Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Morons! I have morons on my payroll!
This week's Silly/Easier challenge is Avant Garde! Go take a picture of your bike with the weirdest art thing or whatever. Let's have some fun with this!

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avant-garde

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Thank you EX250 Type R and Crayvex, the challenges for this week are

:derp::siren:This week's Silly/Easier challenge is Avant Garde! Go take a picture of your bike with the weirdest art thing or whatever. Let's have some fun with this!:siren::derp:

:boom: :siren:This weeks Super challenge is something I am awful at, wheelies! Go out and do the sickest wheelies you can!:siren::boom:

Crayvex posted:

This week's Silly/Easier challenge is Avant Garde! Go take a picture of your bike with the weirdest art thing or whatever. Let's have some fun with this!

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avant-garde

EX250 Type R posted:

This weeks Super challenge is something I am awful at, wheelies!

Go out and do the sickest wheelies you can!

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
VINTAGE SUPER:

Will hopefully have real pics this weekend if I have some free time!

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

edit: sorry didn't read thread rules bye now

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Apr 14, 2015

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Silly

This place is the center of legitimate art that you don't understand. You know how you can tell? virtual reality Bjork. If you can tell me what this exhibit is about you're a goddamn liar.

In case that's not enough for you, this photograph represents the suffering inherent in modern life. Dark. Faint electric light barely providing illumination. That's hope. Just enough to take the harsh edges off and mislead you into thinking things might get better. The branches in these trees are the emptiness of modern society, empty of life even though it's springtime. Not even fresh air and sunshine can bring forth life in this concrete hell. The season of rebirth bears only external restrictions. There is only one way, and that is forward. Not stopping. Never "parking." And all the time, behind, the monolithic institute looms. The state, silent and expecting. Pregnant with the stolen genius of the artist-whore.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Being that I come from Kentucky I'm not sure what avant garde is but this is pretty weird

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
This has been the worst week and I am so ashamed I have not contributed.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
No excuses....what, did your wife file for divorce or something?

I have to figure out a way to get some pics of me doing babby wheelies cause I haven't done intentional ones in a while and I was never good to begin with.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
woe is me two broken bikes and a broken heart

edit: challenges began last page, my apologies to Echomadman for overlooking his contribution

500excf type r fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Apr 18, 2015

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
super submission
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moPnK-rt8ac

It's not very super :(

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

Here's my silly submission this week. The piece is entitled (as all true art should be) "Edgewood to the Edge of the World."

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Super: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK17JEw2u_w

I'm laming out this week with old stuff because weather has been lovely and I'm sick :[

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I managed to get the xr together enough to make an entry for the Super challenge.

Street tires in mud and wet, soggy grass don't hook up much, if at all, which made wheelies quite tricky.

edit:

500excf type r fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Apr 19, 2015

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Razzled posted:

I'm laming out this week with old stuff because weather has been lovely and I'm sick :[

Hey I understand. I put off doing the super challenge friday and saturday for no real good reason, thinking I'd do it today. It's been raining and cold since last night :/

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

Gillingham
Nov 16, 2011
Not even going to bother uploading my photos now

M42
Nov 12, 2012

:eyepop:

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Voting for Marv. Holy poo poo.
Edit: please add a c'est n'est pas un pipe to the last picture.

And Z3n's vintage pic.

builds character fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Apr 20, 2015

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I think it's clear who has won the Silly Challenge but for God's sake it's still Sunday in the only timezone that matters.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Whelp, bravo to Marv.

SkaAndScreenplays
Dec 11, 2013

by Pragmatica

Z3n posted:

Whelp, bravo to Marv.

I'm bummed now.

Milwaukee has a bunch of god awful ugly sculptures that we have Waay overpaid for throughout history.

There's also a 10 ton bronze Harley Davidson sculpture at one of the dealerships.
[/url]https://www.google.com/maps/@42.959282,-87.992692,3a,15y,173.79h,84.85t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sAJQxNhG0ah7v7smFvNWB8w!2e0[/url]
EDIT: I can't imagine that statue weighs much more than some of the HDs I see around here. Also that street fills up with idiot HoG riders every year come. I can get riding with no gloves/jacket but most of these guys are cruising around no helmet, sleeveless vests, minimal eye protection while drinking more than they can handle and generally being dicks. I wasn't around for it last year when I had a bike but I think I might go troll/see if I find anyone cool this year.

And we have the Bronze Fonz.

I think tomorrow I'm going to play catch up, do past challenges for fun and try to get this one in before submissions start rolling in, I've got to get screws for my motor mount anyways. So provided no heavy rain I'll be out and about.

SkaAndScreenplays fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Apr 20, 2015

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
:siren: :siren: CONGRATULATIONS SKAANDSCREENPLAYS :siren: :siren:

I didn't count but we have like, 6 game rules and thread rules and you broke or misunderstood like half of them. Because of this you are now BANISHED from this thread, voting and playing, until you can complete a Super Challenge.

Not just can complete, but you need to win it unless you happen to post right before someone like Marv's avante garde. So wait till Tuesday when we actually have a new challenge and get ready, so far at least 1 wheel has been off the ground.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Okay well it was a bit slower with submissions this week but despite that there are some good ones!

First off

:derp::siren:This week's Silly/Easier challenge is Avant Garde! Go take a picture of your bike with the weirdest art thing or whatever. Let's have some fun with this!:siren::derp:

builds character posted:

Silly

This place is the center of legitimate art that you don't understand. You know how you can tell? virtual reality Bjork. If you can tell me what this exhibit is about you're a goddamn liar.

In case that's not enough for you, this photograph represents the suffering inherent in modern life. Dark. Faint electric light barely providing illumination. That's hope. Just enough to take the harsh edges off and mislead you into thinking things might get better. The branches in these trees are the emptiness of modern society, empty of life even though it's springtime. Not even fresh air and sunshine can bring forth life in this concrete hell. The season of rebirth bears only external restrictions. There is only one way, and that is forward. Not stopping. Never "parking." And all the time, behind, the monolithic institute looms. The state, silent and expecting. Pregnant with the stolen genius of the artist-whore.

nsaP posted:

Being that I come from Kentucky I'm not sure what avant garde is but this is pretty weird

Koruthaiolos posted:

Here's my silly submission this week. The piece is entitled (as all true art should be) "Edgewood to the Edge of the World."

I think the winner of this one is pretty obvious but democracy and yadda yadda

Next up for da Supah

:boom: :siren:This weeks Super challenge is something I am awful at, wheelies! Go out and do the sickest wheelies you can!:siren::boom:

edit: Actually I'm not sure what to do about this, I'm open to suggestion. What should we do with multiple submissions? Take the last one or take them all? For now we'll go with all of them cause it's a p. sweet wheelie pic.

Z3n posted:

VINTAGE SUPER:

Will hopefully have real pics this weekend if I have some free time!

Z3n posted:

super submission
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moPnK-rt8ac

It's not very super :(

Razzled posted:

EX250 Type R posted:

I managed to get the xr together enough to make an entry for the Super challenge.

Street tires in mud and wet, soggy grass don't hook up much, if at all, which made wheelies quite tricky.

edit:

For this one, again, I gotta go with Team Dan. 2/2 in my book

So vote today and we will tally and have new challenges for tuesday!b

nsaP fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Apr 20, 2015

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

You forgot echomadman's:

echomadman posted:

More Super blasts from the past, weathers good from tomorrow till the weekend though so i'll shoot a new one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXOzYP09Qow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANOvJJiuqRU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That is ice cold. Echo is gonna be a mad man.

For the Silly challenge: Marv

Just... A+

For the Super challenge: z3n

I liked Echo's and Razzled's contributions but new content, to me, trumps older video.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

EX250 Type R posted:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That is ice cold. Echo is gonna be a mad man.

For the Silly challenge: Marv

Just... A+

For the Super challenge: z3n

I liked Echo's and Razzled's contributions but new content, to me, trumps older video.

Yeah, new content beats old, Z3n for the wheelie challenge and Marv for the avante garde

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

Yup, easy choices this week: Marv and z3n for silly/super.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Silly: Marv
super: z3n

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Super: Z3n
Silly: Marv's Tiresome photo (nice drat shot)

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
silly: Marv (this is some next level posting. Good job!)
super: z3n

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Silly: obviously Marv Hushman because that is how you school a brother drat
Super: z3n for a wheelie during which 2 dudes were passed

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Morons! I have morons on my payroll!
Voting for Marv and Z3n. Excellent job, both of you!

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
Silly: Koruthaiolos - this otherworldly being is sniffing the seat, which I find mildly disturbing and thought-provoking.

Super: ZedCubedn, running a clinic as always.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Marv and Z3n, not even close.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Just wait till Motomind discovers I stole his bike to do wheelies on while my wife was on the KTM. :xd:

My vote is Marv and teamdan69.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Marv and z3n, hands down

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Apologies to echomadman for missing is entry, but me missing his posts are business as usual!

I didn't bother counting because there's no reason:

Winner of the Silly Challenge this week is Marv

z3n has lived up to his name and taken the Super Challenge

Post up the new challenges! Also just cause the first two Super challenges were jumps and wheelies, don't think we're about going all stunt with it. I was thinking more challenging with the creativity/finding of challenges, not just getting air and being badass. Marv threw off that idea a bit with his pics this week.

nsaP fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Apr 21, 2015

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
Good Day, Boffins!

Silly/Easy Challenge for the week will involve motorcycles and music. Almost anything goes--I've kept it intentionally broad, as I'd like to see more EU/APAC participation. Ideas/parameters:

- Music related landmarks (all genres)
- Locales mentioned in lyrics/titles
- Re-creating cover art
- Record shop archaeology
- Theater marquees
- Taking your SO to Lake Minnetonka
- Showing off your kazoo collection
- Hanging out at your favorite honky-tonk
- Whatever

Stay safe, and don't go trying to ride with a Daft Punk helmet, they're not DOT/SNELL approved.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Super challenge - You and your bike with something that is meaningful to you. Really meaningful, here, you jerks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Not really necessary since they are right above here and back to back but here are the challenges this week!

:derp::siren:Silly/Easy Challenge for the week will involve motorcycles and music. Almost anything goes--I've kept it intentionally broad:siren::derp:

:boom::siren: Super challenge - You and your bike with something that is meaningful to you. Really meaningful, here, you jerks. :siren: :boom:

Marv Hushman posted:

Good Day, Boffins!

Silly/Easy Challenge for the week will involve motorcycles and music. Almost anything goes--I've kept it intentionally broad, as I'd like to see more EU/APAC participation. Ideas/parameters:

- Music related landmarks (all genres)
- Locales mentioned in lyrics/titles
- Re-creating cover art
- Record shop archaeology
- Theater marquees
- Taking your SO to Lake Minnetonka
- Showing off your kazoo collection
- Hanging out at your favorite honky-tonk
- Whatever

Stay safe, and don't go trying to ride with a Daft Punk helmet, they're not DOT/SNELL approved.

Z3n posted:

Super challenge - You and your bike with something that is meaningful to you. Really meaningful, here, you jerks.

• Locked thread