Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy
I had to write an email today about a work party for a colleague who is getting married, and today I learned it is spelled (and pronounced) nuptials instead of nupitals (nup-i-tals). Whoops! I'm 30.

\/\/\/ :iceburn: I deserved that!

genetic_knockout has a new favorite as of 04:27 on Aug 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy

JoelJoel posted:

Aaron Eckhart is not Jamie Lannister. I had to look this up because I am an idiot and identify people by chin.

I totally thought this too!! Except in reverse. I am totally the stereotypical goon with borderline prosopagnosia.

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy
I thought of another one! Regarding Donald Trump's hideous troll sons. I thought that DT jr was Eric, and vice versa. Not that this matters in my life in any way.

:sad:

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I've disliked Susan Sarandon for years because of one particular role she played that I just really couldn't stand. Turns out:

Not the same person.

Lesley Ann Warren is the lady I can't stand. :downs:

Good thing you figured that out, because Susan Sarandon is the bomb

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy
Today, at the age of 31, I finally figured out how to properly fold a fitted sheet by myself. I had always been using the method taught to me by my late great Single Dad, and they always ended up looking like a lumpy pile of elasticized poo poo. Today after flailing around with one for several minutes like some moron from black-and-white infomercial land, I finally thought there must be a better way!

I am equal parts proud and ashamed of myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Teach me your ways. I just kind of roll them into a tube and it feels wrong somehow.

Lol!! Basically what sweeperbravo said. Disregard the elastic, and find the little peaks in each corner. Line those up like you would do with a normal flat sheet, and fold away! Make sure the elastic parts stay tucked in somewhat and aren't spilling out the sides. Still a little lumpy, but an actual rectangle!

My Dad used to make me help him, and we would.....like tuck one of the corners into the other, which resulted in kind of a curved long tube shape, and then fold that in on itself. I don't even know.

Today my lesson is that it is difficult to describe how to fold a fitted sheet.