Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

do not order the fries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

they way it was taught to me was that quotation marks go outside of any other punctuation because they are "least important," so now I look down my nose at quotation marks. if they were anthropomorphized I would make them sit at the kids' table

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

also like the entire US government lol

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

next you're gonna tell me a sherm head isn't a WW2 tank enthusiast

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

some people probably just remember things they've read or heard naturally. it's wild

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

there may be a thread for this specifically, but I listen to a lot of music that uses samples and it's always nice to find a sample in the wild. in this case the original is very good because it's Labi Siffre

I heard it in a Bonobo remix of a song by someone named Jon Kennedy, but the best part of the song is Siffre's line

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDj1Qb6baVg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMMP-T3EF8s

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

you pronounce the h in hacer and its conjugations

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

makes you think

not sure about what exactly but still

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

e: wrong thread

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

TK-42-1 posted:

Yeah I couldn’t remember who the third guy was.

Gaius Marius posted:

It was Orson Welles

could have been just anybody

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

what came first, "see a man about a horse" or "see a man about a dog?"

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

it means don't stay awake until I get home

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

1940s noir films keep LA from ever becoming too uncool

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Peggy is short for Margaret

somehow

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

credburn posted:

When I was in jail I once helped a guy get a domino shoved into his penis. They call them canicas; basically someone gets hold of a domino, goes into the shower where there is grip tape, and they spend days sanding that motherfucker down. Using the grip tape that's probably covered in fungus, piss, and semen. Then when the domino is sanded down into the shape of a heart or diamond, three of us go into a bathroom stall. The first guy sits down on the stall, the second guy (me) holds his dick over a toilet paper roll, and a third guy makes two cuts using a razor blade. You have to cut in two spots to let the air out. The domino is shoved into the slit, and it sort of sits between skin layers on the top of the penis. Super glue seals the cuts. Then you just pray, pray, pray, pray you don't get a staph infection.

edit: I got a soda out of the deal

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I haven't used a screen protector in years and years with no scratches, I think screen hardness technology has made them obsolete at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Dip Viscous posted:

Dedicated weeding tools exist too

I have one of these and it owns