Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Because you said Super challenges can be old pictures, I submit the following. Although it feels like cheating since this is Taiwan, and this was a friend's scooter which I was borrowing/using until I bought my own:

Otherwise, I'll be getting a motorcycle on Tuesday, just in time for next weeks challenge (if it gets updated). Hoping to participate in this and the other thread more. Oh, that's a microwave on the back there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Can we get this game moving again? Sounds like a fun excuse for me to poke around more. Anyways, if it's not dead, here's a submission for the silly challenge. I took this photo this week, so it's not older than the challenge.

I'd like to see the other thread moving, too, but I can't think of how to do the current challenge in there.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Dude, let's do it. Keeping the old challenge open looking for submissions. I've been busy as hell these last 3 or 4 weeks and obviously the thread didn't keep moving along but I think we should keep it going. Maybe stretch it to 2 weeks for a challenge or something. Either way I want to play but people gotta participate and challenge makers gotta think about what people can do.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
need new challenges

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I agree with Dan but I don't know how we should go about selecting challenges, any suggestions are welcome. It can be hard to come up with good ones but at the same time I'm not looking to be in charge of the game's challenges. Echomadman suggested coming up with challenges as a group and then the winner could select from that list, an idea I think could work.

What do y'all think? I'd like to start this again cause I should actually have some free time soon to ride.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

There was a post in the other Riding Game thread where somebody infodumped the thread and posted all of the challenges, so that might be a good place to start. Maybe let the photo taking go on for a month like the photography challenge and the cooking challenge - so only 12 challenges a year and plenty of time to contemplate the next challenge

edit:

goddamnedtwisto posted:

So because I've been loving about with data extraction stuff for other reasons I thought I'd grab a list of all the challenges so far in the thread:

quote:

A picture of your bike in a tunnel
NEXT CHALLENGE (way easier this time): Your bike in front of a laundromat
YOUR CHALLENGE: A BOAT
take a picture outside a hip urban coffee shop with an espresso based beverage
If so, Take a pic of your bike next to an animal statue
your bike in front of a bar or pub or tavern or saloon
Pic of your bike in front of a police station e: Home now - provided it does
a sculpture or statue a sculpture or statue
post your bike on the killing floor of a slaughterhouse
How about in front of a radio station?
show me a train station . It can be abandoned, still in use, or converted to some other purpose. a hospital please your bike in front of a lake Your bike with a live animal (bonus points if not a pet type animal or if animal is interacting with bike rather than just in the same shot) Your bike Off-road
Post your bike next to water treatment equipment
A picture of your bike in it's parking space with you sitting on it in a snuggie
New Challenge: Your bike with a bridge
Next Challenge: Your bike in front of a barn your bike in front of a Zoo The next challenge is: your bike next to a river or stream
your bike on front of a power station (sub stations count)
Challenge: Your motorcycle in front of a Firetruck
Your bike in front of a graffiti mural
Your bike and an abandoned building/machine/pet.
Your bike and something from World War 2
your bike and a construction zone (road works or buildings or whatever)
air raid siren.
NEW CHALLENGE: Lets bike with the tank off. Bonus points the more you remove.
YOUR BIKE TAKING A NAP
With the most attractive member of the opposite sex you can find, SOs and partners don't count
For the next challenge, please post a picture of your bike next to an amusement park or fairground. Simon says show me your bike at a scenic overlook. It doesn't have to be an official one, anyplace up high with a nice view would be fine. Your bike doing something it wasn't designed to do Your bike at sunset, with the sun behind it
Your bike with the most ridiculous animal you can find
Let's see a memorial for a war, battle, veterans, etc.
Lesse... A bird's eye view of your bike
your ride and a major sporting event location (pro preferred)
Edit: How about Your bike with a covered bridge
Send Me A Postcard
Get high
Since I worked up quite the appetite and stopped by the local sandwich bar for a snack, show me Your bike at your local sandwich shop.
Your bike at the location of a homicide.
Show me your local brew pub/microbrewery. Let's get you guys back in the game. Go plank on your bike in your riding gear If you're worried about tipping it I guess you could plank something next to it, but like I always say, go big or go home.
Go find the most cringe-inducing, architectural excuse for a building in your town. Go find the most cringe-inducing, architectural excuse for a building in your town.
Please post a picture of your bike at a cemetery
something for sale that you can't afford
your bike next to the local "haunted" house
Your bike and some wildflowers (still growing) Your bike and some wildflowers (still growing)
Please post a picture of your bike next to the tallest building in your city/county.
Post a picture of your bike next to something NSFW.
your bike next to an old rusted car
Your bike next to renewable energy (solar/wind/hydro) How about your bike in front of government property New challenge: Your bike in front of a dealer of the opposite stereotype New challenge: Your bike in front of a dealer of the opposite stereotype
Your bike inside in front of a public payphone
Your bike with a transient/vagrant/town crazy person
Show me your bike and an old church. I'm on my mobile, ill update with sirens later.
Your bike in a camp site at a real campground
Your bike in front of a college campus library
New Challenge: Outside (or inside) an adult novelty store
New Challenge: Your bike parked next to a passing train
Please post a picture of your bike in a trailer park or your area's equivalent. post a picture of your bike in a trailer park
Your bike next to some road kill
Your bike at a waterpark/pool
Your bike under a puffy cloud.
Use your seat as your Lunch Table Fit all items upon it. For example; hot dog, chips and drink.
TAKE A PHOTO OF YOUR BIKE IN FRONT OF A HIGHWAY POINT OF INTEREST SIGN
This weekend I passed a road called Whalebone Gulch. Post a funny sign. It can be a street, a business, whatever. This weekend I passed a road called Whalebone Gulch. Post a funny sign. It can be a street, a business, whatever.
Okay then, if that photo is alright Legerdemain, please post a picture of your bike next to a diner. Bonus points if it has a shiny metal exterior.
Your bike with another group of bikes (parked out front of a coffee shop on a ride with a bunch of random bikes for example)
You posed next to your bike Micromancer style
If so, Your bike next to modern abstract art If so, Your bike next to modern abstract art
Post your bike on a playground.
Your bike in front of a misspelled sign YOUR BIKE inside IN FRONT OF YOUR CITY HALL
YOUR BIKE WITH A MEMBER OF THE CLERGY
Your bike at some type of fabrication shop
Your bike next to a lesser-known landmark
your bike with the Flora/Fauna emblem of your state/territory/province etc
Your bike and your favorite riding road. Be sure your picture shows us how much fun it is.
YOUR BIKE DOING SOMETHING NON-STEREOTYPICAL FOR ITS GENRE
Your bike at a boat harbour or marina.
Your bike with a big hole
Your bike very near a domestic animal weighing more than 110lbs
Your bike with a piece of heavy machinery.
Your bike next to an aircraft.
"Adult" Store or with a product that can be purchased at them.
NEW CHALLENGE: A picture of you wearing all your gear
It's a sunny Saturday in June, time for a vacation. Show me a tourist trap.
your bike with a wicked Harley
Your bike at a playground Bonus if you're riding some of the equipment
Photograph your bike at EITHER a skate park OR in front of a sign that prohibits skateboarding.
Your next challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to strap a pizza to your bike and take it for a ride.
How about your bike with some sort of water feature? Like a man made water fall or one of those sweet city fountains?
Since it's summer, Your bike at a beach, lake, hotspring or other natural bathing spot. A pool doesn't count.
your bike next to the same model, half its age
Your bike next to a 'Welcome to ...' sign
Show me something associated with a song
your bike in front of a donut shop with a donut (the donut must be visible on the bike)
Your bike in front of your favorite local sports stadium. Explain why its your favorite
Take a picture of your bike in front of some kind of war machine
A picture of your bike with a squid and or person in a leather vest (Someone who hates gear)
A picture of your bike with one or more classic/vintage/custom vehicles. A picture of your bike with one or more classic/vintage/custom vehicles.
I will now make the challenge: A picture of your bike with TWO or more classic/vintage/custom vehicles Your bike next to a big rock face
The next challenge: Motorcycle urbex Motorcycle urbex Your bike with/in an abandoned structure. Preferably something industrial or military. Sorry if it's a repeat, too much to keep track of.
I can't think of anything creative at the moment so let's just see Your bike at an overlook
Your bike leaning against the biggest tree you can find
Show me Something big and gold that's not a car
your bike in or very near sand your bike in or very near sand
Your bike next to a riced out car / bike.
We might have done this one already, but please post a picture of your bike with groceries.
Post a picture that includes both your bike and your place of residence, but as far away from each other as possible
Next up: Your bike with a cellular/radar/water tower
Get your bike wet: wash it and take a photo when its covered in soapy water
Your bike in front of a fire station/water rescue/EMS, preferably with a fire truck,ambulance, etc in the picture.
Next challenge: Your bike in front of a video rental store that is open. Bonus points if someone is actually walking out with a movie
Your bike in front of a fire station/water rescue/EMS, preferably with a fire truck,ambulance, etc in the picture.
Your bike next to a 1 room schoolhouse
YOUR BIKE IN FRONT OF A SHOOTING RANGE. BONUS POINTS GIVEN IF YOUR BIKE IS POSED WITH A GUN
Photograph your bike with an island in the background
Because it's drat hot out - Your bike in the water
Your bike next to an oversized animal
Get a knee down On your bike if you really want, but I'll accept those springy playground toys, toilets, pushbikes, etc.
New challenge: YOUR BIKE IN A TRUCK
Your bike breaking the law - Have a nice golf course nearby? Or maybe a stay off lawn sign somewhere? Or a handicap spot?
Your bike with a horse crossing sign
Next Challenge: Take your bike to some train tracks On them, next to them, near them while a train passes but get your bike out there on the rails. at a roadside market
YOUR BIKE BESIDE THE STUPIDEST SCULPTURE IN YOUR CITY*
Okay folks, your next challenge: Take a picture with your bike and your grade/high school sweetheart
New an alligator or something. New an alligator or something.
Next Challenge: Your motorcycle with an ambulance
Let's see a museum Let's see a museum
Now I wanna see two for one. Show me The Beginning and End of a Road
The headquarters of a famous company/organization
et's see an interesting bridge.
YOUR BIKE NEXT TO A FRAT HOUSE
a Sheetz Gas Station
Your Bike In Another Country
Your Bike with a member of the Armed Forces in Uniform
Your bike with a motorcycle cop
Your bike with your favorite beer
Post a picture of your bike with your favorite bottle of beer
Post Your Bike By The Sea (or the closest thing you've got to it)
Your best ATGATT shot
Show us where you bought your bike
Your bike with a lot of other bikes
Your bike at some type of race track
Your bike somewhere fitting for Halloween Your bike somewhere fitting for Halloween
Your bike and a cup of something hot. Coffee, Chili ect.
Your bike kicking fall/winter's rear end
I still want to see your poor bike all tucked away for winter
Your bike at a movie theater Your bike missing a part
Post an interesting road kludge. For example:
Your bike with a real live Santa Claus Extra credit if Santa is sitting on it.
You, sitting on your drat bike, someone should be able to do this PDQ.
Get a photo of your bike with Santa before Christmas Eve, or, after that, get a photo of your bike in the snow.
MULTI-PART those convex safety mirrors, on a security cam, etc).
Get a photo of you riding your bike.
You're bike in the winter
To cheer me up: Your bike at the beginning or end of your favourite road (the road to you/your significant other/your mom's house doesn't count unless they live at Laguna Seca)
Next challenge - Your bike at the place where you once took a spill.
your bike next to something out of season I passed some campaign signs and a house with Christmas lights still up.
The next challenge has a theme Geometry Manmade, natural, whatever.
Your bike next to a large piece of technology Your bike next to a large piece of technology
The next challenge is something larger than life. Your bike in front of the "Welcome to ______ " sign in your area
An animal on your bike. Bonus points if it's not a dog. Extra super-duper bonus points if it's wild
Your bike at a point more than 500 feet above where it lives..
Your Bike And You Being Hipsters
NEW CHALLENGE: Get a picture with some of this season's crop of new riders
Next challenge: since my offroad shortcut ended abruptly and I had to wrestle it back around for a bit your bike in front of an obstacle you'd really love to get across/around/over but can't
Next: vapor.
your bike in action
your challenge: a train in motion (have we done that yet?)
Your bike and a "milestone"
Your bike on a bridge your bike and a beautiful sunset
Your bike at a 5(or more)-way intersection You bike with a local stereotype.
Your bike parked where it definitely shouldn't be parked
Your bike parked at a sleazy motel
Your bike next to another vehicle with half OR twice as many ccs and cylinders
Goons don't have any friends
Your bike with a bit of local history
Your bike with an old factory or warehouse that is something else now.
your bike by a sign for an amusing sounding place.
Your bike in front of a sex shop
Your bike at a war memorial strip club
Your bike at an ideal first date location.
Your bike where you met your current s/o or spouse
Your bike by a local haunted/spooky historical place/landmark.
Show us your bike on your favorite road
WILDCARD Post something we haven't seen yet and call a new challenge
New challenge is Your bike and some ruins
Your bike in front of an abandoned amphitheater or arena.
your bike at the highest elevation within your state (reachable by bike, of course)
New challenge: Your bike at the bottom of the biggest cliff you can find
You're bike with a curvy road sign.
Your bike parked in front of a train.
Your challenge: Your bike entertaining children.
New challenge is: An artsy picture of your bike's shadow. New challenge Your bike stuck The And so I don't alienate anyone... If your bike can't, or you don't want to jump... take a picture next to a ski lift. Do the people posting from phones a favor, and make the challenge bold and surrounded with siren tags.
:siren : (remove the extra space)
It's been pretty hot out...Your bike with/at a nice place to cool off. The And so I don't alienate anyone... If your bike can't, or you don't want to jump... take a picture next to a ski lift.
your bike at a shop specializiing in your region's food your bike at a shop specializiing in your region's food
Your bike hanging out with a large or strange animal
Your bike silhouetted in a scenic sunset
Your bike at a distillery
YOUR BIKE PARKED IN FRONT OF A SNACK/CANDY MASS MANUFACTURING PLANT
YOUR BIKE ON TOP OF A DAM YOUR BIKE ON TOP OF A DAM
Your bike next to an animal crossing sign
Your bike in front of a waterfall.
Your bike in front of a landslide/rockfall. Your bike in front of a waterfall.
So, new challenge. Your bike near a giant fish
I'm taking it back to the beginning because I solved my own first challenge like a dick. YOUR BIKE IN A TUNNEL Your bike next to a ski lift Your bike next to a ski lift
New challenge Your lame-rear end John Deere lawn tractor.
Your bike with your official state/national _________
For your next challenge, find me an independant local coffee shop of which there is only one.
Your bike next to a sign that has a placename containing the word goon
Next one: YOUR BIKE WHERE ONLY BIKES CAN GO .
YOUR BIKE IN FRONT OF SOMETHING ICONIC FOR YOUR TOWN/STATE/COUNTRY
A HISTORICAL PHOTO AND REPLICATE THE PHOTO WITH YOUR BIKE IN FRAME
New Challenge: Find bike in frame, etc. I say let's expand the challenge from bike in frame, etc. to be Any defunct company, not just cars or bikes
either a bike themed business, or local biker hangout, be it bar, restaurant, cafe, whatever. either a bike themed business, or local biker hangout, be it bar, restaurant, cafe, whatever.
Next challenge Your bike doing a burnout, or something equally irresponsible. Bonus points if you have some old dude shake his fist at you.
Show me a place where you crashed.
Take us on a photo tour of your local town/suburb.
your bike with a hydroelectric dam in the shot
a bar with a clever or ridiculous name, with your bike in front of it of course Go exploring
Since I work in wine production: Your bike in front of a wine shop or wine bar. Since I work in wine production: Your bike in front of a wine shop or wine bar. Since I work in wine production: Your bike in front of a wine shop or wine bar. Bonus points for a super cliché name like Brix or The Winery.
To keep the theme going, how about : Your bike at a primary producer of whatever is available in your region. Find an orchard, vineyard, farm (livestock or plants), plantation/tree farm, mine, or whatever else you think fits.
How's about your bike and a local craft brewery
Your bike near an outdoor piece of art you actually like.
Your bike on a suspension bridge
Now how about the tallest building you can find
Along the same vein, now find the oldest building around
Next up: find a building/structure totally out of place
your bike on a wooden dock, fishing pier, or boat slip. Large ports don't count.
Your have your dream bike, then the worst bike/car you can find Your bike at a race track of some kind. Bonus points if it's Mount Panorama or Suzuka (or Sepang, I guess).
After years of playing with mopeds and scooters, I think we need to honor baby's first REAL bike, I think we need to get a picture with both your bike and a baby in it. Be creative . Your bike where the road runs out. Take that as you will
Your bike with the changing leaves
Your bike with a decorated house / store / park ect
Uhhh... Your bike + your city hall Uhhh... Your bike + your city hall
To continue on that theme, Your bike in front of a TV/Movie set location near you
Next challenge: Your bike at the border. Next challenge: Your bike at the border.
If this one is acceptable the next challenge shall be your bike with a lighthouse
This should be pretty easy: Your bike out enjoying the seasonal weather for your region
New Challenge: Your bike next to a weird building
Post a picture of your bike in front of holiday decorations
For the new challenge, I got this idea when out completing an earlier one. Your bike and an old time phone booth
Your bike in front of a water tower
How about YOUR BIKE IN -35 DEGREE WEATHER
Now show me the best holiday decorations around you Bonus points for either a Santa cameo or >2,000 lights
Your bike with an person dressed up as santa
Your bike with a reindeer/deer, or if you can't get a reindeer/deer where you are a fake one. Or see if a Zoo will let you cruise in...
Your bike near a group of interesting or unusual animals
Your bike photobombing a Herd of Harleys
Keeping it topical, Your bike next to evidence of apocalypse-heralding weather. So flood/storms, polar vortex damage, you name it.
Now make me jealous by showing me your great weather
Show us a sticky situation
New Challenge: Bike camping Give me something to dream about for when the weather warms up. Your bike with your campsite.
Its pleasantly hot here, could do with some ice cream: Your bike with an Ice Cream at an Ice Cream Parlor
Since it's springtime, the snow will be melting and the rivers will be running high. The next challenge will be your bike with an overflowing stream -- or at least some body of fast-moving water.
post your bug spattered windscreen/headlight/visor after (or during) a good ride
For the next challenge, Your bike near a significant person in your town. It can be a statue, or even next to the mayor him/herself
Given the discussion that's taken up most of this page, how about : Show us something vintage If your bike counts, I don't need to ask you to throw a vignette filter on it cause you will anyway you hipster.
at a shipping container yard
Your bike in party-appropriate theme outfit
at a lighthouse
Your bike and a cathedral/other large religious building
your bike next to a 10 tonne(minimum) vehicle
Your bike with a relic of a bygone era
Switching the theme ip - new challenge is Your bike next to something very old that is still in use, bonus points if it's still doing what it was originally built for.
Your bike next to something it shouldn't. Bonus points for you getting in on the photo action,
Contrast A cruiser on a trail, you completely dressed to the nines on a piece of poo poo, you get my drift.
Get a War Machine
Your bike next to your town's best kept secret. Use your imagination
Go find the oldest building around
Find something EVEN OLDER THAN THIS drat HOUSE
NEW PICTURE/OLD SCENE
Given that we've done something old and something new, how about Your bike and something blue
how about Your bike and something blue .
your ride and a red light, district or otherwise
Your bike next to a SUBSTANTIALLY shittier bike
After 130km on the stock DRZ seat I was jonesing for a break, so how about you show us a nice spot to set up a hammock and relax . Bonus internet points if you test it out. New challenge: your bike at a vista or nice viewing point
New challenge: your bike at a vista or nice viewing point
YOUR BIKE AT THE BORDER.
New challenge - : your bike next to a boat AND a bridge :
your bike with a famous thing from your area
challenge is your bike with its namesake.
your bike in traffic
Your bike with its twin
Post a picture of your bike next to something that looks out of place next to everything around it
Your bike in front of a National Park entrance sign
Your bike and a covered bridge Post a pic of your bike with something representative of the "big industry" in your area
Post a pic of your bike with something representative of the "big industry" in your area
Show us your local tourist trap
YOUR MOTORCYCLE SUPPORTING THE TROOPS
something. something.
Your bike next to something haunted
Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to find a brewery
Your bike next to something that used to scare you
Show me some Americana Or Australicana/equivalent
YOUR BIKE IN FRONT OF YOUR FAVORITE RESTAURANT, WITH YOUR FAVORITE DISH IN THE PHOTO.
Your bike next to something related to the exact opposite of this season.
Since I've been thru a ton laterly, Your bike in a national/state/equivalent park
In spirit of our favorite hot-dog huckster, the big doobster, let's see your bike in front of a ma-and-pa hot dog shack,
Let's see your bike and your favourite view on your commute
Let's see Your bike and your least favorite view or part of your commute
In honor of the church, take a photo of your bike with something religious. A giant sheet metal cross cross, statue of buddha, L. Ron Hubbard museum etc.
Show me some cobblestone/brick streets
Your bike next to the largest government building you can find
Show me a zoo
YOUR BIKE NEXT TO AN ART GALLERY
An outdoor scuplture
Snap a picture of what cracks you up everytime you ride by it
Your bike with the beginning and end of your favorite road
NEW CHALLENGE: Your bike at the highest point in your state/province/country that it can reach.
your bike in/on something abandoned Not just parked next to something, try to get on or in it.
I WANT TO SEE THE BIGGEST BODY OF (sweet) WATER IN YOUR STATE
Next: Farmers Market with some fresh fruit on your seat
New challenge: Your bike with the biggest dong you ca find. Use your imagination,
New challenge: Your bike in front of something under construction. The bigger the better.
New challenge Your bike near/in a sports stadium
YOU RIDING YOUR BIKE.
New challenge: Your bike beside / near an animal larger than it
New Challenge: Your bike far from home.
Alternate Challenge: Your bike with a waterfall.

It's not perfect (for reasons I can't even be bothered to investigate at the moment it's cut off this page's challenges, for a start) but just thought someone might be interested.

mrking fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jun 14, 2015

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
I'm all for it. I kind of like the weekly aspect, though it may be better suited as a sort of scavenger hunt style challenges (find xyz). Though having a monthly challenge with a bigger target could be fun as well.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Chivache reminded me of this again, I like this idea

YF19pilot posted:

I'm all for it. I kind of like the weekly aspect, though it may be better suited as a sort of scavenger hunt style challenges (find xyz). Though having a monthly challenge with a bigger target could be fun as well.

put some effort into the super and make it longer, keep the silly going short. We can prune the best silly/super options from that list and give people a choice. I'll try to get some ppl to help me separate the challenges tn.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1c--LlhJzCNf4-z0mXS4RvM3vZP4zGQZm3boe-FVhNpw/edit?usp=sharing

Here you go help us out and categorize a few challenges to make it easier to sort thru these, it ended up being a lot.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Highlighted a few things towards the bottom of the list. If you disagree with the colors, feel free to change. I've got class this morning so I actually need to get going. Looking forward to this living again.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Is the Silly challenge still something beautiful? Hopefully this counts:

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
drat, chiche is killing it with the midnight rides.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

captainOrbital posted:

drat, chiche is killing it with the midnight rides.

Stopped smoking weed and now my insomnia is back :shepicide:

edit
I just realized I ruined any chance of that photo being beautiful by putting a DRZ in it.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Chichevache posted:

Stopped smoking weed and now my insomnia is back :shepicide:

edit
I just realized I ruined any chance of that photo being beautiful by putting a DRZ in it.

Should've parked the DRZ in the gazebo.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Pushing to kick start this before riding season ends for those in the Northern Hemisphere, and hopefully get things going for those in the Southern Hemisphere who should start riding soon. I think we should go ahead and put the kebab on this challenge this week, and start a new one.

Silly entrants so far:

Super entrants so far:

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
YF19Pilot you're in charge for the time being, take it over buddy. I'm busy af till after the All Star Game and then I'll be able to catch up on the challenges and whatnot, get this thing going again.

Also Chivache you talked poo poo about the game, so you are banned for life. Ban is probated to auto-losing the next 5 challenges you contribute to with the probation lifting at any further douchebaggery.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

YF19pilot posted:

Should've parked the DRZ in the gazebo.

:argh: They padlocked the gates to get in or I would have.

nsaP posted:

Also Chivache you talked poo poo about the game, so you are banned for life. Ban is probated to auto-losing the next 5 challenges you contribute to with the probation lifting at any further douchebaggery.

:jerkbag:
I talked poo poo about you, not the game. In fact, I pointed out ways to dramatically improve the game because I would like to see it be successful.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Voting for
ephphatha for silly - I like mountains and water.
cursedshitbox for super - heh, spare tire. Get it?

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Chichevache posted:

:jerkbag:
I talked poo poo about you, not the game. In fact, I pointed out ways to dramatically improve the game because I would like to see it be successful.

10 challenges.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

I vote for bikini and yf19

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

nsaP posted:

10 challenges.

Whatever makes you feel potent.

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

nsaP posted:

10 challenges.

Chichevache posted:

Whatever makes you feel potent.

JFC, I thought the whole point of this thread was to get away from the stupid bullshit whining of the riding game thread. Is it really that hard to not post?

Anyways, I vote for:

Ephphatha for silly
cursedshitbox for super (sorry YF19pilot, motorcycles always beat scooters in my book)

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Koruthaiolos posted:

JFC, I thought the whole point of this thread was to get away from the stupid bullshit whining of the riding game thread. Is it really that hard to not post?

I thought the point was to have a more active and inclusive thread:

nsaP posted:

So I thought we could try a weekly version of the game in addition to the other game that would allow people more time to participate in the challenges. .

But apparently nsap wants to turn it into a pissing contest instead. :shrug:

silly
Ephphtah

super
YF19pilot

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jul 12, 2015

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Hey, now. I've just taken the helm. Let's not sink this ship before I've had a chance to find a nice, big iceberg to run it into. As I'm a day ahead of most people, I'll keep things open until Tuesday 12pm my local time (12am EDT) and announce the winners.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Okay, the deadline for voting is over, the winners are:

ephphatha for the silly contest

Ephphatha posted:

Assuming I can still post submissions, here's something for the silly challenge. (Click for huge)

The hour before this was pitch black since the sun hadn't risen and there was heavy fog. After spending ~10 minutes on this ridge I ended up plunging into that poo poo you can see there and the next hour was a complete whiteout. But the view while I was above the fog was beautiful and the ride home was amazing.

And there's a tie for super, so...

cursedshitbox gets this week's super challenge

cursedshitbox posted:

Super

New tires for the 2 ton tanker.

ephphatha and cursedshitbox you have 48 hours to submit the next challenge, or I will pick one from the list of past challenges.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Aight, lets clear our minds and go to our happy place. I wanna see your bike and your favourite local riding area.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
I want to see something ooooohhhhhh-poo poo worthy

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

cursedshitbox posted:

I'm only going to add the caveat that please nobody try to moot it up this weekend or add themselves to the crash thread.

Remember you have until 12:01 AM Monday EDT to post your photos!

CovfefeCatCafe fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jul 15, 2015

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

YF19pilot posted:

I'm only going to add the caveat that please nobody try to moot it up this weekend or add themselves to the crash thread.

Remember you have until 12:01 AM Monday EDT to post your photos!

I don't know what "ohhhhhh shiiit" means exactly, so I tried one variation of it. Hopefully I wad my bike or something so I have double the chances of winning!

Chichevache posted:

What did I do to my ride today?!?!?:psyboom:

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
My entry for the Silly challenge.

When GoogleMaps works, it works well. Otherwise, it just goes full retard when it doesn't, which means I have to use Bing Maps to present you with my route:
http://binged.it/1Gpwq8q

The first lake/reservoir is Lan-tan, and I live in the neighborhood just north of it. Sometimes I just loop around this lake. The drive across the dam gives an impressive overlook of the south end of Chiayi, not that there's much to see mind you. The east portion of the lake is windy, shady, sitting in the valley of a ridge line and is slow, but fun riding. Second lake is Renyitan. Much larger and with a 1km long dam that you can ride down the bottom of, climbing out of it onto the main road is very fun.

I tried to get a video, but the battery on the camera died half way between Lantan and Renyitan. Not that you would've seen much, this was the result of me trying to wedge my point-and-shoot between my backpack straps:

Otherwise, some beauty shots (mostly around Lantan, I'll try again tomorrow to get some more shots around Renyitan). These were taken today, I've already got a million shots of these two lakes, but I'll keep in the spirit of the challenge and not use old photos.

Lantan is unfortunately too twisty to get some good shots of the road, a lot of blind corners and such.

Pagoda on the southwest side of Lantan. And now what it looks like from the view of the pagoda:

The one shot overlooking Renyitan on the climb up to the main road.

The real reason why I will win this round. :getin:

CovfefeCatCafe fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jul 18, 2015

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

cursedshitbox posted:

This happened today... 5 hours away from home:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Silly Challenge!
My favorite road to ride is Mt. Baldy.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/M...f54f57b!6m1!1e1
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_San_Antonio

The views aren't really anything special, in my opinion, but the ride is fantastic. There are lots of switchbacks and hairpin turns that really are fantastic practice. You start out in hot and stuffy Upland and as you climb the mountain the temperature dips dramatically while the humidity shoots up. It gets up to 100 degrees (tw: Communism 38 celsius for the rest of the world) in the valley and the cool air of Baldy is an absolutely amazing change of scenery. The top of the mountain is about 10,000 feet above sea level, but the road ends below that. Unfortunately I didn't get photos of my favorite part of the ride: two tunnels. :getin:

The rider in this picture is not me. Some dude on a DR200, I believe.

Best of all? It's where I proposed to my fiance. This last photo is a few months old, so obviously it doesn't count for the purposes of this competition. I still wanted to include it as a way of encouraging other Socal riders to check out this fun road.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Right now we've only got two entrants for each category. I'll leave things open for one more week, but will close it next Monday at this time.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

YF19pilot posted:

Right now we've only got two entrants for each category. I'll leave things open for one more week, but will close it next Monday at this time.

:smith:

I want to see other people's favorite riding locations.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Favorite local riding spot for the silly challenge:

The majority of good "local" roads for me are at least an hour outside of the city. My favorite spot within the city limits is what's known by DC goon riders as "the track".

In 2002, a race track was built around the parking lot of our soccer stadium to be used for a Le Mans race. Local residents complained so much about the noise that it was canceled after that one race. The track is still there in great condition. At most you'll see gravel in a few corners. Here is the wiki entry about it and the track layout.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Grand_Prix_of_Washington_D.C.

This space is rarely used so it's basically like having a private track to practice on. Friday evenings and early Sat/Sun is usually empty. I'm not sure on the legality of riding there, but no one I know has ever been arrested or ticketed. We've had some funny encounters there with the popo but most of the time it's fine.

My entry picture is facing south, with RFK stadium of the left side of the shot and the Metro on the right. About six other random folks were there riding this evening too - you can see them in the background. It's not the most exciting spot for pictures so here is a google map view of the area:

Edit: forgot I took this pic too

hot sauce fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jul 25, 2015

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

hot sauce posted:

Favorite local riding spot for the silly challenge:

The majority of good "local" roads for me are at least an hour outside of the city. My favorite spot within the city limits is what's known by DC goon riders as "the track".

In 2002, a race track was built around the parking lot of our soccer stadium to be used for a Le Mans race. Local residents complained so much about the noise that it was canceled after that one race. The track is still there in great condition. At most you'll see gravel in a few corners. Here is the wiki entry about it and the track layout.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Grand_Prix_of_Washington_D.C.

This space is rarely used so it's basically like having a private track to practice on. Friday evenings and early Sat/Sun is usually empty. I'm not sure on the legality of riding there, but no one I know has ever been arrested or ticketed. We've had some funny encounters there with the popo but most of the time it's fine.

My entry picture is facing south, with RFK stadium of the left side of the shot and the Metro on the right. About six other random folks were there riding this evening too - you can see them in the background. It's not the most exciting spot for pictures so here is a google map view of the area:

Edit: forgot I took this pic too

Man, a totally accessible race track in the US? I'm loving jealous.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

That track is loving awesome, especially if you can really have a good go around it.

For the silly challenge (I can enter my own challenge right?) here's one of my favourite loops:

While pretty much the whole route is nice and twisty there's a couple of standout sections that I look forward to.

First up is the area labelled Wiagdon. This is a steep winding road that climbs from a relatively low-lying area into the mountains. The road is very well maintained and sees gently caress all traffic so you can pretty much always blast through that section and get cranked right over. No need to worry about the speedo either since it's so tight, I usually top out at 80km/h on the more open corners. There's no real good spot to stop and take a photo when you're actually in the tight section, this shot was taken at the base of the pass and shows the first cutting (that orange section in the middle of the shot). Street view probably gives the best view.

The road direct from Wattle Flat to Sofala is pretty ordinary after that so a detour is in order to Red Hill Rd. This is a fairly well graded dirt road winding through the mountain range. Most of the road is surrounded by trees forming a natural tunnel like you can see above but there are breaks every so often which give great views like this:

Following that road you'll eventually reach the Turon River and the Upper Turron crossing. For some reason the Australian ADVrider crew consider this a mecca of dirt riding. It looks pretty imposing but because the causeway is so wide the water level is never overly high (this is immediately after a couple of days of rain and the water was only about 5cm/2in deep). After fording the crossing for a photo op it's time to head to Sofala along the Upper Turon Rd.

Unlike the relatively well kept Red Hill Rd the Upper Turon Rd is ungraded due to how tightly it follows the Turon River. There's quite a few steep climbs and turns as you go up and over spurs reaching toward the waters edge. This road also features First Crossing (pictured above) which is a much narrower causeway than the Upper Turon crossing and as a result the flow is much deeper at this point (~15cm/6in).

West of Sofala we end up on the Hill End Rd. This used to be dirt for much of the length but was recently paved. Still has some scattered gravel remaining on some of the later sections which keep the speed down a bit but the early sections again give you a great opportunity to get low while keeping to license preserving speeds due to how tight the corners are. Again there's no great area to stop and take a photo when in the tighter sections but that corner picture above is one of the more open sweeping turns you'll get on this stretch.

Halfway between Hill End and Sofala we reach the point of no return and turn off toward Turondale. A rock fall blocked the Bridle Track near Hill End making this the only way to get back to Bathurst. This road is features more open sweeping bends and has a great set of switchbacks surrounding another crossing of the Turon River (a shot from last month for reference, this is looking back after crossing the river). Just past the turn off to the Box Ridge Rd there's a set of corners that are pretty much perfectly designed to be hit at 100km/h with great visiblity the whole way up. loving impossible to photograph though so street view to the rescue again.

Box Ridge Rd is a beautiful (mostly) graded dirt road with great scenery the whole way along. Starts out in heavy forest, becomes a gazetted road cutting through a few farms, then you get that last stretch of sweeping turns before it joins the Bridle Track near the banks of the Macquarie and you're riding along the side of a mountain range through moderate vegetation.

While the paved section of the Bridle Track is not as well maintained as the roads leading to Sofala or Turondale it's still in good enough condition to support a spirited ride. About halfway along the road surface becomes pristine and you see a sign warning that skateboarding/street luge activities are banned on public roads.

That sign marks good times, for you're about to climb through this section of road. Another set of sharp corners cutting along the side of the mountain range with light filtering through the trees, gently caress all traffic to worry about, and no need to worry about how fast you're going other than making sure you'll get through the next corner.

After all that you could take the dead straight Duramana Rd the 5km back to Bathurst but it's much more fun to instead head back to Peel via the Peel-Duramana Rd for more dirt and bends. Light was failing at this point so no more photos.

The whole loop took around 3 hours today with multiple stops and backtracking trying to find a good spot for photos. Usually it's about a 2-2.5 hour ride depending on how many times you rerun sections.

Edit: I can't math.

ephphatha fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jul 25, 2015

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
I think I need to redefine my local riding roads, but I discovered my bike isn't very comfortable for long rides. Maybe once I get a bigger bike...

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Changing the seat could also work for you, but might not be worth it on your current bike. I would've been regretting that ride today if I was still using the stock drz seat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Ephphatha posted:

Aight, lets clear our minds and go to our happy place. I wanna see your bike and your favourite local riding area.

Welp for this one I could have gone to the good riding roads, but my favorite road is out of commission. Instead of resurfacing it they've just been patching it real shittily, finally got tired of the locals calling about the bikes I guess.

So I rode around a few places around the city. My rides these days are either backroad fun time or city cruising, so here's some shots of the city cruising.

Mt. Echo Park

Eden Park with some locals in the flesh. Attracts people like this yet there is also families of all colors grilling and hanging out and the perpetual smell of weed smoke on the weekends. The cops hang around just to break up fights I guess. I caught the dopiest looking white people in this one.

Downtown and the casino.

Downtown and the Big Mac Bridge over to Kentucky

My parking buddy in front of Kroger

And for this...

cursedshitbox posted:

I present to you:

In Kentucky...
Not one sportbike...
NOT ONE...
But Two!

:vince: :chloe: :buttfame: :grin: :thurman: :snoop: :quagmire: :laugh: :yosbutt: :ughh: :staredog: :cmon:

Two sportbikes with 4 dudes riding nuts to butts. Coming from the place they all stand around their bikes and chat, so they rolled up like this. Bros.......

• Locked thread