Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler

black potus posted:

fire away Zoness

round 1 pairings:
9) Fiend Computer vs Grashnak

I'm on IRC so feel free to PM me whenever you are free. I'm in Australia so timezones may get awkward but I should be available for most of Saturday and Sunday for me (which should be Friday and Saturday evenings for the US).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

MiddleEastBeast posted:

edit: Are we doing particular time limits? 25min per player per match? Or is it cool to set arbitrarily high time limits to get rid of wins due to time?

set at least 40m or w/e per player. i have mine set to 60.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

MiddleEastBeast posted:

Weekend is good for me. Do you know (ballpark) what time would work for you from now? That way I can block it off and make sure I'm free. Also when I'm online I'll generally try to be on IRC (as meb) in both #mtgoon and #mtgthunderdome on SynIRC if it's easier for you to contact me that way.

Let's aim for tonight, I'm pretty sure I'll be around. I'll hop into IRC when I'm ready to go.

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008

MySwan posted:

yo. you ever on irc? Im good tonight (late), tomorrow night (late), and Friday morning and late night. I do nor know about Sunday, but will soon.

Late night Friday might work.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

black potus posted:

11) Archenteron vs Ranpire

You're on IRC eveningtimes, right? Same name on IRC?

Trilas
Sep 16, 2004

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Saturday morning is a no go, but I can try to find time tomorrow evening, from around 7-10:30 est. If not then we can do Sunday.

I get home about 7:30 est, so I'll hop on irc then.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Hey im around to enter with a gameloss if someone drops.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Ramos posted:

Sure, I'll be on between 6PM - 9PM and then 10:30PM to whenever I fall asleep, EST. I'll be on mtgoon.

I'm on now whenever you're ready.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

suicidesteve posted:

I'm on now whenever you're ready.

Yeah, I'm not seeing your username in the chatroom or on Xmage.

edit: Never mind.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Ramos posted:

Yeah, I'm not seeing your username in the chatroom or on Xmage.

edit: Never mind.

2/1 here. Good games. :)

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Steve won, 2-1.

Wasteland off the top hurts. It hurts bad, man.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Ramos posted:

Steve won, 2-1.

Wasteland off the top hurts. It hurts bad, man.

I fetched to thin my deck, you see. Never let anyone tell you thinning isn't worth the life.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Trilas posted:

I get home about 7:30 est, so I'll hop on irc then.

Computer decided to update and I need to actually put my list together on xmage but I shouldn't be long.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Wildfire tonight is probably OK too. Will pop into IRC a few times to find you.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
MiddleEastBeast, face me!

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

So I forgot about this and never submitted a list. I'm at work for the next 8 hours or so, can submit after that then game on. If I've missed it, no biggie.

E: sorry c-euro

Flea Bargain fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Apr 24, 2015

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

wildfire1 posted:

So I forgot about this and never submitted a list. I'm at work for the next 8 hours or so, can submit after that then game on. If I've missed it, no biggie.

Personally I'm fine, this is like the one weekend for the next month where I'll actually have some free time so we have plenty of times where we can go at it.

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

C-Euro posted:

Personally I'm fine, this is like the one weekend for the next month where I'll actually have some free time so we have plenty of times where we can go at it.

Awesome. I also have plenty of time, so I'll sort my list then hang in IRC when I can.

Trilas
Sep 16, 2004

Fingers McLongDong defeated me 2-1

The games were fun, long, and close. Not much else can be asked of magic: the gathering. Maybe next round I'll even look at my opponent's hand size before casting Thoughtseize!

Well played, Fingers, and much luck to you in the rounds to come.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Trilas posted:

Fingers McLongDong defeated me 2-1

The games were fun, long, and close. Not much else can be asked of magic: the gathering. Maybe next round I'll even look at my opponent's hand size before casting Thoughtseize!

Well played, Fingers, and much luck to you in the rounds to come.

Confirming this, was fun and one of the more interesting games I've played in a while. Both timers went down to only a few minutes without slow play, just a lot of back and forth. Good luck!

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

The March Hare posted:

I'm good to do this any time, any place - just let me know :).

whatchu got tomorrow or this weekend?

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

@Molybdenum I am ready to play the game, let me know when you are prepared to play the game.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

AgentSythe posted:

whatchu got tomorrow or this weekend?

I've got a call tomorrow at either 4 or 7 eastern, I think 7. Otherwise I'm free. Weekend is less clear.

MySwan
Jan 7, 2015

Kraus posted:

Late night Friday might work.

sounds good, watch the thread i guess

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

MiddleEastBeast, face me!

gah sorry I went to the library (probably like 20min before you posted at 1:30pm) and was working on a group project the rest of the day. I'll probably be doing the same most of today (Friday). We can just shoot for the weekend like you'd originally suggested.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
My availability next week is going to be weird as poo poo. Sunday night, I go in at 11 and work a 12 hour shift, Monday, I go in at midnight and work an 8-11 hr shift, then am off till 8 am wednesday, when we drive 2 hours for refresher training, and stay overnight till Thursday evening for more training, then I'm back in from 3-11 pm Friday afternoon.

Fitting in next round is going to suuuuck.

Ranpire
Nov 6, 2012

Archenteron posted:

You're on IRC eveningtimes, right? Same name on IRC?

Hi! Not on evenings at the moment due to crazy work schedule, Ranmilia on IRC, you had the right person but I wasn't there tonight. Right now I'm available late nights through noontime-ish (NA times), and I can probably swing evenings again going into next week. Let me know if there's a certain time you'd prefer! Also, I can't use Xmage so we'll need to play on Cockatrice.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

TheLawinator posted:

@Molybdenum I am ready to play the game, let me know when you are prepared to play the game.

I need to create my deck in xmage, but how's late Saturday or Sunday look for you?

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
instantrunoffvote when works for you?

instantrunoffvote
Jul 23, 2007

black potus posted:

instantrunoffvote when works for you?

I can do pretty much anything during the daytime PST.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

instantrunoffvote posted:

I can do pretty much anything during the daytime PST.

i'll be sitting in irc, i'll get off work in ~6 hrs

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

Molybdenum posted:

I need to create my deck in xmage, but how's late Saturday or Sunday look for you?

No problem. I am writing research papers at all hours so I will probably need a break at some point.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

kizudarake posted:

My availability next week is going to be weird as poo poo. Sunday night, I go in at 11 and work a 12 hour shift, Monday, I go in at midnight and work an 8-11 hr shift, then am off till 8 am wednesday, when we drive 2 hours for refresher training, and stay overnight till Thursday evening for more training, then I'm back in from 3-11 pm Friday afternoon.

Fitting in next round is going to suuuuck.

What works for you this weekend?

MySwan
Jan 7, 2015
Paging Kraus, paging Kraus, you around? I'll be up for another 30 mins, and I'm free sunday turns out

MySwan fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Apr 25, 2015

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Sigma-X posted:

KIZUDARAKU WHERE YOU AT-U

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Sigma-X posted:

I'm free right now, if you are, and I plan on being around till around 4 am central time.

#mtgoon on irc.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

kizudarake posted:

I'm free right now, if you are, and I plan on being around till around 4 am central time.

#mtgoon on irc.

2-0 me, remember to set the match timer to 50 minutes though folks! xmage defaults to 40 for god knows what loving reason.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Sigma-X posted:

2-0 me, remember to set the match timer to 50 minutes though folks! xmage defaults to 40 for god knows what loving reason.

My esteemed opponent had the timers at 25, not forty, but he probably had it anyway. GGs, dude.

And if you want to throw that money away after Tastee fucks up anyway, I need a playset of Serra ascendants. :)

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

TheLawinator posted:

No problem. I am writing research papers at all hours so I will probably need a break at some point.

I'll be putting my kid to bed at 7pm-7:30pm EST tonight. How's 8/8:30 sound to you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Molybdenum posted:

I'll be putting my kid to bed at 7pm-7:30pm EST tonight. How's 8/8:30 sound to you?

Aight, coolio.

• Locked thread