Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

I'm in and I'll not be playing Jund. I'll go with either Bant or RUG depending on what other people play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

So should I be posting a list here, or what?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

My list has been sent.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

black potus posted:

fire away Zoness

round 1 pairings:
4) suicidesteve vs Ramos

So is the idea that we're going into our matches blind? Because I like that a lot more than having everyone know I'm on
Shops and mulling to Force.

Anyway, apparently we have to battle. Does Thursday night work for you?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Ramos posted:

Sure, I'll be on between 6PM - 9PM and then 10:30PM to whenever I fall asleep, EST. I'll be on mtgoon.

I'm on now whenever you're ready.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Ramos posted:

Yeah, I'm not seeing your username in the chatroom or on Xmage.

edit: Never mind.

2/1 here. Good games. :)

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Ramos posted:

Steve won, 2-1.

Wasteland off the top hurts. It hurts bad, man.

I fetched to thin my deck, you see. Never let anyone tell you thinning isn't worth the life.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

black potus posted:

suicidesteve (3 pts) vs MySwan (3 pts)

Let's battle! I'm good through this coming Monday after dinner time EST except Friday. After that I'll have to wait to see my new schedule.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

MySwan posted:

you around tonight? Like now?

Probably closer to 9.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

MySwan posted:

Its a date then?

Sure! My Xmage isn't working because reasons so we'll have to use stupid Cockatrice. Meet on mtglegacygoon or whatever the channel is?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

MySwan posted:

I was just about to say my xmage is on the fritz! And its mtgthunderdome

2/1 over MySwan in some really good games. True-Name ruined game 2, as he tends to do, but I had a RUG Delver draw game 3 and there's not much that beats that.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Sigma-X posted:

Steve, let me know your availability. I'm available in the evenings PST time mon/wed/thurs and can be available on the weekend as well.

Wednesday probably works best. We might have to do Thursday though depending on what I've got going on.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Sigma-X posted:

Steve, let me know your availability. I'm available in the evenings PST time mon/wed/thurs and can be available on the weekend as well.

Are you around now?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Sigma-X posted:

yes.

I'm in mtgoon and will be idling there for a while. Might play a dota, hit me up on Steam if I'm not responding

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Sigma-X

Either I'm in the wrong place (likely) or I'm not seeing you. Also not seeing you on Steam.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Sigma-X posted:

we found each other on steam and agreed to play tonight and now I'm just waiting on him. it's tricky for us because I work until 7:00 PST and he's EST. We should have our game tonight or if not this weekend.

Not going to be around tonight. Sunday, remember? I work at midnight so you getting home at 1030 doesn't work very well for me.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Sigma-X posted:

oh right. I have no memory :v:

No big deal. I wouldn't have been able to do anything today. My daughter is being a Satan. Of course now that my wife is home she's happy as a bag of wigs. :argh:

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

1/2 to Sigma-X. 3 bad mulls to 6 and terrible draws. Hooray variance!

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Sigma-X posted:

Beat suicidesteve 2-1.

lost g1 because I managed to skip his turn and not cast a moment's peace. Game 2 he goes T1 delver, T2 brainstorm seeing no lands and I have infinite time to do 12-posty things. game 3 we're both on 1 mana forever thanks to many wastelands, including my own, and he skips a turn in there completely (again, gently caress xmage) but I get rolling with primetimes after he counters like 3 things and flashes back ancient grudge (which was super value this game) and get to play candelabra / post shenanigans.

Yeah, the whole not drawing any colored lands or creatures or cantrips or relevant cards outside of Wasteland game 3 for 10 turns kinda screwed me, as well as drawing 4 lands in a row once I finally did draw a fetch for my Trop.

I probably would have skipped my turn anyway. I drew Ponder which seemed worse than keeping up Stifle against your Wasteland. It's just pretty annoying that it kinda decided to skip it without me telling it to?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

He 1/2'd me.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

black potus posted:

round 4:

suicidesteve vs kizudarake

:sigh: Well enjoy your bye. I'm around tonight and next week. I'm going out of town for the weekend.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

kizudarake posted:

I'm in the IRC right now

Meet me on one of the Thunderdomes or just join goons/mcmagic on Woogerworks.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

kizudarake posted:

Steve got it, 2-0. He outplayed me while trying to keep his daughter happy.

I finally got her to calm down right around the time I Rough'd. I found a cartoon for her to watch (Futurama) and she's happy as crap now. And to be fair, my draw game 2 turned out really good compared to yours. I kept 3 fetches, Delver, Rough/Tumble, and Sulfur Elemental, so pretty much if I got to 3 mana, I was winning that game. That was why I Pondered with your Spirit out; I really, really needed to hit my 3rd land. If you had another Wasteland or a Port in that game, I was going to lose. Even a Swords would have given you a while to draw into something. GGs either way and good luck in the next rounds.

My game 1 draw worked out pretty well. This was literally the only matchup where I'm happy to keep the hand I kept, which was like Volc, Stifle, Daze, Ponder, Brainstorm, Bolt, Fire/Ice. I Dazed his Vial and tried to Brainstorm with the mana I floated, but apparently hitting OK to clear the stack passes through the phase or something? Has anyone else run into this? I'm 100% sure I floated blue mana. Either way it worked out, it's just annoying. My sideboard cards cleaned up game 2. Rough getting Spirit of the Labyrinth, Thalia, and Stoneforge, followed by Sulfur Elemental in response to Mangara did some work.

A few things to take note of:
Armageddon is probably not what you want against Delvers. Even in your case where you're the better mana denial deck, between Spell Pierce, Daze, and my own Wastelands you're not likely to resolve a 4-mana spell. Even if you play around Daze by having 5 mana, if I do Daze it, I've got a huge advantage just by having a land in my hand.
Thalia has First Strike, so you had free attacks into my Delver there. It wasn't relevant in that game, but it was a few damage that could have mattered.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

black potus posted:

IT'S THE FINAL ROUNDDOWN

suicidesteve (9 pts) vs PhyrexianLibrarian (9 pts)

Are we doing a top 8 for this?

Rather than try to describe my schedule I'll just ask when you're available. This is a decent week for me as far as being free at reasonable times goes.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

I'm online tonight trying to crush someone in Modern, so I'll be around on IRC whenever I'm ready to game.

Same but I probably won't be done with that match until around 1130 or so.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

I'm online tonight trying to crush someone in Modern, so I'll be around on IRC whenever I'm ready to game.

So when are we doing this?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

I'm online now if you can deal with me eating while I play.

If my last opponent can deal with me keeping a 4-month-old happy while playing, I can deal with you eating.

As long as I don't have to listen to you chewing.

suicidesteve fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jun 11, 2015

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Phyrexianlibrarian and I split.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Sigma-X posted:

Hey Lawn,

I'll be on tonight, alternatively I guess we can split since we're cutting to a top8? IDGAF I think we're a lock no matter what.

We figured it out. If everyone at 9 points splits, one person will get knocked out by Agentsythe.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Sigma-X posted:

Lawn and I will have 12-13 points depending on whether we play and lose or draw so I don't think we affect your 9 point splits in any way.

Also get on steam so we can figure out a time for CYOS

Well I can play right now but Steam isn't working so xmage Woogerworks, goons/mcmagic.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

AgentSythe posted:

Sorry dudes, y'all didn't tell me you were splitting

Hey, it's not like you didn't have a 3/1 record too. You just got paired down. There's no reason not to play and try to get into the top 8. Besides, we all knew you had won so we knew, or could have figured out anyway, that someone at 10 wasn't going to make it.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

wildfire1 posted:

wildfire1 2-0 Fingers McLongDong

Apparently the secret tech against D&T is to draw 10 lands in your Delver deck, who knew?

Yeah, pretty much. Your mana denial plan is how you win against Delver, especially RUG. If that doesn't work, you're stuck playing fair games with your 2/1s against their 6/7s.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Ramos posted:

Revenge time! I haven't forgotten about that top decked wasteland. :black101:

I won't be able to play until at least Monday. I'll post when I have a better idea of what's going on.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Ramos posted:

Revenge time! I haven't forgotten about that top decked wasteland. :black101:

But yeah, I'll be on mtgoon all weekend long after ~6PM EST today?

So I'll be around tomorrow night (Sunday night/Monday morning) after my modern match. I'm working 4-12 EST Sunday so we're (hopefully) doing the whole Father's Day thing on Monday, but I'm relatively open Tuesday. I think the week is somewhat open for me after that, too.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

suicidesteve posted:

I won't be able to play until at least Monday. I'll post when I have a better idea of what's going on.

So I'm around tonight for a while and Tuesday-Thursday until around 10 PM EST.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Ramos posted:

Well, the past week didn't quite work out. Would you be up for a match this Sunday, Steve?

I work til 8 am and it's my 2nd anniversary so probably not. If it's late enough maybe.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Ramos posted:

Any other times you might be available then?

Tonight from 8-930?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

0/2. Game 1 I mull to 5 before finding a colored land and lose to infinite creatures. Game 2 I mull to 6 and draw 0 of my like, 30 outs for 7 turns.

• Locked thread