Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

I'm afraid we have no time for codes and manners.
Quick Oats, I'm guessing.

I just figured out that there's a link to the user control panel at the bottom of the page as well as at the top. All those years of scrolling back up to the top of the page like a chump :saddowns:

One Swell Foop has a new favorite as of 18:53 on Sep 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

Rurea posted:

White doves actually arent doves, they are pigeons

Urban pigeons are feral domesticated rock doves :colbert:

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

The words 'slough' (when reptiles shed skin) and 'slough' (an inlet) are pronounced differently.

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

Envelopes envelop, and Ecuador is on the equator.

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

It's a traditional German-style deck, and those are 'leaves'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_playing_cards

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

The most edible part is the heart, which is very small. The leaves do have a fleshy bit at the base that can be scraped off but a mature artichoke is, like, 80% inedible matter.

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

TheMaskedUgly posted:

There isn't.
All of those th sound the same, the difference is what comes after

How about 'this thistle'? Not arguing, just interested.

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

Hipster_Doofus posted:

If you heat up a can in boiling water there's no way it's gonna burst, unless maybe you waaaay overdo it and get the contents inside the can boiling hard enough, but I still doubt it. Now, if "boiling a can" means putting the drat thing right on the burner (without opening it) , then yeah...

If the can's in contact with the base of the pan and the burner's on high, you can get direct heating between the metals at higher than boiling point and create a steam pressure bomb.

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

LawfulWaffle posted:

Just want to tag up on this and say that this is why we still have things called Last Will and Testaments. As in, "The last thing that I will (want) is that my house goes to my wife, also this is the last time I'm gonna get a chance to say something so Peter, I never liked your wives."

There also used to be an antonym 'nill' - to not want something - which is where the phrase 'willy-nilly' comes from (will ye or nill ye - something that happens whether you want it or not).

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

Beartaco posted:

Haha, I thought they had some other machine to pick it all up off the ground later.

How a Baler Works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYTcWhOmER4

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

When the Levee Breaks on Led Zeppelin IV is a cover version of song that was first recorded in the 1920s.

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

wallaka posted:

You’ll be surprised to find out that most of their early repertoire is stolen from black musicians, then.

No, but that one specifically, yes. Hence the choice of thread.

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

christmas boots posted:

You might say it’s kind of a saur subject

It’s just a reptile dysfunction.

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

Lady Disdain posted:

I can't explain the puppet song. But he was definitely a Tory supporter (he famously left the UK in the 90s because Labour were elected). All the references to him specifically being a Thatcherite are quotes from other people.

The puppets in that song were all taken directly from a satirical TV show called Spitting image, which was consistently anti-Reagan and anti-Thatcher.

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

Chubby Checker?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

3D Megadoodoo posted:

So how is Diet Atkinson a millionaire?

Because it has no dialogue, Mr Bean can be sold in all markets and can be subsidised as deaf-friendly programming. Also he was in other shows that were popular.