Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
So whenever I log in to xmage and connect to woogerworks while I'm in the deck editor, my connection dies after about 5-10min. Does that say something about my connection or is woogerworks poo poo and whatever server we end up using much better? Or is it because I'm not connecting to games so I'm timing out? I'm fine with using Cockatrice, just wondering if this is a common issue with woogerworks only or something just on my end.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

Hey MiddleEastBeast, I'm online right now if you want to get our game in, otherwise it may have to wait until the weekend.

Edit: Also, are we back on the default XMage server or is there still a goon-run one?

Weekend is good for me. Do you know (ballpark) what time would work for you from now? That way I can block it off and make sure I'm free. Also when I'm online I'll generally try to be on IRC (as meb) in both #mtgoon and #mtgthunderdome on SynIRC if it's easier for you to contact me that way.

Also just FYI I'm most likely free anytime today (Thursday) with sufficient warning and Friday later in the afternoon/anytime in the evening.

edit: Are we doing particular time limits? 25min per player per match? Or is it cool to set arbitrarily high time limits to get rid of wins due to time?

MiddleEastBeast fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Apr 23, 2015

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

MiddleEastBeast, face me!

gah sorry I went to the library (probably like 20min before you posted at 1:30pm) and was working on a group project the rest of the day. I'll probably be doing the same most of today (Friday). We can just shoot for the weekend like you'd originally suggested.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

Elyv posted:

I'm on IRC a lot and usually down to jam a match or two, if you're willing to play against a deck that probably no one else is playing

I'll find you on IRC probably sometime this evening to jam our match.

Also lol at us being paired after we've played like 10 matches vs each other in the last week.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
Never feeling comfortable for a second and always assuming I was presenting lethal a turn too slow, I somehow defeated Elyv, 2-1.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

We're still in the middle of round 2, right?

yup

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
We might make it to the top 8 before 4th of July!

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

Archenteron posted:

We keep meeting on IRC, going "We should play our match" "Yeah, we really should" and then putting it off. Should hopefully get that done in the next two days by when they do, yeah.

When you wanna play yo. I'm on IRC usually as meb.

edit: god dammit, 4 horsemen? gangsines please to be pairing me with a normal deck in round 4, thanks :)

MiddleEastBeast fucked around with this message at 01:12 on May 12, 2015

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

Archenteron posted:

We keep meeting on IRC, going "We should play our match" "Yeah, we really should" and then putting it off. Should hopefully get that done in the next two days by when they do, yeah.

Hey PMed you but pinging you here too in case you don't check 'em often. I'm on IRC all night and free to play if you are.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
Archenteron beat me, 2-1. Game 1 I rode Tarmogoyf fueled by his Mesmeric Orb to a quick win while he struggled to assemble his combo. Games 2 and 3 he sideboarded into even more (and different) unfair stuff that caught me off guard (Show and Tell into Emrakul game 2, Painter/Grindclock game 3) and I didn't have much going on except a meaningless Grafdigger's Cage. I should probably pay more attention to the sideboards in posted decklists.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

black potus posted:

round 4:
Fingers McLongDong vs MiddleEastBeast

Fingers McLongDong: I'm on vacation in Vegas for the week until next Wednesday. I most likely can't commit to any time between now and then but if the thread is okay with waiting and it's alright with you, I could potentially do that Wednesday evening the 27th in the evening/night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

Fingers McLongDong posted:

It's fine with me as long as it's ok with everyone else. That evening is also good woth with me.

You know, I'm scooping to you and need to withdraw altogether. My laptop is having serious issues staying on and I got nothing else to use when I get back from vacation. I'll be back for the next legacy thunderdome.

• Locked thread