Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Today it occurred to me that combination locks should be called permutation locks, and it's annoying the poo poo out of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Squids have ten limbs, but annoyingly still only eight legs, as the other two are tentacles.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I like Low Man's Lyric. :(

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Inceltown posted:

If you would like something to replace it I know a song that will get on your nerves, get on your nerves.

I legit don't know this one. I guess I'm immune.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Wait, when you bite things is it supposed to make there be more of the thing?

Have...have I been doing it wrong all this time?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

For anyone not getting how terrifying a moose is: https://youtu.be/ylCfXvKmdvU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

EasilyConfused posted:

👏 does not mean rooster.

What?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

EasilyConfused posted:

It's supposed to be applause.

No, that part I get. It's the seeing it as a rooster that I can't fathom.

But I'm on a smartphone, so maybe it looks different on a computer, like you said.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Sucrose posted:

You're still getting it wrong!

It's a stretch, but if the people checking the box are doing it specifically to cause the people who know that there are people checking the box pain, then the people checking the box are sadists.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

MariusLecter posted:

Always thought "This little piggy went to market" was a pun

I give up. How?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Baron von Eevl posted:

Presumably as pigs are taken to market to be sold/butchered, but as the other piggies are doing things like having/not having roast beef there's the humor of it going off to market to do the daily shopping.

That's not a pun.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

St_Ides posted:

The fun part of that is learning that we use the term “fridge” not as a short form of refrigerator, but because of the brand name Frigidaire. Or the term at least became popular because of the brand.

I hate that neither refrigerator not Frigidaire have a D before the G, but fridge does.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

And Dude Love

And the best.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Ah yes because mail-order famously didn't exist before the Internet.

So your stance is that if I am arguing with somebody about the lyrics of Blinded By the Light I need to get a mail order book catalogue, order a book with a listing of books that have lyrics, order one of those books, then look up the lyrics?

Truly that's identical in ease and speed to googling on my phone.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

So I need to own every book?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Judging by your marvelous posts it couldn't hurt.

My mistake. I didn't realize you were posting entirely in bad faith. I'll avoid conversing with you like a rational human in the future.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

My bad. I knew he was doing a gimmick, but I thought he'd at least maintain the veneer of polite conversation.

I'll do better in the future.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

My church as a kid passed around trays with little plastic shot glasses. Grape juice was in the middle and wine was around the outside.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Shifty Nipples posted:

I think I just figured out that in American football a "pick six" is a pass interception resulting in a touchdown.

If your "I think" is because you aren't sure you're correct, I can confirm you are. "Pick" is a synonym for an interception, and the "six" is for the touchdown portion.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Shifty Nipples posted:

"Pick six" sounds like a way to bet on one of those lottery games where they draw several numbered ping pong balls for the winning numbers.

It is, in several states.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Tom Lehrer posted:

It's people like that who make you realize how little you've accomplished. It's a sobering thought, for example, that, when Mozart was my age, he had been dead for two years.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

They just released a song about George Floyd, and it is very not good. Unless you like cringe in which case it's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Harvey TWH posted:

(poo poo I Want to Figure Out: how to send info to Alec besides hoping it gets found in a comment...)

Are you gonna recommend barbers?

As a fellow chubby guy who let his hair grow out during quarantine I feel an intervention is in order.