Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gillingham
Nov 16, 2011
Super: Saturday morning rides out to a friends garage where he sells coffee beans, pulls espresso, and cappuccinos, usually followed by some beers.

Don't always ride due to the beer portion but glad I did today, despite getting soaked on the ride home. Dumb video because I had nothing else to do today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv3fJZBTTYI

edit: Also yes, I need to buy a new pair of gloves.

Gillingham fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Apr 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Actually meant to post this yesterday and only posted it in another thread but Super challenge:

Bad weather and poo poo luck this week kept me from the real bikes

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

EX250 Type R posted:

Bad weather and poo poo luck this week kept me from the real bikes

That appears to be what happened to a lot of people, same here over the weekend. The challenges are also pretty open so with that in mind we are going to :siren: Continue last weeks challenges thru for this week:siren:

Gillingham
Nov 16, 2011

nsaP posted:

That appears to be what happened to a lot of people, same here over the weekend. The challenges are also pretty open so with that in mind we are going to :siren: Continue last weeks challenges thru for this week:siren:
Pft, if it was really meaningful you would brave the weather

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

Gillingham posted:

coffee trip

The next time anyone hauls out the old "bike is probably used just to get coffee" line, please send them here.

Re: music challenge. Jesus, Austin goons, you probably run over six busking guitar players by the time you get to the end of the driveway.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Super

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
This weeks Super challenge is discriminatory against Nihilists.
If anyone wants me I'll be in the pool, this poo poo is exhausting.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Pfft only 1? I will Super raise you with the economically disadvantaged at-risk city youth I work with (poor kids)

There's a bike in there somewhere.

Now to find a clever musical submission

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

Super Challenge

Well I've got something better than children, your own or stolen off a playground for whatever perverse purposes you have in mind:

Bike dog

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free

nsaP posted:

at-risk city youth I work with (poor kids)

This coupon good for one official retraction of all actual or perceived anti-nsaP comments made by me or on my behalf.

[Sorry, not redeemable in connection with Slavvy/nsaP Intercontinental Odd Couple Comedy Jam performances]

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

ATGATT

This is a submission for both the Super and Silly challenges. The guitar in the hard case is my favorite electric guitar. The guitar in the soft case is an anniversary edition Alvarez acoustic guitar that was given to me by my Grandfather on my tenth birthday, almost 21 years ago. Also, I live in (a suburb of) Austin now, the self-proclaimed live music capital of the world!

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Oh! The double entry. I hadn't even considered the possibility.

And what you can't see in my picture is all the McDonald's fries I used to bribe the local children to come around my bike

nsaP fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Apr 30, 2015

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

You got fries mister?

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free

Priceless, you magnificent troubadour. I didn't notice the suit and tie until I supersized the pic. It's as if it just dawned on you and Merle that riding to the next gig like this would become challenging at Turn 1.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

for everyone!

Marv Hushman posted:

Priceless, you magnificent troubadour. I didn't notice the suit and tie until I supersized the pic. It's as if it just dawned on you and Merle that riding to the next gig like this would become challenging at Turn 1.

Thanks! It would definitely be a very difficult ride, ha ha. I have backpack straps on that acoustic case, which would probably work pretty well for riding. I worry about the drag pushing on the neck of the guitar, though, and wouldn't be willing to try it with that one.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Z3n posted:

Super challenge - You and your bike with something that is meaningful to you. Really meaningful, here, you jerks.

Not exactly going out on a limb here: basically had the same idea that everyone else did.

Except, like, more Vietnam-style.

captainOrbital fucked around with this message at 02:03 on May 1, 2015

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

for everyone!

I vote for nsap for the super challenge.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
captainOrbital gets my vote for super challenge and I guess Day Man (♫ aaAAAaahhh ♫) wins the silly challenge by default?

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
voting capt. orbital for super and day man silly.

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

Voting echomadman for super since that captures the true essence of life, and Day Man for silly.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

craptain orbital for Super. Usually you have to go to a third world to see 5 people on a scooter

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Silly Day Man
Super Craptain Orbital

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I have to vote for TEAM DAN #69 (SUPER) and his adorable daughter and her cowboy boots
and the Fighter of the Night Man and Champion of the Sun (SILLY)

ed: I liked that challenge and the idea thereof; I was trying to come up with some way to incorporate my bike with musical instruments or something but I couldn't come up with anything that I thought would have been interesting enough to photograph.

captainOrbital fucked around with this message at 20:45 on May 4, 2015

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
Assuming I get a vote, too lazy to re-read the rules.

Silly Day Man
Super Captain Orbital. All of the supers were great, but CO deals in volume and is obviously prolific. And I want his bike.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Everyone gets a vote Marv, this is 'murica

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Silly: Day Man
Super: nsaP, cause he's doing the good work there.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

for everyone!

This week's silly challenge is your bike in front of something beautiful. A gorgeous view, a pretty building, a piece of art, a field of wildflowers, etc. Be creative!

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Whoops I forgot about the thread but it seems to be going along fine, CaptainOrbital we need a super challenge!

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Super Challenge: Continuing the theme, your bike as a minivan. Not as in carrying 7 children or boring yet practical like an NC700, but useful in hauling large items.
Big boxes, tires around your midriff, coils of industrial wire, amplification gear, drums of mercury, whatever. Something big and unwieldy and creative.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Is your mom busy this weekend

velocross
Sep 16, 2007

Disco Disco Disco Disco Disco Disco Disco Disco Disco

EX250 Type R posted:

:vince:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

EX250 Type R posted:

Yeah shes railing your mom.

Does carrying a truck clutch count as something big and unwieldy? Or do I need to go strap work related junk to my bike.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I forgot to put the two challenges in an easy to read :siren: post this week so that's why no one has done it yet, I'm convinced. I have a day off now so it's my chance.

:derp: :siren: This week's silly challenge is your bike in front of something beautiful. A gorgeous view, a pretty building, a piece of art, a field of wildflowers, etc. Be creative! :derp: :siren:

:boom: :siren: Super Challenge: Continuing the theme, your bike as a minivan. Not as in carrying 7 children or boring yet practical like an NC700, but useful in hauling large items.
Big boxes, tires around your midriff, coils of industrial wire, amplification gear, drums of mercury, whatever. Something big and unwieldy and creative. :boom: :siren:

Day Man posted:

This week's silly challenge is your bike in front of something beautiful. A gorgeous view, a pretty building, a piece of art, a field of wildflowers, etc. Be creative!

captainOrbital posted:

Super Challenge: Continuing the theme, your bike as a minivan. Not as in carrying 7 children or boring yet practical like an NC700, but useful in hauling large items.
Big boxes, tires around your midriff, coils of industrial wire, amplification gear, drums of mercury, whatever. Something big and unwieldy and creative.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

nsaP posted:

useful in hauling large items.

So just take a picture of myself sitting on my bike then, eh?

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Slow week again, here have some purty views at least:

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Since I was strictly prohibited from driving up Mt Washington Saturday, I had to make my own silly challenge "beautiful view"

Doesn't get more beautiful than that

Butt Science
Sep 3, 2007

Took the bike to my brother's wedding this weekend on Jekyll Island, GA. Mainly just to fulfill my desire to ride around in a suit at least once. Anyway, here's my little rat in front of an early 1920s mansion.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Super

New tires for the 2 ton tanker.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Assuming I can still post submissions, here's something for the silly challenge. (Click for huge)

The hour before this was pitch black since the sun hadn't risen and there was heavy fog. After spending ~10 minutes on this ridge I ended up plunging into that poo poo you can see there and the next hour was a complete whiteout. But the view while I was above the fog was beautiful and the ride home was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Yeah definitely. To be honest between the dull in the thread the last feew weeks and me being super busy changing jobs and interviewing and I've not been keeping up with it. I saw we keep going on this one again still, I'm gonna get some more shots and I'll bug some other people to post some pics so we can keep this going.

• Locked thread