Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Signing up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I wish, but the Power 9 is banned in Legacy.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Archenteron posted:

Note to self: Figure out bad legacy list today

e: Got one :kheldragar:

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/greg-hatchs-mono-u-martyr/

It doesn't get much shittier than this.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

AgentSythe posted:

Greg Hatch is a national treasure and this is the greatest deck of all time

e: i mean jesus christ, FOUR Sky Hussar. I've even seen him put one into play and attack with it.

Why would you ever toss away your draw engine? Also, you know what? I might go with that as my deck, albeit with improvements. That Aether Vial doesn't seem to be doing much good.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Wezlar posted:

Just out of curiosity what do you dislike about it? Beyond the bugs/missing cards (drat you painter bug!!!) I've never really had any problems playing and I really like having rules enforcement vs something like cockatrice.

Similar to Hare above, it's got a terrible UI, but more so is just the fact that Magic is not all that fun when on a computer system. All the checks are necessary, but it gets ridiculously obnoxious going "No, I don't want to do anything this step" again and again.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Zoness posted:

don't send anything to black potus because he is a participant

I am the neutral observer

also this thing:

I cannot help but feel you have a bias towards Exalted oriented strategies over Zoo-like aggro strategies, Zoness. Care to comment on that?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

suicidesteve posted:

So is the idea that we're going into our matches blind? Because I like that a lot more than having everyone know I'm on
Shops and mulling to Force.

Anyway, apparently we have to battle. Does Thursday night work for you?

Sure, I'll be on between 6PM - 9PM and then 10:30PM to whenever I fall asleep, EST. I'll be on mtgoon.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

suicidesteve posted:

I'm on now whenever you're ready.

Yeah, I'm not seeing your username in the chatroom or on Xmage.

edit: Never mind.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Steve won, 2-1.

Wasteland off the top hurts. It hurts bad, man.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Kraus, I'm open after six on just about any day of the week.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Kraus posted:

Wait, I dropped. Did that get missed?

Oh, well, we were paired up, but I guess so. Yay, free 2-0?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Will be on mtgoon all this week after 6PM EST, instantrunoffvote.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

instantrunoffvote posted:

Ramos, when do you want to run our match? I'm free daytimes Pacific time, or elsewhen by arrangement.

Ramos posted:

Will be on mtgoon all this week after 6PM EST, instantrunoffvote.

Though I've made plans, so Thursday or the weekend should do.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I'm still on mtgoon, instantrunoffvote.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I'm usually in mtgoon past 6PM EST as usual, Chewy.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

2-1 against Chewy with me winning.

Baleful Strix is an rear end and a half.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Confirming.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

black potus posted:

Ramos vs suicidesteve

Revenge time! I haven't forgotten about that top decked wasteland. :black101:

But yeah, I'll be on mtgoon all weekend long after ~6PM EST today?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Presently on mtgoon, though if we can't make it today, I can fit in some time on Wednesday or Friday of this week.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Well, the past week didn't quite work out. Would you be up for a match this Sunday, Steve?

Ramos fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jun 25, 2015

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Any other times you might be available then?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I guess it will have to be at nine then, I won't be available until then.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

2-0, my win.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

For the record, in the second game, I was holding onto a Vines of Vastwood still along with a pair of Dazes. No idea how big of a difference that would have made based on your hand though.

Ramos fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jun 26, 2015

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I'll be on mtgoon all weekend long after 6PM EST today as usual.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

wildfire1 posted:

You had one job... One job!

Hey, just wishing you luck, because I only have one wasteland in my 75.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Lawinator, just for the record, I will not be able to play Thursday through Saturday this week. Family and 4th of July stuff and that jazz. Any other time after 6PM EST on the weekdays and whenever on the weekend, just suggest it.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

My strategy of having my opponents default out has worked twice already. :v:

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Does neither Cockatrice nor Xmage work on chromebook? If nothing else, we can certainly do it by email, but that's going to be clunky and slow as hell.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

No idea, never used it. I can check into it after work though in two or so hours.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

It works, it's just janky as hell.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Um, how about Sunday? Like I said, I'm booked this Thursday through Saturday with family.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Alright, what times on Saturday are you available? Might be able to work something out.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Well, I'm available then at 20GMT. Should I expect you on IRC?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I'm available 4PM EST and later on weekdays. Won't be available Saturday though because I'm either going to be at prerelease or half dead from prerelease. Should be good to go all Sunday long though.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Let's aim for Tuesday then. I'm good from 4PM to 8PM and 9PM to whenever I sleep that day.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

wildfire1 posted:

Sounds good.

E: we can play right now if you're awake?

Nah, have to run to work.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

wildfire1 posted:

Isn't it 4am where you are?

Yes, but it's also not 4AM in India and there's a meeting over there at a sane hour of the day that I have to attend by video. On the other hand, I'm going to be able to eat lunch at the same I leave work.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

2-1, I win.

Here is the final screenshot of a game where absolutely everything hosed up at every turn for both of us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

God drat it.

• Locked thread