/Rocker-51396-Pedestal-Gaming-Wireless/dp/B0031LKYMY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1428410993&sr=8-1&keywords=gamer+chair
http://www.amazon.com/Cohesion-2-1-Gaming-Chair-Audio/dp/B002MZGKNW/ref=pd_sim_sg_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=0TY4JWRANPTQ7Y0R39AK
http://www.amazon.com/Rocker-51259-Audio-Gaming-Wireless/dp/B004F1KXVG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1428410993&sr=8-4&keywords=gamer+chair

Just waiting on that sweet commission, they'll pay me without a contract right?

I've honestly used a cheepo gamer chair and they suck just use a yoga ball and get a sweet rear end while you game

vvvv That is exactly the chair I'm talking about. Are you child sized? Because you will quickly realize your legs are long and need to be somewhere that is not on either side of your body. Unless you're fuckin'- count that as a stealth pro I guess? vvvv

SleepySonata fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Apr 7, 2015

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

i want a chair like this but nicer looking

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

drat. Would love to give this one a sit.

How's your posture today, gamers?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

my office has a meeting room thats all comfy legless chairs and someone brought in a 360 and set it up in there

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

lol if you don't game at a treadmill desk

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Aston posted:

Why would that be funny.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Aston posted:

that would be cool depending on the game

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Why would that be funny.

otherwise you'll end up walking into your desk

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010

elf help book posted:

that would be cool depending on the game

Pokemon is playable one handed (lolbeatitofflol) which makes it the perfect walking companion for any occasion. I've always treated handheld RPGs like a book that you can't forget you're reading or the pages will forcefully tear themselves out and incinerate.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Comfy bed gamer here.

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

That looks comfy as poo poo but ugly as gently caress.

Also, when did "Video Game Chairs" become prominent enough to require their own category?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

metricchip posted:

That looks comfy as poo poo but ugly as gently caress.

Also, when did "Video Game Chairs" become prominent enough to require their own category?
When we elected our first gamer president.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Genetically speaking... I'm superior. Why you ask?

I was born with Gamer Thumb

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

for good gamin posture it is important to sacrifice a raven every midsummer. this will appease the skeleton inside you.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

discuss: the nintendonitis scare of the mid 90's

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
I want to buy a DX Racer gaming chair but I don't have tits to show on Twitch so I can buy it with donations.

Please advise.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Givin posted:

I want to buy a DX Racer gaming chair but I don't have tits to show on Twitch so I can buy it with donations.

Please advise.

invest in yourself and buy tits

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

Givin posted:

Please advise.

Draw nipples on your fat rear end and shake that about for a bit.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Always: Reset your bones by bending your back the good way before you go to bed.

PC gamers only: Chair is the perfect middle ground between standing and sitting on the floor.

Thank you.

May your gaming be epic, and well wishes on all your adventures, gamer,
Wormskull

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

thse chairs dont look like they're tall enough for my desk. im a pc gamer yo usee

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Black Baby Goku posted:

Genetically speaking... I'm superior. Why you ask?

I was born with Gamer Thumb

I have two :cheers:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i have a paunch from poor dietary habits and bad posture (im a hunchback)

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

game to escape the constraints of your physical form, not to be shackled by them.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Use either a standing desk or a gaben exercise ball to hone your muscles and bones

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

qnqnx posted:

discuss: the nintendonitis scare of the mid 90's

It was real http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4267699/

quote:

Nintendo related injuries and other problems: review
Maarten B Jalink, medical doctor,corresponding author1 Erik Heineman, professor, paediatric surgeon,1 Jean-Pierre E N Pierie, professor, general surgeon,2,3 and Henk O ten Cate Hoedemaker, abdominal surgeon1,2
Author information ► Article notes ► Copyright and License information ►
Go to:
Abstract
Objective To identify all reported cases of injury and other problems caused by using a Nintendo video gaming system.

Design Review.

Data sources and review methods Search of PubMed and Embase in June 2014 for reports on injuries and other problems caused by using a Nintendo gaming system.

khrits
Dec 25, 2011

And when we leave, we need to put things back the way we found them. We're not slobs.

SleepySonata posted:

http://www.amazon.com/Rocker-51396-Pedestal-Gaming-Wireless/dp/B0031LKYMY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1428410993&sr=8-1&keywords=gamer+chair
http://www.amazon.com/Cohesion-2-1-Gaming-Chair-Audio/dp/B002MZGKNW/ref=pd_sim_sg_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=0TY4JWRANPTQ7Y0R39AK
http://www.amazon.com/Rocker-51259-Audio-Gaming-Wireless/dp/B004F1KXVG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1428410993&sr=8-4&keywords=gamer+chair

Just waiting on that sweet commission, they'll pay me without a contract right?

I've honestly used a cheepo gamer chair and they suck just use a yoga ball and get a sweet rear end while you game

vvvv That is exactly the chair I'm talking about. Are you child sized? Because you will quickly realize your legs are long and need to be somewhere that is not on either side of your body. Unless you're fuckin'- count that as a stealth pro I guess? vvvv

http://www.amazon.com/Rocker-51092-Spider-Wireless-Vibration/dp/B00DFREOPC
I like this one, it looks like Kane would sit on it.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Mankind's chair is a $4 rolling chair from goodwill covered in thumbtacks

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy

Givin posted:

Please advise.

Start a lovely gaming shirt company instead

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I lie back as I play PS4.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

quote:

Traditional controllers with buttons were associated with tendinitis of the extensor of the thumb. The joystick on the Nintendo 64 controller was linked to palmar ulceration. The motion sensitive Wii remote was associated with musculoskeletal problems and various traumas.

Hardcore

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

i have a hosed up hunchback and my body is failing me already

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I stand when I game usually.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I stand when I game usually.

i used to stand while gaming and i think i played all of ffx standing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i used to stand while gaming and i think i played all of ffx standing

I stood for all 50+ hours of recent FFXIII playthrough and it felt great. Been standing a lot during Bloodborne, helps relieve stress easily as I can pace and jump if I get stressed or angry

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Try to contain both the TV and your hands within your field of view at all times, to better harmonize yourself with the hero character. There are lots of ways to do this.

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I stood for all 50+ hours of recent FFXIII playthrough and it felt great. Been standing a lot during Bloodborne, helps relieve stress easily as I can pace and jump if I get stressed or angry

so does my autistic younger cousin

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Proud Rat Mom posted:

so does my autistic younger cousin

some of us are just born gamers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?