Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
I have a freezer. Why would i need an icemaker?

Edit: Oh to show of wealth! Yeah duh!

Edit2: I just checked and i don't have any wealth. Guess i'm sticking with my freezer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Aphrodite posted:

Apple's now doing what Microsoft did but their market share is still small enough that it's okay, I guess?

Apple is selling you a complete software/hardware package. Thats different to the business model Microsoft and Google are using.
Windows and Android are being sold to OEMs to put on their hardware and the OEMs, and by extension the customers, have no choice about what is preinstalled on their system.
You can't get Android without Chrome unless you also want to lose access to the Google Play Store.

There have been studies that show that a shitton of people just use whatever is preinstalled on their system even though alternatives are only a quick google search away. People just don't give a gently caress what their browser is called. They just want the internet. This skews the market and thats what the EU has issues with.
Thats why Microsoft had to do the "pick a browser" thing after installing windows and thats why Google will have to do this on Android as well.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Just make sure you have enough spare batteries on hand for your heated butter knife???

Or just splash out for a rechargeable heated butter knife if that's a problem???

Or just buy a thermally conductive titanium butter knife that uses the body warmth from your hand????

All these things do is put a thin film of molten butter on the blade so every piece of butter neatly slides off of the blade and onto the table.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Well what else do you hold in your hand that is veiny and shaped liked a slot machine handle with a knob at the end????

A wizards staff?

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Taeke posted:

One of the best Dutch children's show in history, if not the absolute best, is Alfred Jodokus Kwak, a show about a duck that's entirely Dutch except all the animation was done in Japan and it shows:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UKQVlOxgO4

I can't overstate how amazing this show is. It deals with adult topics in a way that is understandable for kids. The first episode starts with Alfred as a duckling losing his parents when they get run over by a car and a mole adopting him, but goes so much further than that. There's an episode dealing with apartheid between different colored geese, one of his best friends is a kleptomaniac magpie, the local town has a cycling competition where some of the duck competitors start doping themselves with medicine meant for elephants and his childhood bully named Dolf has an entire story arch that spans several episodes where he goes full nazi and fascism.

I'm not joking, just skip through this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyPEi_GPK2M

It's creator, Herman van Veen, is a goddamn saint with a golden voice and I'm lucky enough to have seen him perform live a couple of years ago.

The entire thing is on youtube as well.

Watched this as a kid cause my mom loves Herman van Veen. At the start it looks just like a normal kids show with talking animals and then it goes of the rails loving fast!

The Herman van Veen Christmas album is still a staple every year when the family comes together...