Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Wezlar posted:

Just out of curiosity what do you dislike about it? Beyond the bugs/missing cards (drat you painter bug!!!) I've never really had any problems playing and I really like having rules enforcement vs something like cockatrice.

It's ugly and clunky as hell, and the fact that it doesn't support a bunch of legacy cards because of the rules enforcement sucks.

I'm also not convinced that it's rules enforcement is going to handle all things correctly.

The community sucks too, but that's really just a feature of having no stake in any of the games, so a "friendly" game between two randos means one drops the second he starts losing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Wezlar posted:

Just out of curiosity what do you dislike about it? Beyond the bugs/missing cards (drat you painter bug!!!) I've never really had any problems playing and I really like having rules enforcement vs something like cockatrice.

^ It doesn't, forbidden orchard was giving people 2x tokens for a while during the vintage series lol.

I'll speak for myself, sharing the same sentiment as TH, but xmage has easily one of the worst UX of any app I've ever used in my life.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Wezlar posted:

Similar to Hare above, it's got a terrible UI, but more so is just the fact that Magic is not all that fun when on a computer system. All the checks are necessary, but it gets ridiculously obnoxious going "No, I don't want to do anything this step" again and again.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

Ramos posted:

All the checks are necessary, but it gets ridiculously obnoxious going "No, I don't want to do anything this step" again and again.

It's pretty much this. I'm sure with practice you could get faster and used to it, but that's not something I'm interested in spending time on.

Trilas
Sep 16, 2004

How about we just run the game on whatever program both players can agree on? "I hate XMage," to me at least, is as good a reason to play on Cockatrice as "it doesn't support or execute my card(s) correctly."

Edit: I've gotten used to XMage, as I use it a lot for testing, but I'd be very willing to use whatever if it meant more people playing.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
I don't give too much of a poo poo either way and my deck works in xmage. I'm all for using whatever, though.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

black potus posted:

THAT LEAVES THESE GUYS

I sent my list to Zoness two days ago, was I supposed to CC it to you?

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Archenteron posted:

I sent my list to Zoness two days ago, was I supposed to CC it to you?

nope i just missed your name

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
don't send anything to black potus because he is a participant

I am the neutral observer

also this thing:

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

My list has been sent.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Zoness posted:

don't send anything to black potus because he is a participant

I am the neutral observer

also this thing:

I cannot help but feel you have a bias towards Exalted oriented strategies over Zoo-like aggro strategies, Zoness. Care to comment on that?

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I think I might have to bow out. I'm going to be working a lot of overtime for the foreseeable future.
I'd be willing to do commentary though when I am available.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I have compiled everyone's decklists into a document.

I'm waiting for confirmation to release this compiled document.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Zoness posted:

I have compiled everyone's decklists into a document.

I'm waiting for confirmation to release this compiled document.

Did you add the sideboard that I left out of my original list?

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
fire away Zoness

round 1 pairings:
1) Kraus vs MySwan
2) Fingers McLongDong vs Trilas
3) pakman vs Viscardus
4) suicidesteve vs Ramos
5) black potus vs instantrunoffvote
6) Wezlar vs ChewyLSB
7) AgentSythe vs The March Hare
8) PhyrexianLibrarian vs MiddleEastBeast
9) Fiend Computer vs Grashnak
10) kizudarake vs Sigma-X
11) Archenteron vs Ranpire
12) wildfire1 vs C-Euro
13) Elyv vs TheKingOfSprings
14) TheLawinator vs Molybdenum

Trilas
Sep 16, 2004

Fingers McLongDong, let us do glorious wizard battle. Tomorrow night works really well for me, as does Saturday morning/afternoon and Sunday evening.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

black potus posted:

fire away Zoness

round 1 pairings:
4) suicidesteve vs Ramos

So is the idea that we're going into our matches blind? Because I like that a lot more than having everyone know I'm on
Shops and mulling to Force.

Anyway, apparently we have to battle. Does Thursday night work for you?

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Trilas posted:

Fingers McLongDong, let us do glorious wizard battle. Tomorrow night works really well for me, as does Saturday morning/afternoon and Sunday evening.

Saturday morning is a no go, but I can try to find time tomorrow evening, from around 7-10:30 est. If not then we can do Sunday.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
lists will be public once zoness gets them up. we'll all mull to force anyway.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

drat I was hoping for non-public lists, at least for the first round

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
hm, do people in general want to do non-public until round 2? i'm up for that if everyone's generally ok with it.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I just woke up I can hold off on lists if that's what people want too!

also afk on my way to work now

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

suicidesteve posted:

So is the idea that we're going into our matches blind? Because I like that a lot more than having everyone know I'm on
Shops and mulling to Force.

Anyway, apparently we have to battle. Does Thursday night work for you?

Sure, I'll be on between 6PM - 9PM and then 10:30PM to whenever I fall asleep, EST. I'll be on mtgoon.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

kizudarake posted:

Did you add the sideboard that I left out of my original list?

yes

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

TKOS beat me 2-0, game 1 was pretty close and I stalled out pretty hard g2.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
2-0 vs Elyv

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008
We have to do round 1 blind now, since there are already completed matches.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

black potus posted:

fire away Zoness

round 1 pairings:
7) AgentSythe vs The March Hare

I'm good to do this any time, any place - just let me know :).

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.

Zoness posted:

I just woke up I can hold off on lists if that's what people want too!

also afk on my way to work now

I would rather not. It seems pointless for lists to be secret for only one round. All it does is randomly give some people a slight benefit for one round.

Kraus posted:

We have to do round 1 blind now, since there are already completed matches.

Not Gangsines or Zoness's fault if some people jumped the gun. :colbert:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Well I mean lists would be known to some extent after one round anyway.

All I'm saying is I have all the lists.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
kizu I can be available tonight from like 8-12 california time. hit me up on steam or the #mtgoon irc

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Sigma-X

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
http://strawpoll.me/4182792 vote for if you want decklists round 1 yipes they're going up round 2 one way or another

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
Hey MiddleEastBeast, I'm online right now if you want to get our game in, otherwise it may have to wait until the weekend.

Edit: Also, are we back on the default XMage server or is there still a goon-run one?

PhyrexianLibrarian fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Apr 22, 2015

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
it's 8-1 for keeping lists private rd 1 so we're gonna keep them. they are going up w/ rd 2 though.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Wildfire I could probably swing something tonight, and my deck sucks so it'll be a quick one. PM me, otherwise I'll be on and off IRC tonight.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

Edit: Also, are we back on the default XMage server or is there still a goon-run one?

i've been using ring0.cc march's stopped working right at some point

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Sigma-X posted:

kizu I can be available tonight from like 8-12 california time. hit me up on steam or the #mtgoon irc

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Sigma-X

Yeah, I'm already at work/getting ready for work by then, so we may have to wait until the weekend. I can try to stay up Friday night, or we can work something out for Saturday/Sunday.

MySwan
Jan 7, 2015

black potus posted:

1) Kraus vs MySwan

yo. you ever on irc? Im good tonight (late), tomorrow night (late), and Friday morning and late night. I do nor know about Sunday, but will soon.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I beat Chewy 2-1. Games 1 and 2 were pretty crazy and went 20ish turns. Game 3 was not as fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

Hey MiddleEastBeast, I'm online right now if you want to get our game in, otherwise it may have to wait until the weekend.

Weekend is good for me. Do you know (ballpark) what time would work for you from now? That way I can block it off and make sure I'm free. Also when I'm online I'll generally try to be on IRC (as meb) in both #mtgoon and #mtgthunderdome on SynIRC if it's easier for you to contact me that way.

Also just FYI I'm most likely free anytime today (Thursday) with sufficient warning and Friday later in the afternoon/anytime in the evening.

edit: Are we doing particular time limits? 25min per player per match? Or is it cool to set arbitrarily high time limits to get rid of wins due to time?

MiddleEastBeast fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Apr 23, 2015

• Locked thread