Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
I'm totally in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Wezlar posted:

Just out of curiosity what do you dislike about it? Beyond the bugs/missing cards (drat you painter bug!!!) I've never really had any problems playing and I really like having rules enforcement vs something like cockatrice.

It's ugly and clunky as hell, and the fact that it doesn't support a bunch of legacy cards because of the rules enforcement sucks.

I'm also not convinced that it's rules enforcement is going to handle all things correctly.

The community sucks too, but that's really just a feature of having no stake in any of the games, so a "friendly" game between two randos means one drops the second he starts losing.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
I don't give too much of a poo poo either way and my deck works in xmage. I'm all for using whatever, though.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
kizu I can be available tonight from like 8-12 california time. hit me up on steam or the #mtgoon irc

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Sigma-X

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

kizudarake posted:

My availability next week is going to be weird as poo poo. Sunday night, I go in at 11 and work a 12 hour shift, Monday, I go in at midnight and work an 8-11 hr shift, then am off till 8 am wednesday, when we drive 2 hours for refresher training, and stay overnight till Thursday evening for more training, then I'm back in from 3-11 pm Friday afternoon.

Fitting in next round is going to suuuuck.

What works for you this weekend?

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Sigma-X posted:

What works for you this weekend?

KIZUDARAKU WHERE YOU AT-U

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

kizudarake posted:

I'm free right now, if you are, and I plan on being around till around 4 am central time.

#mtgoon on irc.

2-0 me, remember to set the match timer to 50 minutes though folks! xmage defaults to 40 for god knows what loving reason.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
March Hare let's play a magic

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Beat March Hare 2-1. Game 3 he mulled to 4 and couldn't find a green source before I cast ulamog to kill his port to cast emrakul next turn.

e: you got me with marit lage game 2

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Steve, let me know your availability. I'm available in the evenings PST time mon/wed/thurs and can be available on the weekend as well.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

suicidesteve posted:

Are you around now?

yes.

I'm in mtgoon and will be idling there for a while. Might play a dota, hit me up on Steam if I'm not responding

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Sigma-X

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

suicidesteve posted:

Either I'm in the wrong place (likely) or I'm not seeing you. Also not seeing you on Steam.

we found each other on steam and agreed to play tonight and now I'm just waiting on him. it's tricky for us because I work until 7:00 PST and he's EST. We should have our game tonight or if not this weekend.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

suicidesteve posted:

Not going to be around tonight. Sunday, remember? I work at midnight so you getting home at 1030 doesn't work very well for me.

oh right. I have no memory :v:

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Beat suicidesteve 2-1.

lost g1 because I managed to skip his turn and not cast a moment's peace. Game 2 he goes T1 delver, T2 brainstorm seeing no lands and I have infinite time to do 12-posty things. game 3 we're both on 1 mana forever thanks to many wastelands, including my own, and he skips a turn in there completely (again, gently caress xmage) but I get rolling with primetimes after he counters like 3 things and flashes back ancient grudge (which was super value this game) and get to play candelabra / post shenanigans.

e: my 12-post deck in this format is pretty jank because I'm testing things for my IRL mono-green 12 post and I have to say I think ancient stirrings is pretty legit. It is a bit scary not having a full set of vesuvas though, I can't chain glimmerposts into timewalks forever and I have markedly less life to play with as a result. It hasn't affected my ability to win yet but I can see it being problematic against burn and grixis delver.

Sigma-X fucked around with this message at 01:16 on May 17, 2015

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
wildfire I can be available tonight after 7:30 PST

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

wildfire1 posted:

Hey, sorry - life has been crazy. I'm online now (I know it's late for you). Is there another time this week that's good for you? I'll be idling in #mtgoon when I can.

Life has also been crazy for me. I can be available this week from 8-12pm california time, or sometime this weekend.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Beat wildfire1 2-1.

Game 1 he gets the beats and does the RUG delver thing while I flop around.

Game 2 he has double wasteland and the stifle for my ex map, and beats on me with a delver and casts a sulfuric vortex. However, I resolve a primetime at 3 life and get glacial chasm and another land, buying me a turn against his v-clique and delver and vortex, then untap into an ugin to wipe his board and swing for double glimmerpost to put me back to 15.

Game 3 he keeps a 1 lander and my first draw is my singleton wasteland. He misses land drop 2 and I waste his volc. He has turn 1 delver flip but has to force a crucible of worlds the next turn (another singleton!) and I build up while he never draws a land and delver can't race glimmerposts into the eventual primetime.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Hey Lawn,

I moved this weekend and don't have my computer set up yet. If you let me know you're available tonight I can make it a priority, otherwise outside of a late night window on tuesday, I won't be available again until thursday night.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Hey Lawn,

I'll be on tonight, alternatively I guess we can split since we're cutting to a top8? IDGAF I think we're a lock no matter what.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

suicidesteve posted:

We figured it out. If everyone at 9 points splits, one person will get knocked out by Agentsythe.

Lawn and I will have 12-13 points depending on whether we play and lose or draw so I don't think we affect your 9 point splits in any way.

Also get on steam so we can figure out a time for CYOS

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

suicidesteve posted:

Well I can play right now but Steam isn't working so xmage Woogerworks, goons/mcmagic.

I'm at work for a few more hours still :(

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

The March Hare posted:

Hoo boy squeakin' it on in, I'm available whenever sigma. Let me know when you'll be free and I'll get on IRC around then.

My weekend plans are rapidly disintegrating so I might have free time tonight and throughout the weekend. Otherwise I work 10-7 mon-fri cali time.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Sigma-X posted:

My weekend plans are rapidly disintegrating so I might have free time tonight and throughout the weekend. Otherwise I work 10-7 mon-fri cali time.

I'm on right now, gonna play some Steam Games and will check IRC periodically.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
I'm on again, it's about 12:50 saturday afternoon cali time.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
2-0. I'm so glad I have this singleton waste and singleton crucible, they're going in my IRL 12-post deck because they've been invaluable every time.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

wildfire1 posted:

Sweet, onwards to t4! Please don't pair me against tron again kthx

I can be available any time through this weekend with advanced notice as I'm on vacation.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

wildfire1 posted:

You had one job... One job!

I'm not Tron he didn't disappoint you :)

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

wildfire1 posted:

Yeah I noticed that earlier but because you quoted it I didn't bother fixing it! I'm game to play, but times are tricky. I'm playing another match on your Sunday morning, but timing is tight. Otherwise, your Tuesday evening should work for me.

Tuesdays really bad. I'm home right now and will have the whole weekend available pretty much with enough advance warning.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

wildfire1 posted:

Early Sunday morning? Say, 9amish?

9am what time zone? California time I can do that no worries.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

wildfire1 posted:

Ah, no, it would be much earlier California time, sorry. I hate to push it back so far, but... Wednesday night?

Sorry for the late response - been a hectic weekend.

Evenings this week for me are pretty bad. If we can find a time before 9am Cali time that would work - that would put it in your evening I think?

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

wildfire1 posted:

Yeah, I can do that, but you'd have to be up early - 7am is my midnight.

I get it - if we do 6:30 my wednesday morning, that's your thursday 11:30pm, right?

It will suck to get up that early but I think it's better than waiting until next weekend.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

wildfire1 posted:

I think 6.30 your Wednesday is my Wednesday night, so that works. I can't easily double check since I'm phone posting but will have a look when I'm home.

Sounds good to me if it aligns with your schedule.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
getting some sleep, should be awake in like 8 hours for our game wildfire!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
0-2 in two completely non-interactive games wherein I mull to GSZ/5 lands game 1 and never draw a non-land except for a turn 5 exploration, and game 2 where I mull to 5 and wildfire flips t1 delver into t2 tarmogoyf. and I never cast a spell until a panic primetime as my first castable spell having had to use vesuva to get a green source the turn before I die.

good luck in the finals man, the magic gods clearly did not want me to have a chance here.

• Locked thread