Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Well it's April now and for everyone living in the correct hemisphere that means it's spring time! I've been brushing the cobwebs off my bikes and myself and thought I'd check the Riding Game to see what was going on there, but it turns out the answer is not much. So I thought we could try a weekly version of the game in addition to the other game that would allow people more time to participate in the challenges. It’s just a little different from the other riding game.

Game Rules:
  • Two challenges will be posted every Tuesday. One challenge will be easier/more general and one challenge will be difficult/specific/require creativity. Label your picture with which challenge you are doing.

• Tuesday-Sunday players take pictures or videos of the challenges and post them

• On Monday everyone who reads the thread can vote on their favorite picture of each of the two challenges. We’re currently discussing how to vote. If anyone has suggestions for a survey app or something that would be helpful

• Winners are tallied and each winner gets to select the next weeks challenge.

So it's a bit longer and open to many submissions for the same challenge, and then we'll all get to decide the best instead of the winner being whoever got to something and posted it first. In the case that someone who wins isn't around, myself or someone else looking after the thread will come up with a challenge for the week, or we could just take from an old one that worked well in the past. Not all that different from the other game....

Except unlike the other thread this game thread will have a few more rules:

Thread rules:
  • This is a picture game thread, not a chat thread. If you contribute a picture that week, you can contribute text. Anyone can vote but only contributors can yap yap in the thread.

• Text you contribute should discuss your pictures or other picture submissions. Easy on the side conversations. Before hitting post consider if anyone actually wants to read your drivel. I know drivel, I'm an expert at it. Just not here.

• Don't say it, Do it None of this “Oh man, I totally got this one!” We don't want to read about you (potentially, not actually) doing the challenge. We want to see it. Do it, and post it.

Simple enough, right? So here we go to get the ball rolling:

:derp: :siren: The Jim Silly-Balls Hot Air Kawi Versys Challenge: Your bike with something old. :siren: :derp:

:boom: :siren: The z3n Master Word Salad 1190 SuperDuke Challenge: Your bike with two wheels off the ground. :siren: :boom:

One more thing! Submissions for the Silly challenge must be new pics/videos, but for the Super challenge old pics/videos will be accepted so long as they are interesting and relevant. For example with this initial Super challenge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlABQnJ5fL0
Would be something old and lame but acceptable, whereas

Would be pretty lame

So tag your Silly or Super challenge submissions and let’s get this game started!

nsaP fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Apr 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

First silly challenge of the thread, setting the bar low so somebody better come along soon and beat it cause if this wins I'm going to be pretty disappointed in CA:

Something old:

Milkhouse Ford Rd

Backstory: the water crossing and road/trail in the background are part of what was Milkhouse Ford Road in DC which dates to the 18th century (about as old as anything in DC). Only bits and pieces of the road are left now as the street grid in DC has evolved. The water crossing could be used until 1996 until people became scared of water or something. Here's a link more information on the road if you're incredibly bored for some reason.

Now somebody hurry up and do something better than this. I've done what I'm good at - setting expectations pretty low.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Super Challenge: accepted

Vote Quimby

500excf type r fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Apr 11, 2015

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
My submission for both wheels off the ground challenge, money shot around 0:25 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-YaBtoljas

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
2 wheels are definitely off the ground in this pic but its a bit blurry

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

echomadman posted:

Was that one how you got hurt? Level of pain might be taken into consideration when voting and Hnasty already has the ball busting on his side. I'd say EX250 Type R has the pain of embarrassment but it seems like that hasn't sunk in yet.

E: Whoops, forgot where I was for a minute.

Koruthaiolos fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Apr 10, 2015

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Tsk.

I took a pic at an old market for the Silly challenge. That structure was built in like 1850 or something and its one of the oldest things in the city. But when I took the pic it said my phone was out of space and it seems to have saved a very blurry, small shot. Whoops.

echomadman posted:

Needs the aftermath picture as well.

nsaP fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Apr 10, 2015

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KYyDQeekQc

Upping the ante on you hnasty and echo. Why don't you ladies make some new content instead on reliving the past like some old men?

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

nsaP posted:

Well it's April now and for everyone living in the correct hemisphere that means it's spring time! I've been brushing the cobwebs off my bikes and myself and thought I'd check the Riding Game to see what was going on there, but it turns out the answer is not much. So I thought we could try a weekly version of the game in addition to the other game that would allow people more time to participate in the challenges. It’s just a little different from the other riding game.

Game Rules:
  • Two challenges will be posted every Tuesday. One challenge will be easier/more general and one challenge will be difficult/specific/require creativity. Label your picture with which challenge you are doing.

• Tuesday-Sunday players take pictures or videos of the challenges and post them

• On Monday everyone who reads the thread can vote on their favorite picture of each of the two challenges. We’re currently discussing how to vote. If anyone has suggestions for a survey app or something that would be helpful

• Winners are tallied and each winner gets to select the next weeks challenge.

So it's a bit longer and open to many submissions for the same challenge, and then we'll all get to decide the best instead of the winner being whoever got to something and posted it first. In the case that someone who wins isn't around, myself or someone else looking after the thread will come up with a challenge for the week, or we could just take from an old one that worked well in the past. Not all that different from the other game....

Except unlike the other thread this game thread will have a few more rules:

Thread rules:
  • This is a picture game thread, not a chat thread. If you contribute a picture that week, you can contribute text. Anyone can vote but only contributors can yap yap in the thread.

• Text you contribute should discuss your pictures or other picture submissions. Easy on the side conversations. Before hitting post consider if anyone actually wants to read your drivel. I know drivel, I'm an expert at it. Just not here.

• Don't say it, Do it None of this “Oh man, I totally got this one!” We don't want to read about you (potentially, not actually) doing the challenge. We want to see it. Do it, and post it.

Simple enough, right? So here we go to get the ball rolling:

:derp: :siren: The Jim Silly-Balls Hot Air Kawi Versys Challenge: Your bike with something old. :siren: :derp:

:boom: :siren: The z3n Master Word Salad 1190 SuperDuke Challenge: Your bike with two wheels off the ground. :siren: :boom:

One more thing! Submissions for the Silly challenge must be new pics/videos, but for the Super challenge old pics/videos will be accepted so long as they are interesting and relevant. For example with this initial Super challenge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlABQnJ5fL0
Would be something old and lame but acceptable, whereas

Would be pretty lame

So tag your Silly or Super challenge submissions and let’s get this game started!

Suddenly it occurred to me that the reason no one is posting in this thread is because they can't see the op

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

That's why I said somebody else should have been the OP. I thought nsaP was going to have someone else post it.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

If only people could overcome their personal biases and participate in the Jim Silly-Balls Hot Air Kawi Versys Challenge and the z3n Master Word Salad 1190 SuperDuke Challenge.

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

Oh, also, if you manage on your next try to actually jump over that pink tricycle you'll get my vote.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Koruthaiolos posted:

Oh, also, if you manage on your next try to actually jump over that pink tricycle you'll get my vote.

Come at me bro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeySoK1oLjI

(the wave at the end is to my neighbor who was just pulling into his driveway)

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

EX250 Type R posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KYyDQeekQc

Upping the ante on you hnasty and echo. Why don't you ladies make some new content instead on reliving the past like some old men?

Up the ante on your musical choices.

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Morons! I have morons on my payroll!
Posting this for Silly old challenge. Stegosauruses are old right? (It's Steggy from the Crankbrook Museum.)

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I have no idea what EX250 TypeR is insinuating, I am beloved by all forum users and posters I know.

Went back for some proper pics tonight. Didn't make it out to get 2 wheels off the ground tho, I am a lame.

Proper Market Pic:

Sign says 1852

Also got a few more pic.

Music Hall: Where music is born

Union Terminal: Where trains are born from

City Hall: Where...horseshit is born from

See look, there was some outside. Gotta watch out more for it in the city than rural

Fountain Square: Where fountains were born

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

According to some legends, Ohio is the birthplace of flight.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Well not today, it wasn't

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
I wanted to enter for the Super challenge this weekend, but this was the closest I got to getting two wheels off the ground with a camera around.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Okay so here we go for week one. For now you can vote just by posting in the thread, bold it to help me out.

:siren: A REMINDER THAT VOTING IS OPEN TO ANYONE READING THE THREAD, YOU DON'T NEED TO HAVE POSTED A PICTURE TO VOTE:siren:

Silly Challenges

Koruthaiolos posted:

First silly challenge of the thread, setting the bar low so somebody better come along soon and beat it cause if this wins I'm going to be pretty disappointed in CA:

Something old:

Milkhouse Ford Rd

Crayvex posted:

Posting this for Silly old challenge. Stegosauruses are old right? (It's Steggy from the Crankbrook Museum.)

nsaP posted:

Proper Market Pic:

z3n master flex Super challenges

nut shot

HNasty posted:

My submission for both wheels off the ground challenge, money shot around 0:25 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-YaBtoljas

looper

echomadman posted:

#teamdan69

EX250 Type R posted:

Come at me bro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeySoK1oLjI

(the wave at the end is to my neighbor who was just pulling into his driveway)

Honorable effort

cursedshitbox posted:

I wanted to enter for the Super challenge this weekend, but this was the closest I got to getting two wheels off the ground with a camera around.

So just vote once for each category and whoever gets the most wins!

I'm voting for Koruthaiolos crossing and #teamdan69's trike jump

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
crayvex dinosaurs and teamdan tricycle jump.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Silly crayvex
Super Echomadman

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
silly: crayvex and the dinosaur
super: #teamdan69

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Silly: Crayvex and dinosaur
Super: #teamdan69

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

Goddamnit, can't believe I'm getting beat. There's a dinosaur in my picture too, it's just hard to see!

Silly: me
Super: teamdan

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Silly: Market pic (ncrap)
Super: TEAM DAN #69 XR100 SUMO SUPREME

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I loving love dinosaurs. I saw Jurassic Park in the theaters 3 times in 1993, at the ripe age of 6.

Gotta vote for Crayvex on this one, sorry Koruthaiolos.

Your keychain rules though.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Silly: Crayvex

A challenge was named after me and I didn't even get a submission in. For SHAME, Z3n, for SHAME.

In my defense I was really busy :(

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

Z3n posted:

A challenge was named after me and I didn't even get a submission in. For SHAME, Z3n, for SHAME.

In my defense I was really busy :(

Ditto for my votes. Crayvex gets the sympathy vote for getting harassed over his grips. Team Dan scores for channeling On Any Sunday cinematography [Bop bodda bop bop da bop doo wah.....]

XYLOPAGUS
Aug 23, 2006
--the creator of awesome--

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Morons! I have morons on my payroll!
Wow thanks for all the votes.

Silly: Me
Challenge: #Teamdan

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

nsaP posted:

Okay so here we go for week one. For now you can vote just by posting in the thread, bold it to help me out.

nsaP for his market
#teamdan!

Snapshot
Oct 22, 2004

damnit Matt get in the boat

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

crayvex
#teamdan69

Gotta go with the dino and the tricycle jump (good on you for actually landing a jump).

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Silly crayvex
Super Echomadman

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

Silly crayvex
Super #teamdan69

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Okay we don't really have a set cut off time but I think the outcome of this week is pretty clear.

Crayvex and EX250 Type R go ahead and pick the next challenges.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

This weeks Super challenge is something I am awful at, wheelies!

Go out and do the sickest wheelies you can!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

EX250 Type R posted:

This weeks Super challenge is something I am awful at, wheelies!

Go out and do the sickest wheelies you can!

More Super blasts from the past, weathers good from tomorrow till the weekend though so i'll shoot a new one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXOzYP09Qow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANOvJJiuqRU

echomadman fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Apr 14, 2015

• Locked thread