Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
this just makes me wonder if, when Mitt Romney spray-tanned himself orange to appear Hispanic, if they made his mormon mast look like a loving baby carrot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
the other day I found out that the main character in Kevin Smith's Dogma is NOT played by Jeanine Garofalo, but that she IS in the movie. Not sure how I managed to screw that one up, as I've seen the movie at least six times. :psyduck:

Also, for questionable etymology: "Avocado" comes from the French 'avec a do' which roughly translates to "to do with," because who the gently caress eats an avocado by itself?

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well that's ignoring that there are really two types of Wiccans...the aforementioned hambeast type and the weird and tiny ones who tend to have some sort of autoimmune disorder like Crohn's disease or Sjögren's syndrome.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
^^^ what would lead you to think "fifth" wouldn't sound like fourth, sixth, seventh, eighth, ninth, etc.? ;)

On a related note, I haven't been able to figure out if people pronouncing words like "northern" or "southern" as if they were spelled "-thren" is just a random thing or an actual regional dialect thing. Anyone know?

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Geniasis posted:

I know that there's an archaic word that the Scots had, Southron ("a person from the south) which they used for the English.

Not common in modern usage, but Wikipedia also tells me it was used to refer to a person from the Confederate States.

Sounds like there might be a connection, so there probably isn't. Still interesting though.

Actually, most of Appalachia is traditionally populated by people of Scottish descent, so that could be a potential thread.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jerry Cotton posted:

WHAT DO YOU MEAN GARAGE RHYMES WITH MARRIAGE OMG :confused:

the beauty of English is that where I live these two words don't rhyme at all

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ben Folds Five is a band of three people, Five for Fighting is one guy, and Maroon 5 at this point is just Adam Levine I'm assuming?

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Where I'm at, Elementary is K-4, middle is 5-8, and High School is 9-12.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hirayuki posted:

JMJ, goons.

I had to google this. The Stuff I Just Figured Out is coming from inside the thread!

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm not sure a lack of paragraphs is MisterBibs's actual problem...

AMISH FRIED PIES has a new favorite as of 01:09 on Mar 4, 2017

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
He's a canary with a glandular issue.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

MisterBibs posted:

The season 6 finale / season 7 opener of TNG, Descent, aired two months before the inaugural show that would also feature the Brandeis-Bardin_Institute.

Like, I knew that Descent used the Power Rangers command center, but up until now I didn't realize that Star Trek used it first, or that late-game TNG was at-or-about the same time as the beginning of Power Rangers.

Makes sense, since Saban Entertainment is run by a Zionist.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The avocado's name is a butchering of the French phrase "avec a do" which means "to have with," fitting because rarely is avocado or guacamole had by itself. :eng101:

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pookah posted:

You have no idea how happy this post made me!

I saw this fruit on a nature program years and years ago and I never knew the name, so I could never find them afterwards to show people the hilarious fruit that look like old-timey cartoon eyes.

It's a Christmas Miracle!

the saddest yoshi

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
today i learned that the french have a phrase for the urge to be a goon. “l’appel de l’escalier” :france:

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh yeah, do the commonwealth countries even do the ABC song? because doesn’t their hosed up “zed” thing gently caress up the whole rhyming structure at the end?

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shrapnig posted:

The founder of Taco Bell was named Glen Bell.

I see some other goon know what’s up and is watching David Chang’s new show on Netflix.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

hawowanlawow posted:

I'm gonna fill all of your ice trays with hot dog water, plebs

good god, the perfect crime. misterbibs will be dead on the floor, blue in the face, and there won’t be any evidence

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
It took me way longer than I'd like to admit to find out No Doubt's "It's My Life" was a cover, but in my defense the song DOES seem like something Gwen would do anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ixRWvrkUHo

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
My stain remover is also named Tabort.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jerry Cotton posted:

Not once you're past a certain age.

:drat:

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Milo and POTUS posted:

A glasgow smile

aussie smile would make more sense

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
guy fieri's hair my look stiff, even crispy due to hair products, but actually his hair is smooth as hell

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Henchman of Santa posted:

Some people’s moms are Tom Brady and that’s okay.

And when you were a baby
your momma was Tom Brady
I'm sure he was a really excellent mother
and when he tucked you in bed
and kissed you on your fivehead
that toothepaste scent was a big bother

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

It's a relief, finding something that fits, yes? :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
yeah there's several people who post in here specifically fo that, like the guy who posts things like "Dnobner :stonk:" in the Terrible Names thread.