Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

"moonage daydream" is like, totally about gay sex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Jimbo Jaggins posted:

No, but Width Of A Circle is.

"The church of man love is such a holy place for me" is definitely not about gay sex, right. It's cool Jimbo I'll be your rockin rollin bitch for you. :bigtran::love:

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Captain Monkey posted:

I'd rather read a thousand Tiggum posts than read another failed call out by some rando poster acting like they're the voice of the forums.

:ironicat:

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

speshl guy posted:

Yeah my brain basically processed the written version how everyone was saying it in the show

"Oh yeah okay so that place is called Sha-Dynasty's too"

And when they outright point it out in the scene with the bar?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I'm no expert on the prequels, so I might be really wrong on this, but the wheel apparently doesn't exist in the Star Wars universe. Every vehicle either hovers or walks.

...R2D2?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

mostlygray posted:

Now I hate the song. I liked the line "...one winged dove..." and now the song sucks.

It's like the line from "Walkin' on the Sun" (Don't judge, it was the '90s). I always thought the line was "You need to be there when your baby's old enough to be laid." I thought, wow, that's a profound thought! How would I feel when my daughter becomes sexually active? Then I read the lyrics and never listened to Smash Mouth again.

I'm pretty sure the song's actual message (that the war on drugs is dumb and demonizes stuff like marijuana at the same level as crack cocaine) is much better and was far far far more relevant to the 90s than pontificating about "the sex talk".

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Feel the heat sneakin up on me"

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

There is a species of tick whose bite can give the host an allergy to meat.:gonk:

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Abugadu posted:

Somewhere, Chuck Palahniuk begins to write a book about devious vegan eco terrorists.

I did some further reading and its not ALL meat, just non-primate meat. So the protagonists can be angry cannibals.

"The first rule of Dinner Club is that you don't talk about Dinner Club. The second rule of Dinner Club is that if you don't bring a friend to share, YOU'RE dinner tonight."

Practically writes itself.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

I just figured out that this isn't even one of the food threads and the jackass that started all this was either too loving dumb to read the thread title or was outright trolling you all.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

sweeperbravo posted:

They've built the snowman, they're briefly pretending he's a minister, the minister sees that they are a couple that is in love and asks if they are married, they say no and tell him that maybe he can minister their wedding. I think I'm missing something about how this is creepy

To the ur-goon, all feelings of reciprocal love are creepy.

E: literally nothing in the song ever implies the narrator being a child

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

hogmartin posted:

There's a version with another verse that includes:

So I guess that's where I got it from.

Notably not the version with the lines about Parson Brown, which is what started this conversation. That version has the narrator pretending it's a circus clown.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

MisterBibs posted:

I just realized/put two-and-two-together that the errors I get posting through Awful (pages not loading, images breaking left and right) are coming from my home WiFi. Works perfectly on my computer, works on my phone in other WiFi networks, but home WiFi+Awful=Glitching.

They're watching you, and your traffic. Stay safe, hotdog almost-ghost.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

You can hit Ctrl+B or I or whatever in the post window to auto-insert the BBcode tags. :psyduck:

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Mega Man Legends had really great voice acting, particularly compared to the shitshows in Mega Man 8 and X4. Mega Man himself was actually voiced by a guy who acted like he was voicing a teenager instead of an 8 year old with progeria and it was a huge step forward.

Then in MML2 they replaced Mega Man's voice actor with some chick from Sailor Moon.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

hogmartin posted:

Increasing school funding doesn't necessarily correlate to better results though. If the roof is leaking or they actually have no money for books, then yes, it helps. If the administration has a good plan and needs some more funds to see it through, it helps. There are lots of failing schools that had their funding increased and absolutely nothing happened.

http://www.npr.org/sections/ed/2016/04/25/468157856/can-more-money-fix-americas-schools

Lol if you think that this matters at all. I was part of a school district where entire rooms flooded with sewage, causing multiple thousands of dollars of damage multiple times a year, and bricks were falling off the facade so regularly that entire sidewalks were closed permanently for fear of getting brained, and it still took decades to get a referendum to pass to fix that poo poo. This was in an extremely affluent part of the country and the tax increase came out to like four dollars per household annually. Greedy people are assholes.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

hogmartin posted:

and school systems that don't get results even though they're like trying to smother a dumpster fire with money.

Yeah, but we're talking public schools here, so what's your point exactly?

e: like lol outright at you thinking that there are publicly funded schools that have piles of money, regardless of what level of competency you expect from your educational system, you're a really loving stupid person

Rockman Reserve has a new favorite as of 18:38 on Feb 28, 2017

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

You are still missing the point that there are no public schools "smothering dumpster fires with money", because there are no public schools with that much money. You're trying to argue that loving Bigfoot would be much better off using Brand X of athlete's foot paste and I'm over here smacking you with a newspaper telling you to stop imagining problems that don't exist.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

MisterBibs posted:

I didn't drink until my early 30s, and when I did my first bartender steered me towards bottled domestics when I said "I've never really drank before, what should I do that won't kill me?". To this day I'm not really into hard liquors.

Kinda more E/N, but it's related to the above and thematically related: me and my partner had a small get-together the other day for lunch, and included were a few of my partner's ex-coworkers from a bar that she worked with, and I knew well from being a regular there. While reminiscing, we went down a rabbit hole of learning things that everyone else assumed everyone knew.

- I had no idea that a server at the bar had a big crush on me, at one point.
- I had no idea that this server was so sex-positive that she'd want to throw down with me for funsies; I figured she was just being Server At A Bar Nice, and she was just cute enough that I figured she was out of my league.
- My partner had no idea that I didn't know the above. She figured that the two of us had hooked up at some point (again, this server was casual about hookups, the notion that we didn't was something not considered) before we started dating, and just kept it on the down-low because my partner and the server weren't the best of friends.
- Everyone who worked in the bar assumed that the unfriendly relationship between my partner and the server was the fact that I had went from the server to my partner. The boss would even set schedules knowing I'd be in on Day X and wouldn't schedule the two together on Day X just to avoid issues/backroom squabbling.

Since that day, I've gotten a handful of texts from people who worked there at the time - some I haven't spoken to in years - because evidently me hooking up with Samantha was some fundamental underpinning of a bunch of people's memories of a place they worked.

purple death ray posted:

So you just posted all this, huh? Just fuckin went for it. Fuckin A

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Maybe dude just likes a fuckin smoothie.

Noted choking afficionado MisterBibs prefers his foods blended for an entirely more banal reason.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Randaconda posted:

The Depp version was loving terrible.

The Depp version is totally fine. People have a ton of weird nostalgia for the old one, it's a great movie and a classic, but the Depp one isn't the unholy abomination that people love to make it out as. I saw it in theaters with one of my best friends, and he walked out halfway through in a huff. Except I drove that motherfucker to the theater and it was before the era of smartphones so he just sat in the lobby doing nothing for forty five minutes and we all made fun of him for being so pissy for months afterwards.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

Jared Leto is the blond guy that gets the poo poo beaten out of him in Fight Club.

I looked him up on IMDB after Suicide Squad and whoa, yeah. For a performance that (iirc) doesn't have any lines, he sure makes an impact.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

i was actually always taught "counterclockwise loosens" and it kept tripping me up because it's like, what, do they mean the side i'm looking at, or the other side? i totally understand tiggum's confusion on this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

"Lead" shows origination from the 20's.

the romans used 'lead' for plumbing centuries ago, idiot