Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

wildfire takes it 2-0 on the back of a filthy submerge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

wildfire1 2-0 AgentSythe

That submerge! I was tapped out, no counter backup. AgentSythe absolutely correctly decided to go all in and got destroyed by Submerge.

Flea Bargain fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jun 21, 2015

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Ramos posted:

Revenge time! I haven't forgotten about that top decked wasteland. :black101:

But yeah, I'll be on mtgoon all weekend long after ~6PM EST today?

So I'll be around tomorrow night (Sunday night/Monday morning) after my modern match. I'm working 4-12 EST Sunday so we're (hopefully) doing the whole Father's Day thing on Monday, but I'm relatively open Tuesday. I think the week is somewhat open for me after that, too.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Presently on mtgoon, though if we can't make it today, I can fit in some time on Wednesday or Friday of this week.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

Hey Lawinator, when's a good time for you to crush me?

Fight meeeee! I'll idle in IRC tonight.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

suicidesteve posted:

I won't be able to play until at least Monday. I'll post when I have a better idea of what's going on.

So I'm around tonight for a while and Tuesday-Thursday until around 10 PM EST.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

2-1 over PhyrexianLibrarian, we're almost there.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

TheLawinator posted:

2-1 over PhyrexianLibrarian, we're almost there.

Confirmed, I'm out!

Had a judgment call to make in game 3; on a mull to 5, I had a hand with Brainstorm, Ponder, StP, Volcanic Island, and something I can't remember.

Opponent: Plains, Mother of Runes
Me: Drew a Tundra

The options are to either Tundra -> Swords the Mom, or Volcanic -> Ponder. What I actually did was pick the first one, then second-guess myself and try to transition into the second one, and went Tundra -> Ponder, which was the worst option of all! I proceeded to get blown out by Wasteland as I was expecting, and a hand of 2x Moms, 2x Thalias, 1x Revoker is pretty much the worst case scenario for me.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

Confirmed, I'm out!

Had a judgment call to make in game 3; on a mull to 5, I had a hand with Brainstorm, Ponder, StP, Volcanic Island, and something I can't remember.

Opponent: Plains, Mother of Runes
Me: Drew a Tundra

The options are to either Tundra -> Swords the Mom, or Volcanic -> Ponder. What I actually did was pick the first one, then second-guess myself and try to transition into the second one, and went Tundra -> Ponder, which was the worst option of all! I proceeded to get blown out by Wasteland as I was expecting, and a hand of 2x Moms, 2x Thalias, 1x Revoker is pretty much the worst case scenario for me.

The thing about that is by not swords'ing right there you basically agreed to throw away at least one swords later for no value if you never got to terminus, which would obviously be my top priority to stop you from doing. I think it threw off your entire game plan from the start.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Well, the past week didn't quite work out. Would you be up for a match this Sunday, Steve?

Ramos fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jun 25, 2015

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Ramos posted:

Well, the past week didn't quite work out. Would you be up for a match this Sunday, Steve?

I work til 8 am and it's my 2nd anniversary so probably not. If it's late enough maybe.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Any other times you might be available then?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Ramos posted:

Any other times you might be available then?

Tonight from 8-930?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I guess it will have to be at nine then, I won't be available until then.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

2-0, my win.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

0/2. Game 1 I mull to 5 before finding a colored land and lose to infinite creatures. Game 2 I mull to 6 and draw 0 of my like, 30 outs for 7 turns.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

For the record, in the second game, I was holding onto a Vines of Vastwood still along with a pair of Dazes. No idea how big of a difference that would have made based on your hand though.

Ramos fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jun 26, 2015

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

Sweet, onwards to t4! Please don't pair me against tron again kthx

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
top 4 pairings:

Sigma-X vs wildfire1
TheLawinator vs Ramos

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

wildfire1 posted:

Sweet, onwards to t4! Please don't pair me against tron again kthx

I can be available any time through this weekend with advanced notice as I'm on vacation.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I'll be on mtgoon all weekend long after 6PM EST today as usual.

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

black potus posted:

top 4 pairings:

Sigma-X vs wildfire1
TheLawinator vs Ramos

You had one job... One job!

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

wildfire1 posted:

Hey, just wishing you luck, because I only have one wasteland in my 75.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

wildfire1 posted:

I'm not Tron he didn't disappoint you :)

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

Sigma-X posted:

I'm not Tron he didn't disappoint you :)

Yeah I noticed that earlier but because you quoted it I didn't bother fixing it! I'm game to play, but times are tricky. I'm playing another match on your Sunday morning, but timing is tight. Otherwise, your Tuesday evening should work for me.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

wildfire1 posted:

Yeah I noticed that earlier but because you quoted it I didn't bother fixing it! I'm game to play, but times are tricky. I'm playing another match on your Sunday morning, but timing is tight. Otherwise, your Tuesday evening should work for me.

Tuesdays really bad. I'm home right now and will have the whole weekend available pretty much with enough advance warning.

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

Sigma-X posted:

Tuesdays really bad. I'm home right now and will have the whole weekend available pretty much with enough advance warning.

Early Sunday morning? Say, 9amish?

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

wildfire1 posted:

Early Sunday morning? Say, 9amish?

9am what time zone? California time I can do that no worries.

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

Sigma-X posted:

9am what time zone? California time I can do that no worries.

Ah, no, it would be much earlier California time, sorry. I hate to push it back so far, but... Wednesday night?

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Lawinator, just for the record, I will not be able to play Thursday through Saturday this week. Family and 4th of July stuff and that jazz. Any other time after 6PM EST on the weekdays and whenever on the weekend, just suggest it.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

wildfire1 posted:

Ah, no, it would be much earlier California time, sorry. I hate to push it back so far, but... Wednesday night?

Sorry for the late response - been a hectic weekend.

Evenings this week for me are pretty bad. If we can find a time before 9am Cali time that would work - that would put it in your evening I think?

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
TheLawinator are you gone now

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

My strategy of having my opponents default out has worked twice already. :v:

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

Sigma-X posted:

Sorry for the late response - been a hectic weekend.

Evenings this week for me are pretty bad. If we can find a time before 9am Cali time that would work - that would put it in your evening I think?

Yeah, I can do that, but you'd have to be up early - 7am is my midnight.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

wildfire1 posted:

Yeah, I can do that, but you'd have to be up early - 7am is my midnight.

I get it - if we do 6:30 my wednesday morning, that's your thursday 11:30pm, right?

It will suck to get up that early but I think it's better than waiting until next weekend.

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

Sigma-X posted:

I get it - if we do 6:30 my wednesday morning, that's your thursday 11:30pm, right?

It will suck to get up that early but I think it's better than waiting until next weekend.

I think 6.30 your Wednesday is my Wednesday night, so that works. I can't easily double check since I'm phone posting but will have a look when I'm home.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

wildfire1 posted:

I think 6.30 your Wednesday is my Wednesday night, so that works. I can't easily double check since I'm phone posting but will have a look when I'm home.

Sounds good to me if it aligns with your schedule.

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

Sigma-X posted:

Sounds good to me if it aligns with your schedule.

Yep, 6.30am is my 11.30pm. Aren't time zones wonderful? See you then!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

I am in Scotland now until the end of july. If there is a way to play mtg on a chromebook, feel free to let me know and I might have a minute at some point. Play by mail? Who knows.

• Locked thread